ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
Ok....
The spanking Bob Enyart gave his [not son at the time] was child abuse if it was done out of anger and if he did not explain to the kid what he did wrong.

Huh?????? You don't think parents get angry at their kids?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
DR Brumley

Congratulations for being the first TOLian EVER to be placed on my ignore list. I've been here for over 5 years.

You misread everything I say, you hurl insults and you have a bad attitude. I cannot talk to someone who changes everything I say before responding to it.

Enjoy your time in my cone of silence.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob said:
Huh?????? You don't think parents get angry at their kids?
We all do. But we are called to not punish our kids out of anger or provoke them to anger, but bring them up in the admonition of the Lord.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Edge... I appreciate your response... I really do. But it almost seems like you didn't read my last major response to you. I addressed almost every issue that you raised in your last post... so maybe my large response to you fell through the cracks?

It was post #180.

Thanks.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
didn't fall through the cracks. I addressed it. Sorry it's not complete enough. But it said ALL of what I want to say. It's enough for you to go on.

D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh and just so you know.... The Westword is a commie pinko ULTRA left wing paper. It isn't even really a newspaper but more like a tabloid.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
didn't fall through the cracks. I addressed it. Sorry it's not complete enough. But it said ALL of what I want to say. It's enough for you to go on.

D
OK... but you didn't respond to a single point that I addressed. All you did was re-state what you had already stated which I have already responded to.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Oh and just so you know.... The Westword is a commie pinko ULTRA left wing paper. It isn't even really a newspaper but more like a tabloid.
Aww, c'mon Knight. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think. :D

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
We all do. But we are called to not punish our kids out of anger or provoke them to anger, but bring them up in the admonition of the Lord.

You don't think a parent can be angry at their child while admonishing them? Under what circumstances is punishment allowed? Don't you think a parent can be angry at his child and still be fair while doling out punishment?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:

As a side note, I find it interesting that your idol [as specified by your signature] has a 'rage inside him' while we are discussing anger.

Just seemed noteworthy somehow.......

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob said:
As a side note, I find it interesting that your idol [as specified by your signature] has a 'rage inside him' while we are discussing anger.

Just seemed noteworthy somehow.......
;)

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nah' I'll keep the Doctor out in the open. I had a feeling he would immediatly begin badmouthing me behind my back just like a Believer should......
I won't give him the satisfaction or the opportunity. I wanted to see how he'd handle the threat, and he failed with perfect predictability. Sad.

Knight, I did respond to your points. And I did not only restate I backed down a tad on the child abuse, because I suspected the Westword might not be entirely trustworthy. That's why I said I wouldn't buy totally into it. And it's the only thing I could find that made the boy's injuries sound so severe.

The truth is, I don't know how severe the beating was. But Bob was convicted, and they must have convicted him for a reason. But this is also the same justice system that aquitted OJ and failed to remove Clinton from office. It's flawed. So perhaps I jumped to too hard a conclusion....I'll give you that. But I will leave you with this thought....I still question the man. And I AM allowed to do that.

And to the doctor, I won't even respond to your post except to say that I never said "military overthrow." This is just another perfect example of how you change my posts to say something that you can easily attack. It makes you look like an idiot.

And I would never put Billybob on my ignore list, because he's a good man and I consider him a friend. One day when he and I almost went at it, he had the heart to PM me and apologize and say some kind words. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. You should follow his example, because right now I don't see the fruit of the spirit in you.

Edge

Caille

Knight said:
What drug are you on?

Me and Sozo are tight!

I love Sozo. We didn't "chew on each other" over Sozo!

Sozo is in our camp you dimwit! Sozo's problem is he gets too angry and cannot control himself and his language which is why he was ultimately banned (which he desired).

I'd love to continue with this, but since it would be against the rules, I'll let it drop.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
... I would never put Billybob on my ignore list, because he's a good man and I consider him a friend. One day when he and I almost went at it, he had the heart to PM me and apologize and say some kind words. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that.
Do you realize what you have just done to BillyBob's reputation?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
LH,
No, I don't...but I merely complimented him for doing the right thing one day. I don't care about reputation.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Nah' I'll keep the Doctor out in the open. I had a feeling he would immediatly begin badmouthing me behind my back just like a Believer should......
I won't give him the satisfaction or the opportunity. I wanted to see how he'd handle the threat, and he failed with perfect predictability. Sad.

Knight, I did respond to your points. And I did not only restate I backed down a tad on the child abuse, because I suspected the Westword might not be entirely trustworthy. That's why I said I wouldn't buy totally into it. And it's the only thing I could find that made the boy's injuries sound so severe.

The truth is, I don't know how severe the beating was. But Bob was convicted, and they must have convicted him for a reason. But this is also the same justice system that aquitted OJ and failed to remove Clinton from office. It's flawed. So perhaps I jumped to too hard a conclusion....I'll give you that. But I will leave you with this thought....I still question the man. And I AM allowed to do that.

And to the doctor, I won't even respond to your post except to say that I never said "military overthrow." This is just another perfect example of how you change my posts to say something that you can easily attack. It makes you look like an idiot.

And I would never put Billybob on my ignore list, because he's a good man and I consider him a friend. One day when he and I almost went at it, he had the heart to PM me and apologize and say some kind words. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. You should follow his example, because right now I don't see the fruit of the spirit in you.

Edge

Edge, then how do you suppose an overthrow of the government is going to happen? You know as well as I do, those in power will not give it up voluntarilly.