Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

There ya go.... a perfect definition of a humanist. :thumb:
Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over unthinking acceptance of dogma or superstition.
I'll take it!

Arthur Brain

You realize you keep attacking the messenger, don't you? You won't even admit stripping is immoral, so I suggest you zip it.

GO's a fruitcake. Anyone who thinks a person can will themselves into being aroused by a packet of dry roasted peanuts is a hamper short of a picnic, just like his "message"...

In case you hadn't noticed this thread isn't actually about strippers as much as you like to use them as an example. Heck, you think it's wrong for a woman to dress attractively and have a drink and a dance in a bar don't you?

glorydaz

GO's a fruitcake.

You're a resident of LaLa Land. What would you know? :)

In case you hadn't noticed this thread isn't actually about strippers as much as you like to use them as an example.

It's the example that first came to my mind, and it seems to be the one you're having such a fit over. :think:

Heck, you think it's wrong for a woman to dress attractively and have a drink and a dance in a bar don't you?

Nope. I don't, but I'm sure your over-active imagination will never let go of the idea. You're sorta like a little pit bull in that regard. ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nope. I don't, but I'm sure your over-active imagination will never let go of the idea. You're sorta like a little pit bull in that regard. ;)

i'm thinking more like this:

Spoiler
920x920.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was about me...
No, it wasn't. I paused as I always do and left the note I typically leave when Sod has been posting a while in Quixote's. Read the prior post, then see the note and if you haven't read much of Quixote's go back and look at prior Gazettes with the same sort of "pause" note. I close it for those who go there to read it and not to see someone trying to stomp about.

I saw my name and I read your carefully chosen quotes, as well. Quite the chest beating you had going on. ;)
Not unless you don't have much faith in your argument, in which case I agree and congratulate you. :)

You understand why that bothers you so much, don't you?
Sure, someone I like is so emotionally blind in her part that she's repeatedly offering about as low an insult as could be mustered. I'd expect you'd feel the same if I questioned your faith, but we'll never know since I haven't. In fact, I credited you with your own mind even when I didn't see the fruit of it (see: empathy).

Job was not deserving of the consequences, and God allowing consequences has nothing to do with an evil root or a house divided.
Job's friends, as you do here, thought differently, they just knew he was getting his just deserts. You're both wrong and your thinking is dangerous because of what it invites, as I've noted prior.

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

I don't understand. Why are you trying to isolate and demonize people who execute critical thinking?

Because she has a different definition of a humanist than you. Humanists are not the only people who think critically. In fact, glory is a humanist with regard to this topic and you, on the other hand, are an emotionally driven PC slave. You were brainwashed into your viewpoint and did not arrive at it through critical thinking.

Arthur Brain

You're a resident of LaLa Land. What would you know? :)

Enough to know that people can't train themselves to fall in love with telegraph poles and lava lamps. Frankly, your opinions come straight out of fundy fruitloop land so have at it.

It's the example that first came to my mind, and it seems to be the one you're having such a fit over. :think:

A fit? Hyperbole much?

Well good for you at least on that then.

Quetzal

Because she has a different definition of a humanist than you. Humanists are not the only people who think critically. In fact, glory is a humanist with regard to this topic and you, on the other hand, are an emotionally driven PC slave. You were brainwashed into your viewpoint and did not arrive at it through critical thinking.
:chuckle: You're wrong, but that hasn't stopped you in the past and it certainly won't stop you here.

Arthur Brain

Says the nut who thinks he's being "defrauded" if a woman goes into a bar and he's sexually aroused by her behaviour...

glorydaz

Says the nut who thinks he's being "defrauded" if a woman goes into a bar and he's sexually aroused by her behaviour...

Once again you've missed the point. You're quite the expert at that, aren't you? You wouldn't have that problem if you were looking at the stripper's behavior instead of ignoring it or calling it "good".

Strippers are enticing men to sin....there is fault there, apart from the fault of the men who are watching, whether you happen to see it or not. Would you be so understanding if it was your wife doing the stripping? Go ahead and claim you'd be just fine with that. :chuckle:

Would you be faulting the men who watched and not her?

glorydaz

I don't understand. Why are you trying to isolate and demonize people who execute critical thinking?

There is nothing wrong with critical thinking, Quetzal. The problem is when man allows his thinking to supersede God's. Man's ways are not God's ways....which is why it is so critical with these kinds of moral issues to go right to the source. Man likes to think that he knows best and he ends up believing he is the decider of right and wrong, and he can dictate what God can or cannot do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because she has a different definition of a humanist than you.
Merriam Webster: a system of values and beliefs that is based on the idea that people are basically good and that problems can be solved using reason instead of religion.​

I suppose that could apply to any agnostic or atheist, though they aren't inherently rational.

Humanists are not the only people who think critically.
True.

In fact, glory is a humanist with regard to this topic
Nonsense. That's like saying a person is a momentary atheist. Whatever you think of her reasoning she has it. It doesn't make her in any sense a momentary humanist. Even if a humanist agreed with her conclusion.

and you, on the other hand, are an emotionally driven PC slave.
If that's your take on Quetz, and your approach, no one can accuse you of being a humanist, rationalist, or empiricist.

You were brainwashed into your viewpoint and did not arrive at it through critical thinking.
Are you guessing weights next? Let me have a go...you're...light.

Quetzal

There is nothing wrong with critical thinking, Quetzal. The problem is when man allows his thinking to supersede God's. Man's ways are not God's ways....which is why it is so critical with these kinds of moral issues to go right to the source. Man likes to think that he knows best and he ends up believing he is the decider of right and wrong, and he can dictate what God can or cannot do.
If you say so. You can continue to call me a humanist in an attempt (however pathetic it may be) to make me look bad, if you wish. But, those are my guns and I am stickin' with em! It is my opinion that yours, on the other hand, are misguided and lined with venom and condemnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.