Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

No, it wasn't. I paused as I always do and left the note I typically leave when Sod has been posting a while in Quixote's. Read the prior post, then see the note and if you haven't read much of Quixote's go back and look at prior Gazettes with the same sort of "pause" note. I close it for those who go there to read it and not to see someone trying to stomp about.

Fine, but I certainly won't be reading something so biased....where you give yourself permission to talk about me, and use SOME of my posts when I can't respond.

Not unless you don't have much faith in your argument, in which case I agree and congratulate you. :)

I have faith in God's arguments concerning His principle of sowing and reaping.

Sure, someone I like is so emotionally blind in her part that she's repeatedly offering about as low an insult as could be mustered.

Silly Town. You can say I'm "emotionally blind" and in the next breath accuse me of offering a "low insult". Excuse me while I :chuckle:

I'd expect you'd feel the same if I questioned your faith, but we'll never know since I haven't. In fact, I credited you with your own mind even when I didn't see the fruit of it (see: empathy).

My feelings would not be hurt by your questioning my faith, nor do I care whether you think I have "empathy" or not. I happen to know where I stand on both those things, so why in the world would I care what someone thinks who has misread so badly what I've said?

Job's friends, as you do here, thought differently, they just knew he was getting his just deserts. You're both wrong and your thinking is dangerous because of what it invites, as I've noted prior.

NO....NO.....NO. Job's friends were wrong about Job. Why do you keep using such a BAD EXAMPLE?

I'm not wrong about the stripper. Paul was not wrong about those he exposed, either. Nor was Jeremiah. It wasn't dangerous for Paul or any of the prophets to speak the truth about those who sin. Telling the truth is never dangerous. It's dangerous to tell a falsehood, like you have done....claiming that people don't deserve to suffer consequences for their BAD BEHAVIOR.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Jeremiah 32:19
Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:​

glorydaz

If you say so. You can continue to call me a humanist in an attempt (however pathetic it may be) to make me look bad, if you wish. But, those are my guns and I am stickin' with em! It is my opinion that yours, on the other hand, are misguided and lined with venom and condemnation.

I'm not trying to make you look bad. You have made it clear that you're a humanist and are proud of it.
Lots of people are humanists. It isn't a dirty word or an insult.
It's merely another label.....like Christian, for example.

I certainly won't fault you for being honest.

So why do you find it necessary to use words like "misguided", "venom" and 'condemnation"?

Your opinion of me is wrong. Why? Because you are thinking like a humanist. I expect nothing else. Is my opinion of you wrong? You're saying you aren't a humanist?

bybee

If you say so. You can continue to call me a humanist in an attempt (however pathetic it may be) to make me look bad, if you wish. But, those are my guns and I am stickin' with em! It is my opinion that yours, on the other hand, are misguided and lined with venom and condemnation.

Actually, I think you are being quite civil in the face of a braying mule!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fine, but I certainly won't be reading something so biased.
No problem. A lot of people like it, but it isn't for everyone. No harm, no foul.

...where you give yourself permission to talk about me, and use SOME of my posts when I can't respond.
Well, if it was more than that it would be the actual thing I'm linking to, where the argument is actual and ongoing.

I have faith in God's arguments concerning His principle of sowing and reaping.
I've answered on that point. Job. I think you're overreaching.

Silly Town. You can say I'm "emotionally blind" and in the next breath accuse me of offering a "low insult". Excuse me while I :chuckle:
Sillier glory, why can't I? Someone I liked said something insulting about the most personal thing to a Christian, repeatedly, because she was so emotionally caught up in her position (that she forgot to be my friend in approach). There's nothing contradictory in it.

My feelings would not be hurt by your questioning my faith
Not how I think of it or would phrase it, but there's truth in it. I was offended, which is something like having your feelings hurt. I expect better of friends and I'm disappointed in myself when I fail that mark. I don't see either as a weakness.

If having the legitimacy of your faith questioned by someone you regard as a friend doesn't move you then I suppose I'd answer you don't value one of those particularly.

, nor do I care whether you think I have "empathy" or not.
Same answer, but I said your argument didn't evidence it. When you said you weren't indifferent on the point I took your word for it. Because you're in the best position to know your own mind and not crediting you with it would make any conversation a bit pointless.

I happen to know where I stand on both those things, so why in the world would I care what someone thinks who has misread so badly what I've said?
If we didn't care what people thought we wouldn't talk to them about anything. More so with people who hold us in regard and vice versa.

NO....NO.....NO. Job's friends were wrong about Job. Why do you keep using such a BAD EXAMPLE?
Because I keep hoping you'll hear me over the sound of that yelling. I know they were wrong. I noted they were wrong. Then what did I say? That's part of the problem. You assume you know someone is getting their just comeuppance and/or punishment. So did they.

I'm not wrong about...
Said Job's friends.

Telling the truth is never dangerous.
Right. But when you can't know the truth, telling what you think is the truth can be.

It's dangerous to tell a falsehood, like you have done....claiming that people don't deserve to suffer consequences for their BAD BEHAVIOR.
Ironic, since you just lied. I've never said that. In fact, I've said the contrary. What I've said is the wages of sin is death. That's suffering consequences. I've also noted that God corrects His own, that's suffering the consequences. And I've noted the problem with attempting to put ourselves in the shoes of God and declare who is getting what.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

You aren't the Lord and you can't know when the Lord is doing a thing and when it's something else, like Job...or like the simple, broken mechanism of the world...and the cow that crushed Bob's foot? Best not to speculate. It serves no end but our ego to assume.

Jeremiah 32:19
Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings
But it doesn't say when, does it. Which is why a rich man in hell said if he had known he would have chosen differently. Which is why good men sometimes die in their suffering, why children get cancer and why evil men have been known to perish on their thrones.​

glorydaz

No problem. A lot of people like it, but it isn't for everyone. No harm, no foul.

Well, if it was more than that it would be the actual thing I'm linking to, where the argument is actual and ongoing.

I've answered on that point. Job. I think you're overreaching.

Sillier glory, why can't I? Someone I liked said something insulting about the most personal thing to a Christian, repeatedly, because she was so emotionally caught up in her position (that she forgot to be my friend in approach). There's nothing contradictory in it.

Not how I think of it or would phrase it, but there's truth in it. I was offended, which is something like having your feelings hurt. I expect better of friends and I'm disappointed in myself when I fail that mark. I don't see either as a weakness.

If having the legitimacy of your faith questioned by someone you regard as a friend doesn't move you then I suppose I'd answer you don't value one of those particularly.

Same answer, but I said your argument didn't evidence it. When you said you weren't indifferent on the point I took your word for it. Because you're in the best position to know your own mind and not crediting you with it would make any conversation a bit pointless.

If we didn't care what people thought we wouldn't talk to them about anything. More so with people who hold us in regard and vice versa.

Because I keep hoping you'll hear me over the sound of that yelling. I know they were wrong. I noted they were wrong. Then what did I say? That's part of the problem. You assume you know someone is getting their just comeuppance and/or punishment. So did they.

Said Job's friends.

Right. But when you can't know the truth, telling what you think is the truth can be.

Ironic, since you just lied. I've never said that. In fact, I've said the contrary. What I've said is the wages of sin is death. That's suffering consequences. I've also noted that God corrects His own, that's suffering the consequences. And I've noted the problem with attempting to put ourselves in the shoes of God and declare who is getting what.

You aren't the Lord and you can't know when the Lord is doing a thing and when it's something else, like Job...or like the simple, broken mechanism of the world...and the cow that crushed Bob's foot? Best not to speculate. It serves no end but our ego to assume.

But it doesn't say when, does it. Which is why a rich man in hell said if he had known he would have chosen differently. Which is why good men sometimes die in their suffering, why children get cancer and why evil men have been known to perish on their thrones.

Gollly gee. I must have that Asperger thing like you thought. All those words just look like a bunch of gobble-de-gook to me. :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Sounds familiar. It happened to me too, TH.

glorydaz

Poor Town. He's so emotionally damaged by SOD's "attention" that he now claims I learned my "little wave" from him. Oh, and my mean "layer remarks"....I learned those from SOD, too. I must have been quite the good girl before that mean old nasty SOD worked his magic on me and turned me into a SOD clonette. :shocked:

Today 03:36 PMTown Heretic
That's because you're feeling your way through this. That's where "shut up" and gutless and the sod like little wave, lawyer remarks come from. I won't respond in kind because I mostly hate to see you doing this...your call though.​

I know this is a shock, but I happened to agree with Res on this particular issue. I won't bow to the group think and the mob mentality that goes with it just to please a bunch of nambie pambie liberals who don't have a lick of common sense among them.

bybee

Poor little girly boys. Hurt their little feelings. And here I thought this was a forum for grown ups. :chuckle:

It is a little sand box wherein you regularly throw dirt in everyone else's face. No one wants to play with you. You are a bully.

bybee

I love it when we get to see your true colors, Bybee.
There are so many whited sepulchers around here, that such a peek as this is a great reminder of what lies underneath. :thumb:

It is a mirror held up for your edification.
You get nastier and nastier.

glorydaz

It is a little sand box wherein you regularly throw dirt in everyone else's face. No one wants to play with you. You are a bully.

You've thrown more dirt than anyone else on here....no one has sunk to your level. The difference between you and me, Bybee, is you're a big hypocrite...more concerned with casting stones than you are about discussing the issues.

bybee

You've thrown more dirt than anyone else on here....no one has sunk to your level. The difference between you and me, Bybee, is you're a big hypocrite...more concerned with casting stones than you are about discussing the issues.

What you engage in cannot be described as discussion. You attack and demean any idea with which you take issue.
Therefore I feel quite free to fire a few salvos over your bow.

glorydaz

What you engage in cannot be described as discussion. You attack and demean any idea with which you take issue.
Therefore I feel quite free to fire a few salvos over your bow.

I'm sure you do.

When you finish, maybe you'll actually discuss the topic like an adult.

Nah....not a chance. Never mind. Just keep venting. It might keep you from exploding again.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Poor Town. He's so emotionally damaged by SOD's "attention" that he now claims I learned my "little wave" from him. Oh, and my mean "layer remarks"....I learned those from SOD, too. I must have been quite the good girl before that mean old nasty SOD worked his magic on me and turned me into a SOD clonette. :shocked:
Odd that you try to frame it like that when the actual comments, you include below, are a bit different. I don't know. I thought you were better than you have been in this thread. I'm not ready to abandon that thought just yet.

Anyway, here's what I actually wrote and thank you for including it:

Today 03:36 PMTown Heretic
That's because you're feeling your way through this. That's where "shut up" and gutless and the sod like little wave, lawyer remarks come from. I won't respond in kind because I mostly hate to see you doing this...your call though.​

I know this is a shock, but I happened to agree with Res on this particular issue.
I don't think anyone is remotely confused on the point. Some are worried about it, some disappointed to see it, some hostile in return over it or over responses on the point of it.

I won't bow to the group think and the mob mentality that goes with it
Said every meshak the world has ever seen. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting that if twenty elders call you a donkey you should consider braying, but you might at least check the mirror.

just to please a bunch of nambie pambie liberals who don't have a lick of common sense among them.
Yes, you're clearly unemotional on the point. Just cold, computer like logic leading to that summation. :plain:

Poor little girly boys. Hurt their little feelings. And here I thought this was a forum for grown ups. :chuckle:
Luckily for you, at this point, that isn't the case.

Else, there's no shame in being open to wounding, slight or not, by sufficiently hard comments from people you regard.

That's life. You can either be open to that sort of disappointment or you can be...someone else.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
GO's a fruitcake. Anyone who thinks a person can will themselves into being aroused by a packet of dry roasted peanuts is a hamper short of a picnic, just like his "message"...

In case you hadn't noticed this thread isn't actually about strippers as much as you like to use them as an example. Heck, you think it's wrong for a woman to dress attractively and have a drink and a dance in a bar don't you?

Yes, and that anything bad that happens is God's will.

Quetzal

A lot to tackle here, let's begin.

I'm not trying to make you look bad. You have made it clear that you're a humanist and are proud of it.
Lots of people are humanists. It isn't a dirty word or an insult.
It's merely another label.....like Christian, for example.
Gotcha, tone is tough to pick up on.

I certainly won't fault you for being honest.
Thank you, I return the favor.

So why do you find it necessary to use words like "misguided", "venom" and 'condemnation"?
You believe that there are people who deserve to be raped. Further, you are attempting to use God to legitimize this view. I find that very distasteful.

Your opinion of me is wrong. Why? Because you are thinking like a humanist.
If you think so, correct me and tell me where I am wrong. We can go from there...

glorydaz

I thought you were better than you have been in this thread. I'm not ready to abandon that thought just yet.

Abandon it, please. I simply cannot abide hypocrites and their condescending attitude. Whatever ideas you may have had, because I was nice to you in the past, have nothing to do with how I see this issue, and I will not pretend to listen to your patronizing words as if they were worth reading. They aren't.

Support what you have to say with actual scriptures or just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. It's up to you. My argument is a scriptural one. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.