Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

Do you think that dancing at a party is sowing a rape seed?

If you sow rapeseed, what do you get?

Rapeseed
Vegetable
Rapeseed, also known as rape, oilseed rape, rapa, rappi, rapaseed, is a bright-yellow flowering member of the family Brassicaceae, consumed in China and Southern Africa as a vegetable.

Raps_Rapeseed_Brassica_napus.preview.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:​

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Do you think Paul was walking in line with what Jesus said in that verse?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Do you think Paul was walking in line with what Jesus said in that verse?

one speaks of our behavior as Christians

one speaks of the Lord's will

two different things

when I say that some women in some situations deserve to be raped, do you think i am proposing that we should form raping squads and go out looking for them?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I pray the wicked turn from evil, too. But you're praying to the wind if you insist on tying God's hands by removing the very means He uses to turn people from evil.

Is punishment really the primary way God wants to lead people to him?

Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and the long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment; and the one fearing has not been perfected in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love Him because He first loved us.

2Co 5:18 And all things are from God, the One having reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and having given to us the ministry of reconciliation,
2Co 5:19 as, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not charging their deviations to them, and having put the Word of reconciliation in us.
2Co 5:20 Then on behalf of Christ, we are ambassadors, as God is exhorting through us, we beseech on behalf of Christ, Be reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21 For He made the One who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
according to paul, to reward them according to their works

But we don't really know what Paul meant by that. Did he mean something in this life? That God would use someone to do some evil upon Alexander as punishment? Or in the final judgment?

ok doser

But we don't really know what Paul meant by that. Did he mean something in this life? That God would use someone to do some evil upon Alexander as punishment? Or in the final judgment?

does it matter?

do you believe paul intended for the other Christians to be forgiving of Alexander?

is that why he wrote that to Timothy?

doesn't seem like a "turn-the-other-cheek" kinda thing to say :idunno:

Arthur Brain

It's always been immoral, and until recently everyone knew it. (the Jody Foster character - before the outrage reaches fever pitch)

Since when was it immoral for a woman to dress attractively? Is wearing makeup a sin? A dress cut above the ankle? You don't get to speak on behalf of 'everyone' GD, in fact at this rate...anyone...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
does it matter?
For the present discussion, I think it does.

do you believe paul intended for the other Christians to be forgiving of Alexander?
What would they forgive him for? Did he wrong others too?
Do you think Paul's statement excluded his own forgiveness toward Alexander? I hope Paul wasn't doing that.

ok doser

the retarded non-Christian gives his enthusiastic thumbs-up to Jodie Foster playing the whore:
Hmm, maybe I only saw the "cut" version because nowhere in any of this is Jodie Fosters character wearing a sign about her saying "C'mon boys, get it here!"

:nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Then stop doing it.
You addressed it again and me. I responded. I didn't repeat the arguments for the most part because of that, but I felt obliged to answer you.

...you need to give support for scripture, and you refuse to.
That's not even a little true.

Yes, you're outraged
Really? Thanks for telling me, because I could have sworn I just thought you were wrong and on a point that matters...am I really, really steamed about it then? Odd. I didn't get that, reading me. But you'd know...I guess.

but you cannot show where I'm wrong scripturally.
I believe I have. I'm not surprised you don't think so...that's mostly how it goes in arguments. Especially when people are outraged. Whoever they might be. The rest is for whoever reads it to decide individually.

You're giving us the perfect example of a humanists reasoning.
It really isn't. Humanists, as a foundational matter, don't believe in God. You might want to file that away before you lay that at the feet of someone who loves Him, again. Rather, I'm a Christian who is also a rationalist. That is, my faith is the friend of, not the opponent of reason.

I never once said God desires our sin.
I didn't say you did. I was making my own point, not trying to make yours.

Anyway, the point of that was the end, the problem with where your approach can lead, the caste system, the thing aptly summed in the response of Job's friends. Those who suffer must be suffering because they have offended God. Most of the suffering in the world is simply contextual. Always will be, from children's cancer to rape.

Allowing us to suffer consequences is a matter of justice.
Well, it's certainly just that man is judged and perish, but the cross is a matter of mercy, of God meeting the requirements of justice in love and offering us a thing undeserved.

There is a huge connection between sin and it's consequences right here in this life....which is what you refuse to admit.
There's also Job. And therein my cautionary advance about assuming we know and taking that road and what it can lead to.

God's ways are not man's ways.
Of course. We're corrupt and imperfect and desirous of harm, full of our own sense of value. We have much more in common with the man forgiven much who met debts owed to him a bit differently. That's our nature.

...which is more proof you're a humanist.
Humanists reject God. I only reject poor arguments.

Do you think our being conformed into the image of Christ is done without our suffering? Think again.
You should probably wait for an answer before you decide how to respond to the thing existing only in your mind.

The cross isn't there to catch us when we fall.
I wrote fail. The cross is there because we fail and willfully, because we will not satisfy the law and failing are doomed in judgment by it. Thankfully, Christ has met our insufficiency with His abundance.

It isn't there to excuse our bad behavior in this life granting us permission to continue to commit bad behavior.
I've never suggested it. In fact, I've rejected that notion on any number of occasions.

It's wrong headed for you to assume the cross is there to justify sin in this life.
It would be if I believed that, but as with the humanist business it only exists in your head. It's not me or mine.

Your examples are nothing more than an attempt to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
Only if the hat is lined with Jesus telling us about divided houses or telling the mob with stones to stand on their conviction. That sort of hat.

Surely you can do better than that, counselor.
I not only can, I have. The question I'm considering now is if you can.

Ask Paul if I'm wrong for asking the Lord to reward the slut for her bad behavior.
Slut? Reward her? Put that stone down, glory. You're only going to hurt yourself with it.

You're wrong in saying the psalmist didn't have the cross to contemplate.
No, I'm not. The Psalms were written before the cross came into being, before Advent, etc. Contemplating a thing that hasn't come isn't the same. I can't fault men who weren't living within the shadow of grace. I can or I could fault those who have been given more and done no more with it, if judgment was my meat.

It's convenient for you, but it's only an excuse.
I don't need an excuse. My sins died with Christ. The rest is the walk and moving through my life in gratitude for an unmerited pardon. :)

glorydaz

we've plowed this ground before, but one more time

if some victims of rape are not morally innocent (let's just consider the moral aspect) then what is a deserved punishment for their iniquities?

to be struck barren?
to get stds?
to be beaten but not raped?

They don't deserve nothin'. Neither do women who sell their bodies. Neither do women who abort their babies. Neither do women who desert their kids. Neither do women ..... And the women's lib beat goes on.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Male feminists be like:

It's on US to stop ~rape~

(by doing nothing about it.)

:chuckle:

Loving the Stockholm's syndrome here. They got you running imaginary missions now. How much longer are you going to keep up with these discussions before you realize you're just being played like a fiddle?

glorydaz

Wow. That "reward" being rape right?

See, the natural man is stuck in a rut. He is determined to keep his eyes and ears closed. A reward is something earned for good or bad behavior...not just good behavior. Had you engaged your brain before you opened your mouth, you'd have noticed the verse I gave was not calling for something good. The guy did evil and should be rewarded according to his works. The Lord shall reward the doer of evil according to his wickedness, and that includes right here in this life whether He gives you the gift of eternal life or not. You can't escape consequences in this life.

2 Timothy 4:14
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works.

2 Samuel 3:39
And I am this day weak, though anointed king; and these men the sons of Zeruiah be too hard for me: the Lord shall reward the doer of evil according to his wickedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.