Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Whenever there is a victim of a crime, it always inquired as to what they were doing in that situation in the first place. This is simply standard..

..except for rape victims.

I wonder why that is? It almost seems like the people so fervently against rape encourage people to be victims.

It's an over-reaction from when innocent victims were demonized. Now that prostitutes, harlots, and strippers have risen to the status of innocents, they reap the benefits of all the work the do-gooders in this world have accomplished.

It's because rape has become the one act that takes away all the sin of the one who was raped in the view of this politically correct age. If they were raped after slitting their own baby's throat, they would be declared innocent of all guilt.

And this thinking does encourage people to be victims....by assuring them that they have every right to tempt and entice men without any fear of having to pay the piper. Some are so full of themselves...so in love with themselves that they truly think they are above the consequences of God's moral laws.

Also, some women love the role of victim so much, the attention they receive, that they deliberately put themselves into the position of being raped or beaten. It's why some women pair up with abusive men....they enjoy playing victim and the pity and attention that comes with it. Whichever reason....the PC crowd is more than willing to shut their eyes to the facts of there being consequences for our behavior....right here in this world....right here in this life.

ClimateSanity

To defraud another person is to stir up in them desires that cannot be righteously satisfied. A woman can defraud a man by the way that she dresses, talks, or acts. A man can defraud a woman by improper touching or by talking about a marital commitment that he is not able or intending to carry out.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Keeping the subject about them not deserving it
That conversation is in response to someone who declared they did. Seriously, someone did that.

and condemning rapists speaks for itself.
The crime is about the criminal and the violation, not about blaming the victim for the poor impulse control and want of moral compass on the part of the criminal.

As soon as accountability rings in, the torrential 'misogyny' labels come out.
Accountability for rape belongs with the rapist. If you think it belongs with the victim (and the victim was a woman) then you're a misogynist or profoundly ignorant. I use the general sense of the pronoun. I'm not talking about you unless my note applies, in which case I am.

ClimateSanity

I want to know what that means too.
To defraud another person is to stir up in them desires that cannot be righteously satisfied. A woman can defraud a man by the way that she dresses, talks, or acts. A man can defraud a woman by improper touching or by talking about a marital commitment that he is not able or intending to carry out.

ClimateSanity

What? "Defrauding a man"? What is that even supposed to mean exactly? I've seen 'The Accused' and Foster's character doesn't deserve to be raped in the slightest. Do you think she did?

glorydaz

I agree with him.

You are free to agree with any wrong notion....that's your prerogative.

What do you deserve?

I've deserved and received lots of things in this life.

Rarely have I tried to weasel out of admitting my faults by saying I didn't deserve to suffer for what I'd done.

In fact, there have been many times when I knew perfectly well I deserved a much worse consequence than was required of me.

elohiym

Ask what she means by deserve and compare it to your definition.

She means merit, no?

If you break into someone's home, you are sowing theft and threatening violence. If you keeping sowing that kind of behavior, it will reap some pretty big consequences sooner or later.

I agree with that. The thief may be shot, and the one who kills a thief breaking in is blameless according to scripture.

Now what was Jodi Foster's character sowing in the film? Where is the law, either religious or secular, that makes her actions depicted in that film immoral. It's not immoral for a single woman to dress attractively, or to drink or dance at a bar. This isn't a Muslim country (yet).

glorydaz

I'm betting many of these folks on here have no idea that promising what you don't plan on giving is WRONG. The lines between right and wrong are so blurred now, because humanism has made room for every man's opinion, that stripping is not even seen as WRONG. :nono:

glorydaz

She means merit, no?

I agree with that. The thief may be shot, and the one who kills a thief breaking in is blameless according to scripture.

Now what was Jodi Foster's character sowing in the film? Where is the law, either religious or secular, that makes her actions depicted in that film immoral. It's not immoral for a single woman to dress attractively, or to drink or dance at a bar. This isn't a Muslim country (yet).

I rest my case.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Accountability for rape belongs with the rapist. If you think it belongs with the victim (and the victim was a woman) then you're a misogynist or profoundly ignorant. I use the general sense of the pronoun. I'm not talking about you unless my note applies, in which case I am.

Misogynist- a person who despises or is prejudice of women.

There is no misogyny in telling women to do something for themselves and stop relying on proverbial nonsense to keep them from having to.

Accountability for rape does in many instances belong with the victim because they are fully aware of the potential situation they put themselves in.

If I get mugged down in a ghetto, the police are going to have limited sympathy. They are going to place greater importance in telling me that I should know better then to be in such an area.
If I get drunk and go on some odd trajectory one night in which I end up in jail, there is no 'drunk card' that can be played.

With rape victims- and not just them but many women on several other things as well- there is no telling them that people reap from poor choices or irresponsibility. There's just anathema for the perceived transgressor, and that is it. You know who does that? A PARENT with their CHILD.
And that is ridiculous. If women are prepared to only bear the accountability of a child, then perhaps you should vouch for them having a juvenile status :rolleyes:

Because the only females I harbor a lot of sympathy for are the teenagers who have yet to learn any better. When you're an adult, it's time to buckle down with reality.

elohiym

I'm betting many of these folks on here have no idea that promising what you don't plan on giving is WRONG.

I'm betting the reasonable folk are wondering why you think a woman dancing in a bar means she's promising have public sex with any men, let alone several at once.

The lines between right and wrong are so blurred now...

You are the one blurring them with legalism.

...that stripping is not even seen as WRONG. :nono:

The character Jody Foster played was not stripping. What was her character doing that was immoral? The depiction of that incident in the film is what we are focused on.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm betting the reasonable folk are wondering why you think a woman dancing in a bar means she's promising have public sex with any men, let alone several at once.

The character Jody Foster played was not stripping. What was her character doing that was immoral? The depiction of that incident in the film is what we are focused on.

That movie really hits home with a lot of gals.

zoo22

She was provoking men to rape her by not wearing her burqa.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Misogynist- a person who despises or is prejudice of women.
Right.

Accountability for rape does in many instances belong with the victim because they are fully aware of the potential situation they put themselves in.
It's a bottomless pit of nonsense. Someone could tell the near half of women who are raped in their homes or the larger number raped by people they knew and thought trustworthy that they should have had a better home defense system or been more suspicious of the people they think they know well enough. When you want to blame the victim you can always find something.

But it's the criminal who is responsible for his conduct. He's a predator, without meaningful empathy. He's broken and/or evil. And he's singularly responsible for what he does absent significant mental defect that bars him from understanding his actions.

If I get drunk and go on some odd trajectory one night in which I end up in jail, there is no 'drunk card' that can be played.
Right. You're responsible for your actions. Like a rapist. Like anyone who breaks the law without justification.

There's just anathema for the perceived transgressor,
Percieved transgressor? Rapist. Someone who literally forces or by threat of force coerces a woman into sexual congress against her will. He's not a perceived transgressor, he's someone who should be in prison until his equipment stops working. I mean all of his equipment.

When you're an adult, it's time to buckle down with reality.
The reality is that a rapist has no excuse and a victim doesn't need one.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Your avatar disturbs people

glorydaz

I'm NOT wondering why a natural man can't see the immorality of Jody Foster's character.
Nor am I wondering why you people don't think stripping is wrong. I expect nothing else from you.

It isn't legalism to discern the difference between right and wrong.

Well, I was focused on strippers from the first, but that character was acting like a slut...begging the men to want her. She knew what she was doing, and you know what she was doing. She was offering what she didn't plan on delivering to the whole crowd....at least all on that same night. Too bad....you don't always get what you want. Bad behavior is risky behavior. Most people readily admit that fact. You won't because you're an immoral person who wants to pretend like that behavior is just fine. Why? Because YOU like it.

glorydaz

That conversation is in response to someone who declared they did. Seriously, someone did that.

The crime is about the criminal and the violation, not about blaming the victim for the poor impulse control and want of moral compass on the part of the criminal.

Nonsense. The rapist is accountable for his own actions, and there is no accountability for an INNOCENT victim...one who was doing nothing WRONG.

But, a stripper is doing something wrong. Therefore, she is accountable for her own wrong behavior. That wrong behavior has consequences of it's own. The rapist has consequences of his own and the stripper has consequences of her own. Bad behavior has consequences.

You're claiming in any action there is only room for guilt on one side. That's absolutely false and you can shout if from the rooftops it will not make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.