Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

elohiym

What I am claiming regarding playing the harlot is this. They will eventually reap what they sow....many times that is rape. Most victims of rape dont play the harlot so the objection doesn't work.

Whatever they sow, it's not punishment for being a harlot or "playing the harlot."

Hosea 4:14 I will not punish your daughters when they play the harlot Or your brides when they commit adultery, For the men themselves go apart with harlots And offer sacrifices with temple prostitutes; So the people without understanding are ruined.​

What does playing the harlot mean to you anyway? A harlot is a harlot, and even a harlot doesn't deserve to be raped. A girl out at a bar, drinking and dancing is not playing the harlot. Are you thinking of the character played by Jodi Foster in that film. Under Mosaic law, the men who raped her as depicted would be put to death, but not the victim. She clearly resisted and there were men there to help her, but they just stood by and watched. It's possible they would have been put to death, too, especially considering the ugly history with the tribe of Benjamin who ended up being slaughtered in a war because some of their tribe gang-raped a woman to death while others did nothing.

Why do you think they just stood by and watched the woman get raped? My theory is that it's because some men believed that she deserved it. Why else?

glorydaz

If someone could deserve rape as punishment, as is being claimed on this thread by some nut-jobs, why wouldn't a rapist deserve to be put to death for his crime? Death was the penalty for rape under God's law, and it still is (the rapist dies spiritually); however, rape has never been the penalty for any sin in the Bible.

Death is the penalty for sin under God's law. We don't die physically every time we sin or there would be no adults left in this world.

The law of Moses had it's own penalties.

But the principle of reaping what we sow in this life has no particular set of penalties for a very good reason. What may accomplish the purposes of God for one person may not be the same for another person. A person doesn't necessarily die (physically) for their immoral behavior, but they certainly can....AIDS for example. A robber may not die in this life, but he certainly can. There may be other consequences than death....a wide variety of consequences. That is what you "nut jobs" are denying.

Immorality is a sin with consequences in this life, which we are discussing here. Denying that immoral behavior is wrong behavior deserving of consequences is mocking God.
Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

elohiym

well, except for that pesky Isaiah bit

I already addressed the Isaiah passage you posted. You punted, as usual. Bottom line: that prophecy does not mean rape is their punishment. Others have tried to explain this to you but you just keep sticking your fingers in your ear and keep reposting the same verse.

glorydaz

Whatever they sow, it's not punishment for being a harlot or "playing the harlot."

Hosea 4:14 I will not punish your daughters when they play the harlot Or your brides when they commit adultery, For the men themselves go apart with harlots And offer sacrifices with temple prostitutes; So the people without understanding are ruined.​

What does playing the harlot mean to you anyway? A harlot is a harlot, and even a harlot doesn't deserve to be raped. A girl out at a bar, drinking and dancing is not playing the harlot. Are you thinking of the character played by Jodi Foster in that film. Under Mosaic law, the men who raped her as depicted would be put to death, but not the victim. She clearly resisted and there were men there to help her, but they just stood by and watched. It's possible they would have been put to death, too, especially considering the ugly history with the tribe of Benjamin who ended up being slaughtered in a war because some of their tribe gang-raped a woman to death while others did nothing.

Why do you think they just stood by and watched the woman get raped? My theory is that it's because some men believed that she deserved it. Why else?

Oh, the poor innocent woman in the bar. She had no responsibility whatsoever. Congratulations Women's Lib. You have successfully brainwashed another man. :thumb:

No, it's because the men had gone a whoring themselves. The daughters won't be punished because their fathers did the same or worse.

But we see here how God punishes people for their ways and rewards them for their doings. They'll eat but not have enough. They'll commit whoredom but shall "not increase". Punishment but no "death"....a wide variety of punishments while reaping what bad behavior sows.

Hosea 4:9
And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord.​

glorydaz

I already addressed the Isaiah passage you posted. You punted, as usual. Bottom line: that prophecy does not mean rape is their punishment. Others have tried to explain this to you but you just keep sticking your fingers in your ear and keep reposting the same verse.

You "explain" a lot of things and are almost always WRONG. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Playing the harlot is defrauding a man. Check Jodie foster in the movie accused for the classic harlot.

What? "Defrauding a man"? What is that even supposed to mean exactly? I've seen 'The Accused' and Foster's character doesn't deserve to be raped in the slightest. Do you think she did?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Anyone who thinks there are no consequences for bad behavior in this life is living in LA LA Land. The fact, though, is they don't actually believe that. To admit such a thing would destroy their argument that people do not deserve to suffer anything in this life for the evil they do.

They'd be the first to cry out, "He deserved what he got" if it was talking about a guy getting shot for breaking into their home. ;)

A person who breaks into a home doesn't deserve go be shot. :idunno:

glorydaz

A person who breaks into a home doesn't deserve go be shot. :idunno:

I'm betting many would disagree with you on that one.

If someone breaks into my house, I would figure they meant to do me and my family harm. They could very well get shot, and if they got shot, I would say they deserved whatever they got. Doing wrong is a risky business. You never know what you might reap....which is why reaping what you sow is such a powerful principle....which was set up by God, Himself.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Whenever there is a victim of a crime, it always inquired as to what they were doing in that situation in the first place. This is simply standard..

..except for rape victims.

I wonder why that is? It almost seems like the people so fervently against rape encourage people to be victims. If someone gets caught up in situations in which they get mugged or violated in some way, do you NOT give them advice?

But with rape victims, you tell them they shouldn't have to do anything except keep doing what they are doing. This is why women get raped. Good job. All these people are doing is assuming some ridiculous moral complex, they don't actually care about the victims- that's just a masquerade.

Arthur Brain

Whenever there is a victim of a crime, it always inquired as to what they were doing in that situation in the first place. This is simply standard..

..except rape victims.

I wonder why that is?

I wonder more why you think that is?

Unless you think every victim of a crime has put themselves in some sort of situation "in the first place" then what are you on about?

ClimateSanity

I agree with him.

What do you deserve?

Ask what she means by deserve and compare it to your definition. If you break into someone's home, you are sowing theft and threatening violence. If you keeping sowing that kind of behavior, it will reap some pretty big consequences sooner or later.

Arthur Brain

I wonder why that is? It almost seems like the people so fervently against rape encourage people to be victims. If someone gets caught up in situations in which they get mugged or violated in some way, do you NOT give them advice?

But with rape victims, you tell them they shouldn't have to do anything except keep doing what they are doing. This is why women get raped. Good job. All these people are doing is assuming some ridiculous moral complex, they don't actually care about the victims- that's just a masquerade.

Ah, you've edited although the quality didn't improve. Nobody is advising women or anybody to put themselves in situations where they'd be at risk of violent assault or anything else. If that part hasn't sunk in yet then I dunno what you've been reading...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

That's not really the case though. You must not have any particular familiarity with law enforcement procedure. Or do you mean the gossips?

I wonder why that is? It almost seems like the people so fervently against rape encourage people to be victims.
Maybe that's just the way you're looking at it. :idunno:

If someone gets caught up in situations in which they get mugged or violated in some way, do you NOT give them advice? But with rape victims, you tell them they shouldn't have to do anything except keep doing what they are doing.
I think it probably has a lot to do with the circumstances. By way of, did you know that most women are raped by friends or acquaintences and about half within a mile of their home? U.S. Department of Justice, National Crime Victimization Study: 2009-2013.

The last study I saw had about forty percent of rapes occuring within the victim's home.

This is why women get raped. Good job.
So it's everyone's fault but the fellow whose fault it actually is... :plain:

All these people are doing is assuming some ridiculous moral complex, they don't actually care about the victims- that's just a masquerade.
That's a silly thing to say.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Ah, you've edited although the quality didn't improve. Nobody is advising women or anybody to put themselves in situations where they'd be at risk of violent assault or anything else. If that part hasn't sunk in yet then I dunno what you've been reading...

Keeping the subject about them not deserving it and condemning rapists speaks for itself.
As soon as accountability rings in, the torrential 'misogyny' labels come out.

If you haven't realized it, neither sympathizers or the feminist lobby ever actually condone an idea of women doing what they can for themselves. It becomes a rather 'misandrist' thing, where one pitifully tries to anchor an idea that men should be taught not to rape or some other absurdity.

People have gotten tired of it. It's not misogyny, it's the reaction of an earache, and watching women sit there and act like the world should move for them and not them themselves.

ClimateSanity

What? "Defrauding a man"? What is that even supposed to mean exactly? I've seen 'The Accused' and Foster's character doesn't deserve to be raped in the slightest. Do you think she did?
She made those men think she was ready for sex and tempting them with her body. If she is not willing to follow through on what she was putting out there, it is called defrauding or playing the harlot. There you go throwing the word deserve around again. If you sow playing the harlot, you will reap bad consequences, and that might include rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.