Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your saying it doesn't make it so.
Right, which is why I've done more than that, noting that no one has a legal right and that the practice itself is immoral, evil, and as Jesus said when the religous leaders of the day suggested evil was doing good, a house divided against itself cannot stand. Just so, God, who is wholly good, cannot do evil.

There is a standard. Reap what you sow. Psalm 28:4
It's a standard. But it isn't one that justifies or sanctifies rape, which remains evil and contrary to God and the good.

Nothing dangerous at all.
Sure there is, if it makes people think as Job's friends did, when Job was blameless.

God intercedes in the affairs of unbelievers in order to draw them to Himself. There are many reasons God would allow bad things to come as a result of our bad behavior.
You keep phrasing it as though God is doing something by not doing anything. The rain falls. If you're walking in it you're going to get wet. It doesn't mean that God is allowing the rain to ruin your hair. :) It means there is a system in play and it will continue to do as it will absent intervention.

Yeah, I'm more mercy and grace myself, but God is in the business of drawing and conforming us. Nothing is outside the boundaries of what God allows to come upon us. In fact, I go so far as to say that if God allows a stripper to be raped, it can be exactly what she needs to turn her from the path she was embarked on.
God allows/created us with free will. Going beyond that is the road to that dangerous assumption Job ran into. "Fred cut his leg off with a power tool...I wonder why God let him do that."

It may very well cause her to turn to God for His mercy and grace....because it may make her see her guilt.
And if a child is raped and murdered? No, I think that's asserting a lack of something as an act or nearly enough to invite the wrong notion I've noted.

Telling her she did nothing wrong is the exact opposite of telling her the truth....that she had done wrong, but God could forgive her.
Who is arguing that you tell a stripper she's doing something that isn't wrong? I've said we're responsible to God for our sin. It's a separate subject and it doesn't elevate or justify rape or transfer a scintilla of responsibility from the actor to the victim, like her or not, agree with her choices or not.

I realize it's hard for man to fathom, but your saying so does not mean it's the truth.
I've never substituted declaration for argument. In the highlighted portion I made a clear enough challenge that no one will meet by providing God suggesting rape as anything other than a thing which merits punishment.

Women being raped was a punishment God allowed.
Horsefeathers. Or whoresfeathers. Either way that's your read in, but God never violates His own nature and what he thinks about rape isn't unclear.

Wrong. I empathize more than you seem to think.
I don't see it, but if you say so I'm glad to hear it. Usually, if someone says A deserved what they got they aren't particularly sympathetic, let alone empathetic in relation.

I was headed down the road to destruction....not as a stripper, but close enough. Just because you don't hear what I'm saying, doesn't mean you should jump to such silly conclusions as you have done here. No offense intended. ;)
I'm not offended, so don't trouble yourself on that count. I'm just disagreeing with what strikes me as a serious error on your part with potentially horrible consequences as a general principle. I don't believe in blaming victims. I think it's wrong on just about every level. And it wasn't really a jump. More of a reasonable step, given, supra.

It's like saying I can't see sinful behavior and call it what it is without condemning the person committing the act.
It really isn't. It's like saying that when someone is raped and you say she had it coming there's not much demonstrable empathy evidenced. There can be any number of reasons for that response, beginning with hot buttons. Doesn't mean the person responding is a monster, only that they're approach gives an appearance at odds with a traditional notion of empathy.

I believe that I have more love and sympathy than those who only see the stripper as a VICTIM.
I don't see how that follows, but okay. I don't think anyone is only one thing. But in terms of the rape that would be accurate. It's just not encompassing. Then again, outside of God who can encompass and judge anyone? All we can speak to is the obvious.

She's a victim of her own iniquities that are killing her. Pretending like she's innocent is not doing her any favors.
I'm not doing any of that so I'll move on and let someone who is answer on the point.

Never? God can't use the evils of ungodly men to punish us?
What I said was that God wouldn't condone rape as a punishment, that he punishes those who rape and that to suggest God is okay with rape in any particular is to set Him against Himself.

To pick one by way of example:
Isaiah 13:16
Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
You do realize God isn't commanding that anyone ravish women with that, right?

glorydaz

It's a standard. But it isn't one that justifies or sanctifies rape, which remains evil and contrary to God and the good.

Sure there is, if it makes people think as Job's friends did, when Job was blameless.

God allows/created us with free will. Going beyond that is the road to that dangerous assumption Job ran into. "Fred cut his leg off with a power tool...I wonder why God let him do that."

And if a child is raped and murdered? No, I think that's asserting a lack of something as an act or nearly enough to invite the wrong notion I've noted.

Who is arguing that you tell a stripper she's doing something that isn't wrong? I've said we're responsible to God for our sin. It's a separate subject and it doesn't elevate or justify rape or transfer a scintilla of responsibility from the actor to the victim, like her or not, agree with her choices or not.

I don't see it, but if you say so I'm glad to hear it. Usually, if someone says A deserved what they got they aren't particularly sympathetic, let alone empathetic in relation.

I'm not offended, so don't trouble yourself on that count. I'm just disagreeing with what strikes me as a serious error on your part with potentially horrible consequences as a general principle. I don't believe in blaming victims. I think it's wrong on just about every level. And it wasn't really a jump. More of a reasonable step, given, supra.

It really isn't. It's like saying that when someone is raped and you say she had it coming there's not much demonstrable empathy evidenced. There can be any number of reasons for that response, beginning with hot buttons. Doesn't mean the person responding is a monster, only that they're approach gives an appearance at odds with a traditional notion of empathy.

What I said was that God wouldn't condone rape as a punishment, that he punishes those who rape and that to suggest God is okay with rape in any particular is to set Him against Himself.

You do realize God isn't commanding that anyone ravish women with that, right?

Alright...this is way too long. I cut it down as best I could, but I'll try to keep this simple. I believe God allows exactly what you claim He would never "condone". Once again.....it's a matter of semantics. Allows....condones....two different things entirely. Nothing I have said comes even close to suggesting that God is "okay" with rape. Nothing I have said comes close to saying that God commands a guy to ravish women. Yet you say I've said or suggested all that and more. What you are claiming is simply UNTRUE. Job was not guilty of stripping, nor is a murdered child guilty of anything, so your "examples" are so far out they aren't worth addressing. You're tossing out distractions...nothing more.

I'm afraid you're insisting on looking at this from the perspective of the humanist. It isn't fair, so it cannot be so. It's like people that claim a just and loving God would never condemn man to hellfire. It's impossible to discuss this if you insist on looking through those YELLOW sunglasses. All the yellow statements above have nothing to do with the reality of what I'm saying.

If you could ever manage to drop the false assumptions (in yellow), we might be able to get to the heart of this matter. That God does allow bad things to happen to BAD people (for a purpose), just as He allows bad things to happen to good people (for another purpose altogether). He has purposes behind all things that He allows to come upon us.

You seem to be claiming that my pointing out to sinners that their behavior can result in bad things happening to them is a wrong and dangerous thing to do....that it makes me appear to be judgmental. Well, that it is exactly what we are called to do....judge all things. (It's the wages their bad behavior has earned.) We're called to do so, because it is a fact that we reap what we sow in this life. We deserve whatever we get when we engage in immoral behavior. We suffer the consequences for our bad behavior. It's right that we do. Denying the fact that our RIGHTEOUS God allows us to suffer, here in this life, for the WRONG WE DO is a denial of God's very righteousness. It's denying the very means God uses to lead us into righteousness...to show us the consequences of sin. Just telling us isn't enough. We experience it and it becomes reality. He knows that....yet many people refuse to accept it.

ClimateSanity

Your saying it doesn't make it so. There is a standard. Reap what you sow. Psalm 28:4

Heavens, no one desires a spanking, either, but they most often deserve one. When you use common sense, you don't need any "packaging".

Nothing dangerous at all. God intercedes in the affairs of unbelievers in order to draw them to Himself. There are many reasons God would allow bad things to come as a result of our bad behavior. Keeping us from even more evil is one of those things. I'm confident the Lord was working in my life long before I turned to Him for salvation.

Yeah, I'm more mercy and grace myself, but God is in the business of drawing and conforming us. Nothing is outside the boundaries of what God allows to come upon us. In fact, I go so far as to say that if God allows a stripper to be raped, it can be exactly what she needs to turn her from the path she was embarked on. It may very well cause her to turn to God for His mercy and grace....because it may make her see her guilt. Telling her she did nothing wrong is the exact opposite of telling her the truth....that she had done wrong, but God could forgive her.

I realize it's hard for man to fathom, but your saying so does not mean it's the truth. Women being raped was a punishment God allowed.

Wrong. I empathize more than you seem to think. I was headed down the road to destruction....not as a stripper, but close enough. Just because you don't hear what I'm saying, doesn't mean you should jump to such silly conclusions as you have done here. No offense intended. ;) It's like saying I can't see sinful behavior and call it what it is without condemning the person committing the act. I believe that I have more love and sympathy than those who only see the stripper as a VICTIM. She's a victim of her own iniquities that are killing her. Pretending like she's innocent is not doing her any favors.

Never? God can't use the evils of ungodly men to punish us? Is that what you're' saying? I think you're wrong about that. God allows a wide variety of horrible things to come upon wrong doers, and he uses ungodly men and their evil deeds all the time. Punishment takes on many forms. Hosea 9:14 Denying that seems a bit naïve to me. Zech. 14:2

Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Lamentations 5:11
They ravished the women in Zion, and the maids in the cities of Judah.​

Isaiah 13:16 kind of takes away all of their certainty that God never uses rape as a punishment. Ravished their women? What else do you call that?

A miscarrying womb and dry breasts sounds pretty evil to me too. Imagine someone giving a woman a pill that would do just that. Imagine her going to court over it. I think a judge would be quick to call it an evil act.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I believe God allows exactly what you claim He would never "condone".
I think "allows" gives an impression that God is fine with it. I don't think God is ever fine with that which violates His nature.

Nothing I have said comes even close to suggesting that God is "okay" with rape.
If you suggest God allows people to punish others for misdeeds and then quote a line of foretelling about rape you've come mightily close to doing that, intend to or not. Happy for any qualifcation in response though.

Job was not guilty of stripping, nor is a murdered child guilty of anything, so your "examples" are so far out they aren't worth addressing. You're tossing out distractions...nothing more.
No, I'm not. Job wasn't stripping is missing a point I stated pretty directly. Again, Job's friends thought his misery was his own fault, that God was punishing him (maybe one of them even thought God was simply allowing him to be punished for his misdeeds). And your approach is similar to theirs, can lead to that sort of mistaken assumption. Job wasn't reaping what he sowed. Job wasn't being punished for his transgressions.

I'm afraid you're insisting on looking at this from the perspective of the humanist.
Why on earth would you think my noting God and Christ and the moral problem here would smack of humanism? Because I've spent more time on that than I have on the cut and dried right/law examination. It would be the oddest form of humanism I've ever heard of...

It isn't fair, so it cannot be so.
You keep trying to do that, project that I'm just declaring and it's still not true. I've argued and illustrated. If you can't credit that you're too blinkered to continue the conversation meaningfully.

It's like people that claim a just and loving God would never condemn man to hellfire.
No, it's nothing like that. It's like saying a house divided cannot stand. That's a paraphrase of scripture and an argument. It's like stating, plainly, that God does not condone evil, that he punishes it and that the thing under consideration, rape, is evil.

If you could ever manage to drop the false assumptions (in yellow),
Rather, I make reasoned inferences. If I get one wrong it's easy enough to fix.

You seem to be claiming that my pointing out to sinners that their behavior can result in bad things happening to them is a wrong and dangerous thing to do..
No, I've said we're responsible for out sin to God. I don't have any problem at all with pointing out the error in sinful behavior. I have a problem laying blame or responsibility for the act of one person on another. That's the line of demarcation.

(It's the wages their bad behavior has earned.)
Judgement is the wages, death. Not rape. That's just an evil man working his will. It has nothing to do with God's justice.

We're called to do so, because it is a fact that we reap what we sow in this life.

We can. It doesn't follow that we always do. Sometimes a cheater gets a higher grade and skews the curve. Sometimes a bad man dies in a comfortable bed.

We deserve whatever we get when we engage in immoral behavior.
No, glory, we don't deserve to be raped because we lie. In fact, if anyone rapes you for any reason it's not justice, which is why God never says to do that and why a rapist isn't treated well by the Bible.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The obsession with the subject of 'rape' is due in over idolizing of the female body.

Prison rape, or homosexual rape, is rarely if ever discussed. There's a reason why this imaginary 'rape culture' is brought up, and the more it is, the more repulsive it becomes to those who are just simply sick of hearing it.

Rape is no more heinous a crime than adultery as far as I'm concerned. The emotional damage is the same, and the fact that there is no justice for adultery weighs in hard- it's not a crime, so a person can do nothing about it. In the Bible, it's adultery that is punishable by death, not rape. I wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with the first line of this post :rolleyes:

People can say otherwise, but I'm tired of treating this victim complex of women as being something other than what it is, or appealing to the emotional sensitivity to trauma by females as being as legitimate as the harsh trauma men potentially face.

When rape starts getting equated nearly to the same tier as murder, that's when a rational person should take notice to the delusion. And not just the delusion, but the agenda- it is in fact driven by one.

glorydaz

Isaiah 13:16 kind of takes away all of their certainty that God never uses rape as a punishment. Ravished their women? What else do you call that?

A miscarrying womb and dry breasts sounds pretty evil to me too. Imagine someone giving a woman a pill that would do just that. Imagine her going to court over it. I think a judge would be quick to call it an evil act.

Agreed. I'm actually quite surprised to see people claim rape is somehow a special act that God would never allow. He allows so much suffering...if He didn't allow it, there would be none. And the reasons are never without purpose, though we may not see what those purposes are.

God is concerned about our eternal life....our lives on this earth are just a moment in time. "Whatever it takes" just doesn't fit in with man's personal sensibilities, so they reject the very idea that even horrible things can have a higher purpose. Pain and suffering can be both a punishment and a lesson at the same time. They are not exclusive of one another.

Why would anyone balk at the idea that God would allow someone to suffer rape if it resulted in her seeing that her immoral behavior had resulted in something so dire? What an eye opener that would be, and why would God rule anything out concerning what He allows to come upon us? Where does the Bible say He rules anything out? It doesn't. When that Jodi Foster character was coaxing the man to come toward her...beckoning him with her fingers and her eyes and her hips, she was working hard on getting him to want her for sexual purposes. That is the epitome of sin. There was nothing innocent about it. The fact that she became a rape victim doesn't erase her own guilt in the matter.

glorydaz

I think "allows" gives an impression that God is fine with it. I don't think God is ever fine with that which violates His nature.

God allows birth defects. God allows abortion. God allows torture, child molestation......what about God's nature in cases like that?

If you suggest God allows people to punish others for misdeeds and then quote a line of foretelling about rape you've come mightily close to doing that, intend to or not. Happy for any qualifcation in response though.

The rapist isn't punishing anyone, but can be used by God just as Pharaoh was. God uses evil people all the time to punish sin.

No, I'm not. Job wasn't stripping is missing a point I stated pretty directly. Again, Job's friends thought his misery was his own fault, that God was punishing him (maybe one of them even thought God was simply allowing him to be punished for his misdeeds). And your approach is similar to theirs, can lead to that sort of mistaken assumption. Job wasn't reaping what he sowed. Job wasn't being punished for his transgressions.

I don't care what Job's friends thought, and the fact that what I'm saying can lead to some "mistaken assumption" matters not a whit. I'm not talking about what people think. Job was NOT being punished for his transgressions....just as most victims of rape are not being punished for their transgressions. I'm talking about those who are suffering the consequences of their own wrong behavior. Job shouldn't even be brought into this...no matter how much you want to worry about how it might appear to some.

Why on earth would you think my noting God and Christ and the moral problem here would smack of humanism? Because I've spent more time on that than I have on the cut and dried right/law examination. It would be the oddest form of humanism I've ever heard of...

Because it does smack of humanism. You don't get to decide what God would or would not allow as we reap what we sow. You don't get to set the parameters, and just saying God would never do thus and so is not based on any scripture that I've seen.

You keep trying to do that, project that I'm just declaring and it's still not true. I've argued and illustrated. If you can't credit that you're too blinkered to continue the conversation meaningfully.

Hey, that's what I accused you of first....your wording is just fancier than mine. You've done nothing but project your ideas onto me. What I've argued and illustrated are ignored....twisted to suit your own understanding.

No, it's nothing like that. It's like saying a house divided cannot stand. That's a paraphrase of scripture and an argument. It's like stating, plainly, that God does not condone evil, that he punishes it and that the thing under consideration, rape, is evil.

Which would be a fine example if it even came close to fitting. God isn't condoning rape when He allows it to be the consequences of what one has sown.

Rather, I make reasoned inferences. If I get one wrong it's easy enough to fix.

No, I've said we're responsible for out sin to God. I don't have any problem at all with pointing out the error in sinful behavior. I have a problem laying blame or responsibility for the act of one person on another. That's the line of demarcation.

I'm not doing that, so you shouldn't be having a problem. I'm not saying the woman is responsible for the act of rape. I'm saying she's responsible for her own behavior that resulted in her being raped. .

Judgement is the wages, death. Not rape. That's just an evil man working his will. It has nothing to do with God's justice.

Who are you to say that? That's humanistic thinking at it's most subtle.

We can. It doesn't follow that we always do. Sometimes a cheater gets a higher grade and skews the curve. Sometimes a bad man dies in a comfortable bed.

True, and just because there are exceptions to the rule does not mean the rule doesn't exist. It does exist and pretending that it doesn't is willful blindness.

No, glory, we don't deserve to be raped because we lie. In fact, if anyone rapes you for any reason it's not justice, which is why God never says to do that and why a rapist isn't treated well by the Bible.

Town, please show me where I said anyone deserves to be raped when they lie.

It's always wrong to rape. There is no question about that at all.

Would you please tell me why David would pray that God would give the workers of iniquity according to their deeds and after the work of their hands?

Psalm 28:3-4
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

And why would Paul ask that the Lord reward someone according to his works? Do you think they were asking this out of spite, or could it be that they understood the principle of sowing and reaping better than you seem to. This is not a damning to hell for bad behavior. It's a belief that sowing and reaping has a higher purpose than man may be able to comprehend or accept.

2 Timothy 4:14-15
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.​

If my daughter was a stripper and she would not listen to reason, I would be praying the Lord would do whatever it took to get her attention....even if it meant she came near to losing her life. Better that than continue on the path to destruction.

glorydaz

The obsession with the subject of 'rape' is due in over idolizing of the female body.

Prison rape, or homosexual rape, is rarely if ever discussed. There's a reason why this imaginary 'rape culture' is brought up, and the more it is, the more repulsive it becomes to those who are just simply sick of hearing it.

Rape is no more heinous a crime than adultery as far as I'm concerned. The emotional damage is the same, and the fact that there is no justice for adultery weighs in hard- it's not a crime, so a person can do nothing about it. In the Bible, it's adultery that is punishable by death, not rape. I wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with the first line of this post :rolleyes:

People can say otherwise, but I'm tired of treating this victim complex of women as being something other than what it is, or appealing to the emotional sensitivity to trauma by females as being as legitimate as the harsh trauma men potentially face.

When rape starts getting equated nearly to the same tier as murder, that's when a rational person should take notice to the delusion. And not just the delusion, but the agenda- it is in fact driven by one.

:e4e:

Yep.....I agree. There are so many things worse than rape. I don't have to have been raped to figure that out. A simple dose of common sense should do it, and would do it if "rape" had not become some kind of a little idol set upon it's own little altar before whom so many bow down. There, I said it and I feel wonderful. :chuckle:

ClimateSanity

God allows birth defects. God allows abortion. God allows torture, child molestation......what about God's nature in cases like that? I mean the horror of someone telling him he isn't a real man! If someones judgement of your manhood affects your own ideas about it, you are insecure.

The rapist isn't punishing anyone, but can be used by God just as Pharaoh was. God uses evil people all the time to punish sin.

I don't care what Job's friends thought, and the fact that what I'm saying can lead to some "mistaken assumption" matters not a whit. I'm not talking about what people think. Job was NOT being punished for his transgressions....just as most victims of rape are not being punished for their transgressions. I'm talking about those who are suffering the consequences of their own wrong behavior. Job shouldn't even be brought into this...no matter how much you want to worry about how it might appear to some.

Because it does smack of humanism. You don't get to decide what God would or would not allow as we reap what we sow. You don't get to set the parameters, and just saying God would never do thus and so is not based on any scripture that I've seen.

Hey, that's what I accused you of first....your wording is just fancier than mine. You've done nothing but project your ideas onto me. What I've argued and illustrated are ignored....twisted to suit your own understanding.

Which would be a fine example if it even came close to fitting. God isn't condoning rape when He allows it to be the consequences of what one has sown.

I'm not doing that, so you shouldn't be having a problem. I'm not saying the woman is responsible for the act of rape. I'm saying she's responsible for her own behavior that resulted in her being raped. .

Who are you to say that? That's humanistic thinking at it's most subtle.

True, and just because there are exceptions to the rule does not mean the rule doesn't exist. It does exist and pretending that it doesn't is willful blindness.

Town, please show me where I said anyone deserves to be raped when they lie.

It's always wrong to rape. There is no question about that at all.

Would you please tell me why David would pray that God would give the workers of iniquity according to their deeds and after the work of their hands?

Psalm 28:3-4
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

And why would Paul ask that the Lord reward someone according to his works? Do you think they were asking this out of spite, or could it be that they understood the principle of sowing and reaping better than you seem to. This is not a damning to hell for bad behavior. It's a belief that sowing and reaping has a higher purpose than man may be able to comprehend or accept.

2 Timothy 4:14-15
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.​

If my daughter was a stripper and she would not listen to reason, I would be praying the Lord would do whatever it took to get her attention....even if it meant she came near to losing her life. Better that than continue on the path to destruction.

He is smart enough to understand you and yet PC pressure keeps him twisting your words and putting words in your mouth. This proves lack of intelligence has nothing to do with the disconnect.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

God makes adjustments. I don't think He is ever 'fine' or 'not fine', but rather just 'is'.

Like eating meat for example- obviously, God wanted for us eating vegetables because in the state of Adam and Eve before the Fall, eating meat wasn't a thing. It didn't become permissible until after Noah's Flood.

If God weren't fine with it, He would have just rained manna like He did after the Exodus until crops came in.

With marriage, God intended for one spouse. But, polygamy became necessary to ensure the progression of early society.

When Christ came it was revealed that God prefers monogamy, but funny enough, the eating of meat is never brought up period.

Adultery was punishable by death, and because David was appointed to do God's will, it was his son who died as a result.

There's always a balance. Christ paid the price for our eternal security, but down here, reaping what you sow is still very much a reality. And without obedience in grace, penalty is still upon people.

The fact of the matter is that, if a wife is willing to submit as Paul teaches they should do, then it would be impossible for the husband to rape them.
A wife crying rape is in and of itself dubious, and a husband and wife becoming defendant and plaintiff is disturbing.

bybee

He is smart enough to understand you and yet PC pressure keeps him twisting your words and putting words in your mouth. This proves lack of intelligence has nothing to do with the disconnect.

Doe's Love figure in your belief system? "The love of God which passes all understanding" is merciful, kind and forgiving.
In health care we desire to care for all person's in need of attention.
An afflicted person needs all of the skill and nurture we can bring to bear on their behalf.
As a wife, when my husband was suffering from a faulty decision on his part, I helped him to work through it by focusing on his ability to make amends whilst reminding him of what a really strong and good person he was. He did the same for me. Our marriage would not have lasted for 52 years had we rubbed each other's noses in the dirt.
Have you considered that "evil happens" and whether a person deserves it or not is not the real issue for us. Rather, how does one handle misfortune? How does one react to it? Does one pick oneself up and seek healing?
You seem a rational person.

ClimateSanity

Doe's Love figure in your belief system? "The love of God which passes all understanding" is merciful, kind and forgiving.
In health care we desire to care for all person's in need of attention.
An afflicted person needs all of the skill and nurture we can bring to bear on their behalf.
As a wife, when my husband was suffering from a faulty decision on his part, I helped him to work through it by focusing on his ability to make amends whilst reminding him of what a really strong and good person he was. He did the same for me. Our marriage would not have lasted for 52 years had we rubbed each other's noses in the dirt.
Have you considered that "evil happens" and whether a person deserves it or not is not the real issue for us. Rather, how does one handle misfortune? How does one react to it? Does one pick oneself up and seek healing?
You seem a rational person.

Of course love fits in my belief system. Perhaps the better question is chastisement or punishment in your belief system? Obviously it is for rapists but it seems to be abominable for women who play the harlot to you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Your saying it doesn't make it so. There is a standard. Reap what you sow. Psalm 28:4

Heavens, no one desires a spanking, either, but they most often deserve one. When you use common sense, you don't need any "packaging".

Nothing dangerous at all. God intercedes in the affairs of unbelievers in order to draw them to Himself. There are many reasons God would allow bad things to come as a result of our bad behavior. Keeping us from even more evil is one of those things. I'm confident the Lord was working in my life long before I turned to Him for salvation.

Yeah, I'm more mercy and grace myself, but God is in the business of drawing and conforming us. Nothing is outside the boundaries of what God allows to come upon us. In fact, I go so far as to say that if God allows a stripper to be raped, it can be exactly what she needs to turn her from the path she was embarked on. It may very well cause her to turn to God for His mercy and grace....because it may make her see her guilt. Telling her she did nothing wrong is the exact opposite of telling her the truth....that she had done wrong, but God could forgive her.

I realize it's hard for man to fathom, but your saying so does not mean it's the truth. Women being raped was a punishment God allowed.

Wrong. I empathize more than you seem to think. I was headed down the road to destruction....not as a stripper, but close enough. Just because you don't hear what I'm saying, doesn't mean you should jump to such silly conclusions as you have done here. No offense intended. ;) It's like saying I can't see sinful behavior and call it what it is without condemning the person committing the act. I believe that I have more love and sympathy than those who only see the stripper as a VICTIM. She's a victim of her own iniquities that are killing her. Pretending like she's innocent is not doing her any favors.

Never? God can't use the evils of ungodly men to punish us? Is that what you're' saying? I think you're wrong about that. God allows a wide variety of horrible things to come upon wrong doers, and he uses ungodly men and their evil deeds all the time. Punishment takes on many forms. Hosea 9:14 Denying that seems a bit naïve to me. Zech. 14:2

Lamentations 5:11
They ravished the women in Zion, and the maids in the cities of Judah.​

thank you glory, i was pressed for time last night and couldn't put together one like that

i doubt it will make an impression on the putz

ok doser

Agreed. I'm actually quite surprised to see people claim rape is somehow a special act that God would never allow.

it's an artifact of the now-vanished patriarchal society that recognized that a woman's greatest and most honorable role came from bearing and raising children - motherhood

the feminists have swept that aside, but insist on clinging to the idea of the sanctity and inviolability of the female anatomy

which makes for the schizophrenic discussions we've been having here, where feminists like anna, rusha and bybee have to argue for a woman's right to be perverse and whorish, but insist on her purity and inviolability (and lack of blame)

it's been fascinating to watch it play out :)

ok doser

When that Jodi Foster character was coaxing the man to come toward her...beckoning him with her fingers and her eyes and her hips, she was working hard on getting him to want her for sexual purposes. That is the epitome of sin. There was nothing innocent about it. The fact that she became a rape victim doesn't erase her own guilt in the matter.

i would say that she deserved* what she got

*as defined by "earned by her actions"

bybee

Of course love fits in my belief system. Perhaps the better question is chastisement or punishment in your belief system? Obviously it is for rapists but it seems to be abominable for women who play the harlot to you.

Not at all! Sin is sin.
The whoremonger is as guilty as the whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.