Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Good to stop by and chat up a few of you.

Like I've said, there are two discussions, both with standards. No one has a right to rape anyone and so no one else can bear any of the responsibility for the action. No matter how you act, no one has a right to rape you. No one has a right to murder you and no one bears the responsibility for the act but the actor.

It's arguable, but I wasn't addressing it as a moral judgment. His rights are still his own and no one is entitled to murder him because he's an idiot.

I'd agree it was similar in that both were following their conviction and increasing the chance for a negative outcome.

Then I'd say you're just wrong. There's no legal justification and God won't command anyone to do evil, which rape most assuredly is.

There's no qualifcation. You either are or you aren't. You are, both morally and legally. The only responsibility that attaches at law is for willfully furthering a criminal activity. Not for being stupid or indifferent to your own safety. Morally, everyone who gets what they deserve gets something horrible, so thank God for grace.

Separate issue and standard. If a woman on a poll is acting to drive men to lust in exchange for money then she is responsible for the sin of it, but that sin doesn't justify rape and she isn't responsible for the person who attempts it. Her responsibility, morally, is between her and God. Legally she has no responsibility at all, provided her actions are sanctioned wherever she's working.

If you walk around shouting the N word in Compton someone is probably going to do something to you at some point that you won't like. Are you behaving irresponsibly? Of course you are. Does that irresponsibility increase the likelihood of an unfortunate outcome? Of course. Are you then responsible for that outcome? You are not.

Doesn't work as a matter of law and runs into grace and my above else.

Just deserts aren't evil and don't serve it.

I think the word and the subjective nature of it invites contention. I think that was almost entirely the point.

nobody gives a crap about what the law says

glorydaz

No matter how you act, no one has a right to rape you.

True, they have no right to rape you, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve whatever you get (including rape) if you have played the harlot.

no one is entitled to murder him because he's an idiot.

True, no one is entitled to murder him, but being an idiot isn't immoral behavior, so that's outside this discussion.

I'd agree it was similar in that both were following their conviction and increasing the chance for a negative outcome.

Right, so just increasing the chance for a negative outcome isn't enough to put it in this discussion.

Then I'd say you're just wrong. There's no legal justification and God won't command anyone to do evil, which rape most assuredly is.

Ah, here we get to the meat of the discussion. God does not command anyone to do evil, correct, but He most certainly does allow evil to come upon us by way of the ungodly in order for us to be punished for our actions.

There's no qualifcation. You either are or you aren't. You are, both morally and legally.

Morality and legality are often far apart. It's legal to have an abortion, for instance. Suffering consequences for that behavior can be future infertility....which would be deserved....just deserts. Pleasant? No. But, true, nonetheless.

Morally, everyone who gets what they deserve gets something horrible, so thank God for grace.

Actually, we are not the ones who are the deciders of how much or how little we deserve. This I do know. If I had stripped at a frat party and ended up being raped, I would freely admit I got what I deserved. To deny that would be lying and failing to take responsibility for my lewd behavior.

The rest of your post is pretty much saying the same thing and my response would be as above. Nothing justifies rape, but being raped does not suddenly make strippers into innocent victims....the law of man and the law of God are not in agreement on this one. Which is why we see such disagreement on this issue. We're looking at this issue from different perspectives.

Have to go. Just got a call from mom that dad's in the hospital.

Sorry to hear that, Town. You and your family will be in my prayers.

glorydaz

No, it is no excuse.

Some say deserve and responsible are two sides of the dime, or even synonymous. I'm not willing to go that far because 'deserve' (to me) requires some degree of pronouncing judgment that I'm usually not in any position to make. But pointing out someone's stupid choices leading to bad results requires no judgement--just common sense and the honesty to call it what it is. Even so, stupidity is no excuse. If the story is true, that girl put herself, and kept herself, in an insanely dangerous situation. Because I think she is stupid doesn't mean I have pity for her. I don't. She's a whore who bought a really stupid ticket and took a really stupid ride.

True.

But brother....you are in such a position to judge. You can say with complete certainty that stripping is wrong and deserving of punishment. When a stripper gets raped, you can recognize that rape is a consequence of that bad behavior. If it isn't politically correct to call it like it is, that's just too bad.

It isn't politically correct to say a lot of things....should we shut up and be afraid to speak because we make a lot of people angry and indignant? If it's wrong....say it. If you see something ....say something. :)

1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

ok doser

people imagine that i'm proposing to form raping squads to send out slut-hunting :nono:

and all of this started over this, which almost nobody (including anna and rusha) are willing to address:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

ClimateSanity

Responsible in what way and to whom? Seems like a separate, moral argument. We're responsible to God for our sin, absent grace. Has nothing to do with what I'm speaking to, which is rape and the fact that no one is entitled to commit it, so no one can merit it, in any form or fashion.

Someone may use poor judgment and increase the likelihood of their being a victim of another person, but the responsibility for the immoral act of rape remains singularly with the violator.

Once you start addressing increasing the probability of a thing or decreasing the chance you get into the same sort of argument and problem as you do with charity. Who decides the degree and to what end?

Acting like a slut increases the likelihood of rape several times. Only the person has the choice of being a slut or not. She should take responsibility for being a slut by acknowledging she made it much easier for a rape to happen.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acting like a slut increases the likelihood of rape several times. Only the person has the choice of being a slut or not. She should take responsibility for being a slut by acknowledging she made it much easier for a rape to happen.
Actually you are wrong. Statistics on rape say otherwise. You are just spouting off nonsense because you want your world view to be accepted. Most rapes are committed by relatives. The next highest category is those committed by persons known to the one who was raped. Women who work as strippers are seldom raped.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But brother....you are in such a position to judge. You can say with complete certainty that stripping is wrong and deserving of punishment. When a stripper gets raped, you can recognize that rape is a consequence of that bad behavior. If it isn't politically correct to call it like it is, that's just too bad.

It isn't politically correct to say a lot of things....should we shut up and be afraid to speak because we make a lot of people angry and indignant? If it's wrong....say it. If you see something ....say something. :)

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

So strippers deserve to be punished and rape is earned by stripping ? Insane

genuineoriginal

Actually you are wrong. Statistics on rape say otherwise. You are just spouting off nonsense because you want your world view to be accepted. Most rapes are committed by relatives. The next highest category is those committed by persons known to the one who was raped. Women who work as strippers are seldom raped.

The incidents of rape in the United States have risen with the increase in immoral behavior in the society.

The women that are raped have seldom acted in a manner that could be used to justify rape as some kind of divine retribution for their behavior.

However, divine retribution does not act at the individual level except in some extremely rare instances.

Typically divine retribution acts at a regional level.

So, an argument could be made that the increase in rape that is occurring in the United States is deserved by the United States due to its promotion of immorality, regardless of whether the individual victims of the rapes have done anything to provoke it.

glorydaz

So strippers deserve to be punished and rape is earned by stripping ? Insane

I didn't for one moment suggest that YOU were spiritual and knew the difference between right and wrong. :popcorn:

glorydaz

people imagine that i'm proposing to form raping squads to send out slut-hunting :nono:

There is no end to the imaginings that have been going on over this topic. It's a matter of recognizing what behavior is wrong, and understanding that certain behaviors have unintended consequences. One's personal feelings should have nothing to do with a rational discussion. Clearly, no one approves of rape. Sadly, many seem to approve of stripping.

ok doser

What does a rapist act like?

someone deserving of execution

It would be interesting to hear a description of these poor, misunderstood but well-meaning rapists.

well, it's gonna have to come from you 'cause nobody else is saying that

tell us rusha - why do you think that rapists are "misunderstood but well-meaning"?

glorydaz

Insane. That is a good word to describe the notion that anyone deserves to be raped ...

The magic word. :think:

NOBODY deserves to suffer in any way shape or form when they do something wrong.

The rapist doesn't deserve to get caught or jailed, either. His parents did him wrong, and that's why he raped the stripper. Hang the parents and ....oops, can't hang the parents because their parents....oops, because of Adam and Eve we all have an excuse to do whatever we want to do. It's not our fault....the devil made me do it. Blame him. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.