Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgood

A miscarrying womb and dry breasts sounds pretty evil to me too.

What would be evil is a woman being raped who never has had a child and having to have a hysterectomy because of it and never been able to produce a child.

I have a very close friend that had a miscarriage and has produced two beautiful children after that miscarriage and she has not once said to me 'that was evil'. She always says like David, 'my child cannot come back to me but I will go to my child.'

Imagine someone giving a woman a pill that would do just that.

Isn't it called 'morning after' pill?

Imagine her going to court over it. I think a judge would be quick to call it an evil act.

No, the judge would be quick to throw the case out of the courtroom because, at least as far as I know, the 'morning after' pill is not illegal.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
God allows birth defects. God allows abortion. God allows torture, child molestation......what about God's nature in cases like that?
The you've reduced allows to a general state of the world and given we all experience that state why use the term at all? It must signify something. I'd say God allowed sin because sin comes with our imperfection and will. No way around it really. The moment we were made the cross was inevitable. Doesn't mean God desires our suffering, only that he values our existence more.

I don't care what Job's friends thought, and the fact that what I'm saying can lead to some "mistaken assumption" matters not a whit.
You should and it does. I've set out why. I'll touch on it again in a moment.

I'm not talking about what people think.
You're talking about what you think. You're a person. I'm talking about the sort of error they made and I think it dovetails nicely into your assertion about God using the unjust to punish. It invites us to judge as Job's friends did. It invites error and serves no real purpose else.

Job was NOT being punished for his transgressions.
Exactly.

...just as most victims of rape are not being punished for their transgressions.
No victim of rape is being punished for their transgressions when they're raped. That's not how God works. Christ said it. I believe it. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Evil will not do good and good will not do evil.

I'm talking about those who are suffering the consequences of their own wrong behavior. Job shouldn't even be brought into this...no matter how much you want to worry about how it might appear to some.
Job is appropriate for the reasons given above and prior.

Because it does smack of humanism.
Then set out how, in particular. Anyone can slap a word on something. Point out the humanism in it. Don't tell me is feels or smacks or seems. If it's reasonable and true you should sustain it in particulars. If you find you can't then you'll know you're mistaken on the point (hopefully happily).

You don't get to decide what God would or would not allow as we reap what we sow.
But you get to judge who is raped for their transgressions? Else, where did I do that again? I'm advising against approaching suffering in that fashion at all.

You don't get to set the parameters, and just saying God would never do thus and so is not based on any scripture that I've seen.
You'll have to point out, particularly, where you think I've done that because that's not my methodology. I prefer to examine, conclude and illustrate and if I've left out support I'll happily set it right. What parameters have I set and where? Let's look at it together.

Hey, that's what I accused you of first....your wording is just fancier than mine. You've done nothing but project your ideas onto me. What I've argued and illustrated are ignored....twisted to suit your own understanding.
That's a silly thing to say. I'm not invested in twisting anything other than a nose or two when warranted. And I'm not accusing you, only noting that what you said there was contrary to any reasonable reading of me. I'd be happy to go back and quote me answering you with a good deal more than declaration on any point you like. But, again, you'll have to make a particular criticism with particular support for me to answer it.

Which would be a fine example if it even came close to fitting. God isn't condoning rape when He allows it to be the consequences of what one has sown.
It fits like a glove. The discussion here is about rape. I'm noting what Christ said and what that says about how God views it, what it is and what it can never be seen as, supra.

I'm not doing that, so you shouldn't be having a problem. I'm not saying the woman is responsible for the act of rape. I'm saying she's responsible for her own behavior that resulted in her being raped. .
I'm answering that "resulted" is wrong-headed. A woman lives alone. She goes to work in a department store and comes home every evening. Someone watches her, notes her pattern and her solitary life and uses that knowledge to rape her. You might find her life more appropriate, but someone else could easily say that were she married or living at home it wouldn't have happened. Her own selfish insistence on a life apart "resulted" in her rape.

And they'd be just as wrong as you are, only more obviously so.

Who are you to say that?
A man capable of reason and reflection on God's word. Who are you to say otherwise? See how easy that sort of thing is?

That's humanistic thinking at it's most subtle.
No, it isn't. It's rational, which humanism tends to be, but faith is no enemy of reason else we'd never have exegesis of any sort. We'd simply recite without wonder.

True, and just because there are exceptions to the rule does not mean the rule doesn't exist. It does exist and pretending that it doesn't is willful blindness.
Rules are established, not assumed.

Town, please show me where I said anyone deserves to be raped when they lie.
Look, you have to understand conventions or we're going to be doing this in crayon and pictograph. A lie was used as an immoral act. I'll flesh it out more. She lied to her mother about money that went missing (she took it, five dollars). Now, there's an immoral act. Someone rapes her. Justice done. Of course not, which is why I explained with, "In fact, if anyone rapes you for any reason it's not justice, which is why God never says to do that and why a rapist isn't treated well by the Bible."

It's always wrong to rape. There is no question about that at all.
Couldn't agree more.

Would you please tell me why David would pray that God would give the workers of iniquity according to their deeds and after the work of their hands?
Would you please explain to me how many a rich and evil ruler died in his sleep? I'll go first. David prayed for the thing he wanted. David isn't perfect. Not even close.

And why would Paul ask that the Lord reward someone according to his works?
Why would he ask that and then tell us that nothing we do merits the only reward that matters? Probably because there's salvation and then there's everything else and the everything else still matters in our day to day and Paul recognizes that too.

Do you think they were asking this out of spite, or could it be that they understood the principle of sowing and reaping better than you seem to.
Supra. Else, people are complicated. I can't read their hearts. But I know you're moving a principle that is broadly true into an area that more closely resembles karma and that's mistaken.

2 Timothy 4:14-15
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.​
You could as easily have noted the bears and the prophet narrative. I've never suggested that God doesn't intervene in our affairs. I'm simply resisting a thought that suffering is always that and if, as you appear to earlier, you note that suffering isn't always that it's dangerous for us to suppose when it is...and pointless.

If my daughter was a stripper and she would not listen to reason, I would be praying the Lord would do whatever it took to get her attention....even if it meant she came near to losing her life. Better that than continue on the path to destruction.
I like leaving it to God without the speculation as to how. But I know one thing, the how won't involve God causing or condoning an evil.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... the how won't involve God causing or condoning an evil.

and you get to define rape as an evil, but not the mauling of children by wild bears, or the raining down of burning sulfur on living humans - men, women and children

very convenient

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and you get to define rape as an evil, but not the mauling of children by wild bears, or the raining down of burning sulfur on living humans - men, women and children

very convenient
The young men mocking and threatening a prophet of God were already subject to judgment. They did evil. The rest was God's judgment in execution. All killing isn't murder. God will never murder or condone murder. Murder is inherently evil, as is rape.

Now stop wasting my time with lazy thinking.

ok doser

David prayed for the thing he wanted. David isn't perfect. Not even close.

:think:

psalm 28, as re-written by the more perfect Town Heretic:

Town said:
Psalm 28 Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. you give grace to, even though they reject you and do evil works

2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.

3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. those you give grace to, even though they reject you and do evil works

4 Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.grace , even though they reject you and do evil works

5 Because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up. give grace to them, even though they reject you and do evil works

6 Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

8 The Lord is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed and all those who reject him and do evil works

9 Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and stripping and acting the whore isn't doing evil?
You're leaving out the most important part: God judged and executed His judgment. And it wasn't murder. Rape is a sin. God doesn't advance sin for the reasons given.

I don't even need Deuteronomy to make the point because the only sinless sexual congress is in the marriage bed. Anything else is an evil, serving evil and God's house is undivided.

ok doser

You're leaving out the most important part: God judged and executed His judgment. And it wasn't murder.

right, because God sent his agents to execute His will

if they had acted contrary to His will, it would have been murder

Rape is a sin.

when man engages in it contrary to God's will

just like killing

God doesn't advance sin for the reasons given.

He "advances" killing, which is a sin for man

ClimateSanity

What would be evil is a woman being raped who never has had a child and having to have a hysterectomy because of it and never been able to produce a child.

I have a very close friend that had a miscarriage and has produced two beautiful children after that miscarriage and she has not once said to me 'that was evil'. She always says like David, 'my child cannot come back to me but I will go to my child.'

Isn't it called 'morning after' pill?

No, the judge would be quick to throw the case out of the courtroom because, at least as far as I know, the 'morning after' pill is not illegal.

Goes to show you that are society calls good evil and calls evil good. Surely you deem the morning after pill to be evil?

ClimateSanity

right, because God sent his agents to execute His will

if they had acted contrary to His will, it would have been murder

when man engages in it contrary to God's will

just like killing

He "advances" killing, which is a sin for man

Be careful. He will have a logic overdose soon. His brain may fry.

ok doser

No victim of rape is being punished for their transgressions when they're raped.

perhaps this is where the disconnect lies

when men kill unjustly, town calls it "murder" and a sin

when God kills, town calls it not "murder" and just

when men sexually assault women, town calls it "rape" and a sin

perhaps we need to use a different term for what happens to a woman who has earned by her sinful actions the consequence of being sexually assaulted

ok, new definition to accommodate the pedantic girlyman

when a woman engages in sinful behavior and reaps the consequences of that behavior, we shall no longer call it "rape"

henceforth, we shall call it "being ravished"

somebody notify tardlyartie - women deserve to "be ravished"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

perhaps we need to use a different term for what happens to a woman who has earned by her sinful actions the consequence of being sexually assaulted

ok, new definition to accommodate the pedantic girlyman

when a woman engages in sinful behavior and reaps the consequences of that behavior, we shall no longer call it "rape"

henceforth, we shall call it "being ravished"

somebody notify tardlyartie - women deserve to "be ravished"

rav·ish
ˈraviSH/Submit
verb
past tense: ravished; past participle: ravished
archaic
seize and carry off (someone) by force.
synonyms: seize, snatch, carry off/away, steal, abduct
"her child was ravished from her breast"
literary
fill (someone) with intense delight; enrapture.
"ravished by a sunny afternoon, she had agreed without even thinking"
synonyms: enrapture, enchant, delight, charm, entrance, enthrall, captivate
"you will be ravished by this wine"

Nah, not close to deserved and women don't deserve it !

ok doser

rav·ish
ˈraviSH/Submit
verb
past tense: ravished; past participle: ravished
archaic
seize and carry off (someone) by force.
synonyms: seize, snatch, carry off/away, steal, abduct
"her child was ravished from her breast"
literary
fill (someone) with intense delight; enrapture.
"ravished by a sunny afternoon, she had agreed without even thinking"
synonyms: enrapture, enchant, delight, charm, entrance, enthrall, captivate
"you will be ravished by this wine"

Nah, not close to deserved and women don't deserve it !

in the biblical sense of "seize and carry off (someone) by force", i don't believe they were made to cook and clean

anyhoo, that's the best i could come up with at the moment - working on some end of the semester work at the moment

come up with a better term to assuage the sensitivities of the girlyman if you can :idunno:

Last edited:

ok doser

btw glory - you'll notice that the parsing gets more fragmented and language more obtuse when he's arguing out of his :shut: ... hat

it's one of his more obvious tells

i predict that he will soon chastise you for "block quoting" :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
in the biblical sense of "seize and carry off (someone) by force", i don't believe they were made to cook and clean

anyhoo, that's the best i could come up with at the moment - working on some end of the semester work at the moment

come ui with a better term to assuage the sensitivities of the girlyman if you can :idunno:

I like the word ravish.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, you're just not thinking it through well or you know better but this is what you're really about. Either way it's not going anywhere.

Rather, God does. Do you disagree? If not, the qualification and your approach is disingenuous and your complaint withers on the vine.

Do you disagree that when God executes His judgement it is just and not murder? If not, the qualification and your approach is disingenuous and your complaint withers on the vine.

God does. Only a man married to a woman can have relations with that woman without it becoming sin. Do you disagree? If not, the qualification and your approach is disingenuous and your complaint withers on the vine.

So, if all sex outside of marriage is a sin, then every sexual act outside of marriage, which would include most rape, prima facie, is immoral. I'm not arguing against the concept of rape within a marriage, but noting the inarguable point about sex in any form outside of it.

God has said evil will not do good and good will not do evil. I've paraphrased Christ on the point (see: a house divided against itself).

And that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.