Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
God forbids a lot of things, but that doesn't stop those things from happening.
Right. The Ten Commandments aren't descriptions of how humans behave, but about how God wants us to.

They are consequences that are DESERVED because of bad behavior. I don't know how much clearer it can be. It's everywhere in the Bible
"They" are? See what I mean? A really bad idea to make as a point if you're going to be this consistently sloppy. Else, no one has said that there aren't consequences for our actions or that some consequences wouldn't constitute just deserts. We're talking about a particular here, rape, and that's no more deserved by a stripper than her murder would be.

Rape isn't deserved. That our actions can have consequence doesn't justify or raise to virtue ever consequence that occurs as a result of them. A five year old boy finds his father's gun. He knows he isn't supposed to play with it. He does anyway and inadvertently blows his own head off. That's a consequence. Deserved? No. It's tragic and out of proportion, as punishments go, with the offense.

So once you understand that you understand there are consequences in this world, good and bad, that are wildly disproportionate to the act and that laying that at God's feet would be mistaken. Then we move to Job's friends and the illustration that making that call is mostly above our pay grade.

Prov. 11:5-6 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
Happens all the time, in this world or the next.

Prov. 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.
Of course. If you look for trouble you're going to find it. Doesn't move the point on rape. It also doesn't mean the rain will fall on you regardless of the nature of your heart. And likewise trouble, absent active intervention by God.

Prov. 11:31 Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.[/INDENT]
Right, the righteous and the wicked suffer in this life, but the wicked will also suffer in the next, will suffer more.

You are DICTATING to God what He can or cannot allow.
No, I'm not. You're just attempting to dictate that as the truth. It isn't true though. It wasn't when you called me a humanist, or a fool and it isn't now.

And you have no scripture to back it up. NONE.
I don't have scripture to back a thing I'm not doing? :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Post # 1978 Go back and look.
I don't have to. You know you're making a dishonest complaint because you've already noted the root of it, my typo that didn't work the quotation machinery. That's not adding to what you wrote.

Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
Leave it to man to declare what would be impossible for God. [/qtuoe]
Recognize. It's not rocket science. If it was we could just ask rocketman.

See, anyone who can read will look at that and understand, as you did, what the error was and where your words are separate from mine.

To try to fashion that into adding or altering your words is just, well, dishonest.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't have to. You know you're making a dishonest complaint because you've already noted the root of it, my typo that didn't work the quotation machinery. That's not adding to what you wrote.

See, anyone who can read will look at that and understand, as you did, what the error was and where your words are separate from mine.

To try to fashion that into adding or altering your words is just, well, dishonest.

Mountains out of mole hills ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mountains out of mole hills ?
Worse, she can't get out of her own way. First she makes a big deal over my failure on the close quote and then she pretends I'm adding words/altering what she clearly understands is nothing more than a faulty line of demarcation, a keystroke leading to a cosmetic error that still shouldn't confuse anyone who's actually reading the thing...whoever that poor soul might be.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Don't be obtuse.

She's thinking about the money. and the drugs and deviant rape sex

"You" insistence? See how easily that sort of thing happens? Anyway, nothing anyone says makes the truth. Rather, my argument and God's nature make the case, your blind eye and deaf ear nothwithstanding.

genius

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ah, and you think Jesus calling someone a fool, which He did....and as did Paul, means they were in danger of hell fire? You really should understand what Jesus meant when He spoke those words in Matthew before you toss them about like you do there.
I don't confuse you with Christ or Paul. Likewise, your usage.

glorydaz

That wasn't what I said and it isn't the joke, but thanks for making it funnier.

Awesome timing. I see a lecture coming, so I'll offer you this as a bit of a rebuke for your hypocrisy. Just be matter of fact, tell it like it is, don't try so hard to impress or be puffed up. You look silly laughing while trying to cover up your mistake. Just admit it ....like I did about saying Jacob never saw Joseph again.

1 Cor. 13:4-7
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.​

I'd hope so. Any Christian should. And no Christian should ever declare a brother in Christ as a Christ denier...bearing false witness, like calling that brother a fool, is dangerous business.

Lots of people claim to be my brother in Christ. I'm not gullible enough to believe them all. I'm more apt to see how their understanding of the word of God comports with what is written.

Since believers are not under the law for righteousness, it most certainly is not dangerous to address someone as a fool. No matter their claim. When someone is being a fool, I'll be more than happy to tell them. It's really for their own good. :)

Being lectured on humility by you is like being lectured on fidelity by Judas.

I hardly think I can trust your judgment. So far, you sound more like one who trusts in his natural human understanding instead of any spiritual understanding. Perhaps, you'll improve as you put off the pride you've been manifesting thus far.

glorydaz

"They" are? See what I mean? A really bad idea to make as a point if you're going to be this consistently sloppy. Else, no one has said that there aren't consequences for our actions or that some consequences wouldn't constitute just deserts. We're talking about a particular here, rape, and that's no more deserved by a stripper than her murder would be.

Rape isn't deserved. That our actions can have consequence doesn't justify or raise to virtue ever consequence that occurs as a result of them. A five year old boy finds his father's gun. He knows he isn't supposed to play with it. He does anyway and inadvertently blows his own head off. That's a consequence. Deserved? No. It's tragic and out of proportion, as punishments go, with the offense.

A five year old boy is not a stripper.
Of course he doesn't deserve to die.

You run your same old movie claiming you know what a stripper does not deserve as if you were God, and then lay this lame example on me like you've actually said something? Let me assure you, you haven't.

I will now look at the rest of your post and see if you can redeem yourself.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A five year old boy is not a stripper.
An ostrich isn't an elephant either, but the point wasn't found there.

Of course he doesn't deserve to die.
Right. The consequence of his actions is grossly disproportionate with the act. He isn't being punished.

You run your same old movie claiming you know what a stripper does not deserve as if you were God,
I don't. Rather, no one, no one can deserve to be raped. It's not about knowing the stripper or even that she's a stripper.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Awesome timing. I see a lecture coming, so I'll offer you this as a bit of a rebuke for your hypocrisy. Just be matter of fact, tell it like it is, don't try so hard to impress or be puffed up. You look silly laughing while trying to cover up your mistake. Just admit it ....like I did about saying Jacob never saw Joseph again.
Actually, after LoneStar literally set out your error on the heels of my suggesting you had it wrong you did what you had no choice to do, but even then your approach was, in essence, "Oh, I knew thought of that as I went to bed." But you didn't correct it until after the truth was inarguably set out. That's not really owning much, is it.

You can declare hypocrisy, or that the moon is a cool sun, but that doesn't establish the truth of it. And I said you made it funnier by still not appearing to get the joke. You could just own up to it. I'd explain it to you.

1 Cor. 13:4-7
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.​
Are you chastising yourself or just underscoring that you don't love me? :think: I got that already.

Lots of people claim to be my brother in Christ.
I'm sure there's a real rush on.

I'm not gullible enough to believe them all. I'm more apt to see how their understanding of the word of God comports with what is written.
Now you're in full blown troll mode. I was wondering when you'd start to commit to the process that ends in, "Find Christ, town" or the like.

Since believers are not under the law for righteousness, it most certainly is not dangerous to address someone as a fool. No matter their claim. When someone is being a fool, I'll be more than happy to tell them. It's really for their own good. :)
Yeah, your concern really comes through.

I hardly think I can trust your judgment. So far, you sound more like one who trusts in his natural human understanding instead of any spiritual understanding. Perhaps, you'll improve as you put off the pride you've been manifesting thus far.
Oh so that's how you ultimately deal with the "fancy words" bit that bothers you. You call rationality suspect and consider your superior part a manifestation of spiritual understanding. That's not exactly what I think you're full of...but I won't question your faith, only how you use it.

On that note feel free to continue to bang your drum. I've seen enough of your circus. So go to. And if you want a confession it's this: they were right about you and I was wrong. I've rarely been as sorry to admit it and publicly, but there it is. God help you.

Last edited:

glorydaz

So once you understand that you understand there are consequences in this world, good and bad, that are wildly disproportionate to the act and that laying that at God's feet would be mistaken. Then we move to Job's friends and the illustration that making that call is mostly above our pay grade.

Good grief. It's not being laid at God's feet. It's being laid at the feet of the one who did the sowing. People reap what they, themselves, have sown. Who in their right mind would blame God for allowing people to reap what they, themselves, have sown. :doh:

Happens all the time, in this world or the next.

Of course in this life.....everything but that magic act of rape, apparently.

And in the next? No, not for those who are IN CHRIST.

Of course. If you look for trouble you're going to find it. Doesn't move the point on rape.

Of course not, because RAPE is so special. It stands alone.

So says the women's lib movement, and so many humanists have decided.

Right, the righteous and the wicked suffer in this life, but the wicked will also suffer in the next, will suffer more.

Well, we're talking about in this life. God has many purposes for all suffering, and the suffering He allows is completely in HIS hands....WHATEVER that may be.

Man cannot dictate what God will or will not...can or cannot do. God is righteous no matter what He does. God's ways are not man's ways. All things are possible with God.
I don't have scripture to back a thing I'm not doing? :plain:

No, you haven't so far. You have to show something that supports what you've claimed. Just that Job's friends were wrong about Job isn't going to cut it. Neither is saying when Jesus was talking "a house divided" it had anything to do with God not allowing women to be raped.

glorydaz

An ostrich isn't an elephant either, but the point wasn't found there.

You're darn tootin' the point wasn't found there. There was no point in your story about the 5 year old boy at all.

Right. The consequence of his actions is grossly disproportionate with the act. He isn't being punished.

Good grief. Are you so desperate that you're thinking you are making some point? Or are you just hoping I'll get distracted....by you suggesting some little 5 year old boy is reaping what he's sown or some such nonsense? The little boy is too young to sow or reap. :doh:

I don't. Rather, no one, no one can deserve to be raped. It's not about knowing the stripper or even that she's a stripper.

Wrong. God knows that stripper and you don't. He's sent people to her before. He sees how she's breaking her mother's heart. Her mother has been praying day and night that God will do something to cause her to remember how she was raised. That God will do WHATEVER it takes to make her stop and think. "Just spare her life, Father God. That's all I ask." Psalm 28:4 "Give them according to their deeds, And according to the wickedness of their endeavors; Give them according to the work of their hands; Render to them what they deserve."

So God, in His infinite wisdom, looks into the stripper's heart and sees that she needs to meet up with evil....evil that will cause her to see where she is headed. Yes, that stripper is about to be rewarded for her immoral behavior. She not only deserves what God is about to allow, but she will end up admitting that she deserved what she got.

But not you, Town, and those who feel sorry for that stripper...insisting she doesn't deserve to be raped. Always some human around thinking they know better than God. :nono:

glorydaz

She's toxic. I hope all of you walk away from her poison, you'll be better off.

Honestly, if someone hated Christianity, they couldn't have done better than to set out sod and glorydaz as representatives.

Ha...this coming from one who doesn't know Christianity when she sees it. You're so used to fake Christians, anna, that you're shocked when you hear that strippers are doing something WRONG. Oh dear....run and hide.

glorydaz

Actually, after I LoneStar literally set out your error on the heels of my suggesting you had it wrong you did what you had no choice to do, but even then your approach was, in essence, "Oh, I knew thought of that as I went to bed." But you didn't correct it until after the truth was inarguably set out. That's not really owning much, is it.

Now you're in full blown troll mode. I was wondering when you'd start to commit to the process that ends in, "Find Christ, town" or the like.

That's not exactly what I think you're full of...but I won't question your faith, only how you use it.

On that note feel free to continue to bang your drum. I've seen enough of your circus. So go to. And if you want a confession it's this: they were right about you and I was wrong. I've rarely been as sorry to admit it and publicly, but there it is. God help you.

Hypocrite....you won't question my faith. :chuckle:

Yeah, I saw LoneStar's post first. It was in the "view last post" slot. I know you'd like to think you told me so first, but you didn't. I responded to him with the TRUTH. I had thought about it and that's when I realized Jacob had to spend his entire life mourning for what he thought was a dead son. Your "no evil came from it" comment made me ill. Then I read the rest of your garbage and it was filled with gloating over your "fancy words" and your whining over being called a humanist.

I already told Res he was right about you all along. Your righteous indignation is noted. Of course after scolding me about Joseph seeing his father again before he died, I notice you forgot the little fact that you claimed NO EVIL CAME FROM what the brothers did. Not one peep from you on that one. You're simply a joke, Town. And it's good to know. :wave:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
When a woman is raped then no she does not like it. This might come as a shock to you but women don't enjoy being raped.

you'd think they'd try to avoid being put in a position where it might be more likely then, wouldn't you?

Women don't have to put themselves in a position where it might be more likely to be raped.

no, they don't have to

and if they don't then the "deservedness" of the rape doesn't apply

bybee

Hypocrite....you won't question my faith. :chuckle:

Yeah, I saw LoneStar's post first. It was in the "view last post" slot. I know you'd like to think you told me so first, but you didn't. I responded to him with the TRUTH. I had thought about it and that's when I realized Jacob had to spend his entire life mourning for what he thought was a dead son. Your "no evil came from it" comment made me ill. Then I read the rest of your garbage and it was filled with gloating over your "fancy words" and your whining over being called a humanist.

I already told Res he was right about you all along. Your righteous indignation is noted. Of course after scolding me about Joseph seeing his father again before he died, I notice you forgot the little fact that you claimed NO EVIL CAME FROM what the brothers did. Not one peep from you on that one. You're simply a joke, Town. And it's good to know. :wave:

You are one of the worst examples of a Christian that has ever been my misfortune to view!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town slips and makes a point that's not masked in opacity:
The consequence of his actions is grossly disproportionate with the act.

so you're looking for reasonable proportionality between the actions of the victim and the consequences that might accrue from those actions?

stripping:rape

1:1

happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.