Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Wait, wait. Time out. There were infants in Sodom. Did they deserve to die or not?

If yes, the almighty's cool with incinerating toddlers and babies whose only sin was being born into a city of depravity. Well, gee. If a baby's born in New Orleans or Frisco, and either city got nuked off the map, would those innocents "deserve" to die or not?

And if they DID NOT deserve to die, your deity's willing and fully capable of killing infants with no guile whatsoever, merely because...well, because collateral damage is inevitable.

I was referring to the situation of abortion in the United States. See, Christians almost always view abortion as willful sin and rebellion--which it may be, to a certain extent--but almost never wonder if it's actually a judgment of some kind.
I think it may be time for a little blast from the past!

Originally posted by smothers

Which is worse, God killing 99.999999% of the creatures in the flood or abortionists aborting perhaps hundreds of pre-born a day?

Apples and oranges: one is judgment and the other is perversion.

granite

So God was judging the fetuses in the mother's womb? What did they do to incur God's wrath?

What's your point, anyway?

granite

My point is that God is far more evil than the abortionists many Christians picket.

Uh-huh. Righteously judging a planet choked with wickedness and deliberately murdering the unborn aren't exactly the same thing, chief. While you're at it why don't you picket the almighty for the Holocaust, Mao's great leap forward, the Stalinistic purges. Try again.

granite

quote:
deliberately murdering the unborn

isn't that what God did, deliberately kill unborn?

Look, you want to debate the virtues and evils of God, knock yourself out. That belongs in an entirely different forum than dispensationalism, for one thing. And for another you're justifying yourself by claiming God's "wickedness" in the flood.

Harping on the injustices of God is as old as man and fundamentally immature. To say that abortionists and God act within the same parameters and can justify their actions equally is a complete non-sequitar.

granite

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's another good one!

The idea that we must hold God accountable to a human standard is by itself irrational: it implies an equal playing field between created and creator.

granite

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
When a finite mind clashes with an Infinite Mind, there's bound to be misunderstanding, ignorance, assumptions.

Luckily there's love and forgiveness on one side.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If Condi wants to kill babies, is it okay that the babies are in the womb, in the World Trade Center, or in Iraq? I guess it's her choice....

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aikido7

If Condi wants to kill babies, is it okay that the babies are in the womb, in the World Trade Center, or in Iraq? I guess it's her choice....
Are you claiming Condi had somthing to do whith the 911 attack?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Happier for acusing God of evil! What else are you trying to sell?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by deardelmar

I'm happy to be out of the nuthouse of Christendom, delmar. I've never tried to "sell" anything. Maybe a mind susceptible to being taken for a ride would assume I'm pushing something...:think:

I'm far and away from the psycho circus. You people want to worship a deity who doesn't mind a few butchered infants here or there, be my guest. Free country. Just don't push this gore fest on me and tell me this supposedly merciful, caring sky psychopath really, really loves me.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You were right before! BTW It's not Gods fault that "Christians" messed you over.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by deardelmar

You were right before! BTW It's not Gods fault that "Christians" messed you over.

No, I was wrong, twisted, misguided, and misled.

Interesting that the rotten things that happen in the world are never, ever, God's fault. Makes ya wonder if he's just a Santa Claus dispensing good and never taking accountability for the bad.

Pretty nice racket.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No, I was wrong, twisted, misguided, and misled.

Interesting that the rotten things that happen in the world are never, ever, God's fault.
correct
Makes ya wonder if he's just a Santa Claus dispensing good and never taking accountability for the bad.

Pretty nice racket.
Why would he be accountable for things that are our fault?

Granite

Hall of Fame
One more thing for us to feel guilty about...barring natural disasters and the like, I would assume.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

In my KJV translation, God says "I make peace, I create evil. I the Lord do all these things...."

...Of course I'm sure you're aware how men pervert the word of God for their own ends. Luckily the King James translators were the only ones.

Art Deco

Originally posted by erethnereh

The hebrew word for evil can mean natural disasters.
Thanks for the clarification. This helps in understanding the character of God. And still the fear of the Lord is not allowed inside the Church. :angel:

Art Deco

One more thing for us to feel guilty about...barring natural disasters and the like, I would assume.
You bear the classic signs of a man driven by pride, to judge God rather than allow God to judge you...How sad :(