because
they couldn't stop obama
the time to stop obama was 2012
so
why did we do so well in 2010 and 2014?
the lazy democrats didn't vote
how many didn't vote?
over 40 million
do you want to know how many idiots there are?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
People that identify as independent other than Republican or Democrat are the largest voting block in the nation at 45% almost outnumbering the voters that identify as republicans & democrats combined. It would be absurd to think that the support that Trump is seeing is not independent support and, that is what scares the hell out of both the ruling class parties. If you were in any doubt where most of Trump's support is coming from it is from the independent voters, and yes, the independents will decide this election.

You can read about the rise of the independent voters here:

http://ivn.us/2015/07/06/poll-independents-will-soon-outnumber-republicans-democrats-combined/
Thanks for the link. That is interesting. I'd still like to see an actual poll of independents and who they are supporting. Or some breakout of GOP polls that say how much of Trump's support is from registered Rs or registered Is.

I found this interesting.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us12222015_Uhkm63g.pdf

Among Republicans, 28 percent of voters say they “would definitely not support” Trump, with 24 percent who would not back Bush.

“Half of American voters say they’d be embarrassed to have Donald Trump as their Commander in Chief and most Americans think he doesn’t have a good chance in November, but there he is still at the top of the Republican heap,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
“Hillary Clinton tops him. Sen. Bernie Sanders hammers him and
Sen. Ted Cruz is snapping at his heels. Can a candidate that half the American electorate thinks is an embarrassment win in November?”

Based on this either Cruz or Rubio would have a good chance against Clinton.
Clinton gets 44 percent to Rubio’s 43 percent;

Clinton and Cruz are tied 44 –44 percent.

The majority of voters that are supporting the outsider candidates (Trump, Cruz, Carson) are independents leaning republican and if the republican nomination goes to a Bush or Rubio I would almost guarantee a Hillary win sadly but, Republicans don't want to win unless it is a progressive RINO anyway, both parties want to protect the status quo.
Why do you say 'sadly'? I thought you wouldn't vote for Bush or Rubio.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Who would you support Doc? a candidate which has no chance of winning, a no name? I would take another Reagan any day over the lawless dictator we now have, furthermore there really is nobody but, the field you have now, and Cruz has showed himself true to the constitution and an enemy to RINO's & Dems alike...I can work with that, it is a start.

I'd also like to know who doc would want.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Thanks for the link. That is interesting. I'd still like to see an actual poll of independents and who they are supporting. Or some breakout of GOP polls that say how much of Trump's support is from registered Rs or registered Is.

I found this interesting.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us12222015_Uhkm63g.pdf

I don't see how anyone could be any more embarrassed with Trump as president than most of us are now with the embarrassment. Truly, Obama has embarrassed this country as much as it could be really.

Based on this either Cruz or Rubio would have a good chance against Clinton.

I think Cruz has a good chance, Rubio has got some growing to do and I don't see him ready to make big boy decisions yet. I am troubled that Rubio is cut from the same cloth as most neocons, and sees America's intervention/nation building on foreign affairs as a role America should play and on that note I could not disagree more.

Why do you say 'sadly'? I thought you wouldn't vote for Bush or Rubio.[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood what I wrote, I said "if the republican nomination goes to a Bush or Rubio I would almost guarantee a Hillary win sadly"

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
trump supporters are mad at the republicans
because
they couldn't stop obama
the time to stop obama was 2012
so
why did we do so well in 2010 and 2014?
the lazy democrats didn't vote
how many didn't vote?
over 40 million
do you want to know how many idiots there are?

If republican lawmakers did the job they were voted in to do instead of rubber stamping Obama policies, they would not be seeing this backlash. The American people's anger with the RINO's is well placed and valid, the RINO's did it to themselves.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
they are angry with the republicans
because
the republicans can't stop obama
but
they can't tell us who can
but
they can tell us who can't

they are all closet trump supporters

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
20 million idiots voted for perot in 92

that is 1000 trump rallies with 20,000 people

that is an average of 400,000 idiots per state

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
a whore for the republican party

Would you vote for Bush or Rubio in the general?

Bush won't be in the general, I would wager on it and if Rubio manages to squeak out the nomination I would probably hold my nose, yes.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Would you vote for Bush or Rubio in the general?

You actually did ask me that... And I said it is not even plausible that he will get that far, he is unelectable. Rubio might squeak it out and yes, I would give him a vote begrudgingly.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
kmo should be able to confirm
that
I predicted trump will not win a single primary

how would I know?

I am a republican primary voter
and
we understand how trump is hurting the party

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
kmo should be able to confirm
that
I predicted trump will not win a single primary

how would I know?

I am a republican primary voter
and
we understand how trump is hurting the party

Whether he is hurting the party or not is irrelevant, more people will vote non-establishment in this election than ever before, establishment voters such as yourself are huge minority this cycle, the republican party as you know it Chrys is finished, over, dead, they lost all credibility. I would wager with you that Trump will win NH for sure and possibly SC, Iowa will go to Cruz. The Trump phenomena may be unpleasant but, it is real, and I expect that he will be in this thing all the way to the convention long after the hopes of Jeb Bush are dead & gone. That is the realistic view not the "I hope" or "I wish" view, the RINO's did this to themselves.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
please note
there are no polls
based on
registered republicans who have a history of voting in primaries

read the fine print

I guess that is my job

drbrumley

Rand's "Audit the Fed" bill fails. Rand got 54 votes as versus 47 against, but not the 60 required for cloture, let alone the 67 required to overturn a sure Barry veto. The bill goes down to defeat.

Time now to forget this very small reform, and continue educating Americans, as Ron Paul does, on why we need to End the Fed. Given the economic catastrophe it’s bringing down on the whole world, there has never been a better time. May Ron one day–if we do our job–be the auctioneer at the sale of Mordor’s cold, marble Fed headquarters.

Going, going, gone.