a whore for the republican party

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I hope so!

Chrys, did you see the news stories about the Gallup polls on the most admired people of the year? Trump was tied for 2nd. And guess who he was tied with? Pope Francis!

Obama and Hillary Clinton were tied for first.

It makes me wonder if this world is worth living in. :plain:

Pretty messed up for sure, and it seems the further the nation, people, & culture move away from God the more evil it becomes. I believe God's Word spoke of this time.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I hope so!

Chrys, did you see the news stories about the Gallup polls on the most admired people of the year? Trump was tied for 2nd. And guess who he was tied with? Pope Francis!

Obama and Hillary Clinton were tied for first.

It makes me wonder if this world is worth living in. :plain:

driven by media coverage

this is why I unplugged

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I think Bush's 'act of love' comment was about the people trying to come here, not about someone letting them in.

It is irrelevant what he meant, Bush is another that sees no problem with hordes of illegals invading our nation, breaking our laws, and destroying the wages for working Americans, sapping the social service system, etc...Bush and his ilk are part of the problem because they have no intention of fixing the problem, they profit from it through a slave labor force paid for by the citizenry.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Probably. You don't think an independent is more likely to vote for someone like Bush than someone like Trump?

Nope, in fact every poll & focus group to date has proven quite the opposite...Bush doesn't have a chance outside of the entire nomination getting rigged again, and if that happens the independents will stay home...mark it down.

And how are you defining base? I'm assuming you mean anti-establishment/tea-party types. And for that you have to ask how many people are willing to vote for the lesser of the two evils. And on that I think many are. :idunno:

The elite establishment types are not the base, in fact it is those that have bothered to vote for what has been called "the lesser of two evils" are what makes up the base and they are not having any of it this time around, that is why we are seeing the advent of Trump domination followed by Cruz. The elites cannot win without the base & the independents but, they don't want a Trump or constitutional conservative either so it will be interesting to see the elites support Hillary rather than support the popular candidate...again.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
the same reason the others are

they are all catering to the idiots
and
that is why I dropped my brietbart thread

:chuckle: You mean they left the RINO candidates hanging....

getting a republican in the white house is not easy

Actually it would be real easy if the party would promote the popular candidate instead of backing losers like Bush, Christy, or Rubio who cannot garner the votes needed to win, we have seen this show before with McCain, Romney, Dole, etc. Your right it is hard getting RINO's elected.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
the only republicans to win the white house in the last 30 years were all named bush

They both sucked...and the only reason Bush SR ever got elected was on the coattails of the only conservative president of the 20th century Ronald Reagan, GW Bush was elected by conservatives but, we all quickly found out he was just as much of a big government liberal as the democrats are...such is the life of a RINO.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Really all this speculation of this candidate, or that, will end in February, then we will all see what we have to work with.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
George H W Bush won in 1988 based upon a campaign of 4 more years of Reagan.

gcthomas

It is irrelevant what he meant, Bush is another that sees no problem with hordes of illegals invading our nation, breaking our laws, and destroying the wages for working Americans, sapping the social service system, etc...Bush and his ilk are part of the problem because they have no intention of fixing the problem, they profit from it through a slave labor force paid for by the citizenry.

Yeah - that's a job for lazy Americans!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
George H W Bush won in 1988 based upon a campaign of 4 more years of Reagan.

They both sucked...and the only reason Bush SR ever got elected was on the coattails of the only conservative president of the 20th century Ronald Reagan, GW Bush was elected by conservatives but, we all quickly found out he was just as much of a big government liberal as the democrats are...such is the life of a RINO.

Kinda what I said....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nope, in fact every poll & focus group to date has proven quite the opposite...Bush doesn't have a chance outside of the entire nomination getting rigged again, and if that happens the independents will stay home...mark it down.
Have there been polls of independents? I'm searching but not finding.

The elite establishment types are not the base, in fact it is those that have bothered to vote for what has been called "the lesser of two evils" are what makes up the base and they are not having any of it this time around, that is why we are seeing the advent of Trump domination followed by Cruz. The elites cannot win without the base & the independents but, they don't want a Trump or constitutional conservative either so it will be interesting to see the elites support Hillary rather than support the popular candidate...again.
You see that now, in the primaries. But I'm still skeptical that if Bush/Rubio would happen to win the primary then the 'base' you're talking about would actually stay home and risk letting Clinton win. :idunno:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Have there been polls of independents? I'm searching but not finding.

People that identify as independent other than Republican or Democrat are the largest voting block in the nation at 45% almost outnumbering the voters that identify as republicans & democrats combined. It would be absurd to think that the support that Trump is seeing is not independent support and, that is what scares the hell out of both the ruling class parties. If you were in any doubt where most of Trump's support is coming from it is from the independent voters, and yes, the independents will decide this election.

You can read about the rise of the independent voters here:

http://ivn.us/2015/07/06/poll-independents-will-soon-outnumber-republicans-democrats-combined/

You see that now, in the primaries. But I'm still skeptical that if Bush/Rubio would happen to win the primary then the 'base' you're talking about would actually stay home and risk letting Clinton win. :idunno:

The majority of voters that are supporting the outsider candidates (Trump, Cruz, Carson) are independents leaning republican and if the republican nomination goes to a Bush or Rubio I would almost guarantee a Hillary win sadly but, Republicans don't want to win unless it is a progressive RINO anyway, both parties want to protect the status quo.