a whore for the republican party

kmoney

Hall of Fame
what - in a bad way?

aren't all politicians? :idunno:

Yes, all politicians are to some extent, with rare exceptions. But Trump is a different breed. Partly because he's not a politician. He's a celebrity playing a game. And some people want him to be president. :doh:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Gotta give the man credit though, he knows how to play the media like a Stradivarius and I have so enjoyed watching him do so, if anybody takes away anything positive from Trumps candidacy it should be that,
:idunno: What are you basing that on? Is he really making the media look bad? Or is he just full of bluster and tries to yell over them and his fans love it?

and the fact he has ground political correctness into a fine powder as it should be,
I don't mind some bluntness. It can be refreshing. But it needs to be backed by some substance and I think that's mostly lacking with Trump.

and trashed every establishment RINO politician & candidate for the lying hypocrites they are...I thank him for that. :thumb:
Specifically?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
it's all about charisma and energizing the base

reagan had energy
carter didn't

reagan had energy
mondale didn't

bush senior had energy
dukakis didn't

clinton had energy
bush senior didn't

clinton had energy
dole didn't

bush junior had energy
gore didn't

bush junior had energy
kerry didn't

obama had energy
mccain didn't

obama had energy
romney didn't

x will have to have more energy than hillary

which isn't much of a challenge, because hillary will not energize the base

Bush vs Clinton would be about the least energetic election in history. :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:idunno: What are you basing that on? Is he really making the media look bad? Or is he just full of bluster and tries to yell over them and his fans love it?

Heck Yes! he has made them look bad, Trump has vocalized the sentiments of most Americans concerning the national propagandists...the media. They are not reporters of news, they are entertainers & opinion makers certainly not journalists by any stretch of the definition. Trump has mocked & confounded their spin at every turn, he has torn the veil as it were and allowed everyone to see their hypocrisy...they hate him yet for ratings sake they cannot help themselves to cover the man, it is great watching him tear down the facade which is "The News".

I don't mind some bluntness. It can be refreshing. But it needs to be backed by some substance and I think that's mostly lacking with Trump.

Yet we have dealt with the exact opposite for the last seven years with Obama... political correctness backed up with lies. I fail to see how this man is any different in this regard, just the opposite version of demagoguery. Trump is not my pick but, it has been entertaining to watch him tear apart all semblance political correctness & pseudo political decorum. The man is vicious, a shark but, he does it openly, overtly while the others mainly RINO's are far more secret, covert, & just as vicious, Pick your poison...

Specifically?

Bush, Katich, Rubio, Graham, et al...he has slammed them all for what they are, neocon statists not conservatives. On that note I have my doubts about how conservative Trump is as well but, I am absolutely sure he is not mixed up with the establishment RINO's, in fact he is anathema to the establishment elites.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Not like a Stradivarius. He doesn't 'play' the media, he just presents a target rich environment for journalists.

Journalists? :rotfl: now that is rich...there are no journalists, just propagandists pushing different points of view, attempting to skew public opinion this way or that. Journalism is extinct in this country.

It takes no skill, just a lack of care and no real desire to produce a coherent set of policies in advance of media events.

Be that as it may, the man has used the media as his own bully pulpit and they fall for it every time, they cannot help themselves, because they are ratings whores devoid of any journalistic principles, they are after the almighty buck like everyone else, and beside the fact your not honest enough to admit it Trump has capitalized by getting copious amounts of air time for free. I don't hail the man but, I do see the brilliance in his modus operandi.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
winner: lindsey graham
loser: trump

I will repeat my earlier prediction

trump will not win a single primary

you idiots will have to move on
and
pollsters will have to go back to the drawing board right after the iowa caucus

drbrumley

"Senator Paul & Sen. Cruz are isolationists" says Graham. As were the Founders, who wrote the 4th Amendment into the Constitution.

drbrumley

You think Trump did well?

He didn't hurt himself. Bush went after him and he basically smacked him down.

Trump: go after their families. Jeb sez Trump isn't serious. Jeb is a nice person, but we need toughness. Jeb interrupts. Trump swats him down

drbrumley

Chrys,

In case you were worried, the Paul Ryan-GOP budget doesn’t cut, let alone abolish, the sacred Planned Parenthood payoff.

Just thought you should know since you worry so much about those Republican friends of yours. Wanted to make sure you were at ease. Don't want you to have a stroke or something.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in an effort to understand the trump phenomena
I decided to listen to what rush had to say
it has been years since I last listened to him
he is an apologist for trump
same for hannity
same for lou dobbs
with all of them the story is the same
they are angry with the republicans inability to stop obama
they forget that he was reelected just three years ago
they want to shut down the government
they forget that this will only help elect democrats
they want a real conservative to win in 2016
they forget how hard it is for a republican to win
they like what trump is saying
they forget that he is attacking the very groups who will elect hillary

trump is carrying water for hillary

you are an idiot
if
you can't see that

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He didn't hurt himself. Bush went after him and he basically smacked him down.

Trump: go after their families. Jeb sez Trump isn't serious. Jeb is a nice person, but we need toughness. Jeb interrupts. Trump swats him down

Trump swats him down but only if you focus on the attitude, tone, manner in which he acts and tries to bully the others. If you look at the substance, I think Bush did pretty well against Trump. Bush comes across badly because he's low energy and kind of awkward.

I think the question to Trump about how he's different from ISIS if he's willing to go after families was very good.

I thought Rubio, Cruz, Paul, and Bush all had some pretty good moments during the debate and would consider them the winners. But I only saw the first half.