A tally of about 100 anti-Calvinist threads

randomvim

So everyone is going to Heaven and there is no Hell :plain:

Thanks for revealing your universalism. You might have saved me the trouble of even speaking to you if you had shown it earlier :wave2:

Being saved is not described as an automatic ticket to heaven. That is not even how that poster was describing or talking.

Please stop injecting your own concepts into another person's post. If you are unclear about something, then ask.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Being saved is not described as an automatic ticket to heaven. That is not even how that poster was describing or talking.

Please stop injecting your own concepts into another person's post. If you are unclear about something, then ask.

We CAN KNOW if we are saved now.

Stop going against Jesus' powerful words for the words of false teachers...the teachings that entrapped you, for Satan's will.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Being saved is not described as an automatic ticket to heaven.

Here's the thing that you are not understanding

Calvinism denies the notion that a person can fall in and out of salvation. If a person falls from his faith, then he was never saved to begin with.

Here are the Reformed doctrines <Tulip>

Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints

The last two are relevant here-
A person chosen to salvation cannot resist such impunity, because God has imputed an infallible grace upon that person.

That is what Imputed Righteousness is- I'm sure you're familiar with that term.
You all skew it's intended meaning :plain:

3aecb6b73875894d19e010dafb05a2f2.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why do so-called Christians argue so vehemently with each other? Are not the basics the same. Do you not worship the same God but split hairs over small things?

Muslims worship the same God
Should we be indifferent there as well :idunno:

But I understand what you are saying- I see it as God keeping us all in the spirit of conviction.
When it comes down to it, we're all brothers in a fallen world, assigned to the express lane of any guillotine that should exist.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Stop guessing what a person is talking about and ask them when a conversation is not clear. However I have been rather clear so stop putting words in my mouth.

No I am not talking about humanism. Im talking about emotions that everyone, including you, have. I would find it rather redundant if you wish to say you never fealt nor acted on emotion.

You are trying to focus away from the point I am making.

good day.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, all are not saved, that's because the jesus they call savior of the world, couldn't save sinners who sinned to much ! So their jesus is a savior of lost unsaved people also !

Did you confess Jesus as Lord or did you just take it for granted that He is?

randomvim

Here's the thing that you are not understanding

Calvinism denies the notion that a person can fall in and out of salvation. If a person falls from his faith, then he was never saved to begin with.

Here are the Reformed doctrines

Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints

The last two are relevant here-
A person chosen to salvation cannot resist such impunity, because God has imputed an infallible grace upon that person.

That is what Imputed Righteousness is- I'm sure you're familiar with that term.
You all skew it's intended meaning :plain:

3aecb6b73875894d19e010dafb05a2f2.jpg

1. I know that already. Believe I added to a post how there is an error in that thought and how a person doesnt need to be a calvinist in order to be saved.

That concept means there is no point to life because you, I, or anyone else is destined to any fate regardless to what anyone believes or does on earth.

Rather redundant.

2. I would test. the quote provided does not apply directly nor does it need to apply only to the idea everyone is predestined to heaven or hell. In other words, that quote doesnt support the idea.

3. "saved." there is a clear difference in how this word is used. Used primarily to describe a person who discovers or comes to know Jesus. If this is not true please clarify?

Not everyone sees it this way, as there is no clear understanding to what happens to an individual after death.

randomvim

You are trying to focus away from the point I am making.

good day.
you have not made a point but incorrectly claim I think X when I have stated I think T.

If anyone is "focusing away fron the point" it is you, who have repeatedly moved away from my queations and statemens.

oh well. I guess that just happens. If you are unclear on a subject or sub category please ask.

Eagles Wings

I know I will still be saved.
Two of my favorite verses of surety in Christ.

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hang on to you pants, there are more to come.
Robert, you diluting what you are trying to convey with this many threads on the subject. I get the impression you are trying to build your post count back up. I will start locking the threads if you keep this up. This many threads is unnecessary and redundant. A couple well managed threads is a better approach.

God's Truth

Two of my favorite verses of surety in Christ.

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yes that scripture sure tells us of the surety of being saved.

Here is a powerful one that comes to mind...

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

What is your other favorite one?

Eagles Wings

Yes that scripture sure tells us of the surety of being saved.

Here is a powerful one that comes to mind...

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

What is your other favorite one?
I love the verse you quoted as it reminds me of being restored from the wrath of God, to His friendship, through His beloved Son.

John 17:9-10

Here it is the KJV:

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

God's Truth

I love the verse you quoted as it reminds me of being restored from the wrath of God, to His friendship, through His beloved Son.

John 17:9-10

Here it is the KJV:

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Yes, beautiful...Jesus praying for us.