A tally of about 100 anti-Calvinist threads

randomvim

Nope, it is just one of the best qualification to discern to identify true Christians. True Christians wont endorse persecuting anyone or killing is so against Jesus' Spirit.

It is just common sense. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Violent faith is trinity churches fruit.

I use Jesus' word to discern what is right or wrong.
violence is an act all humans poses.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

randomvim

The Judgement is for Jesus, not any of us. You see, Trins are judging non-trins as unsaved. I don't even judge my own, much less anyone else's.
may you provide evidence that all trinity believers are commiting to a bad act of judging a person?

Eagles Wings

Just trying to help your sorry excuse for a gospel. You don't have much good news for us poor commoners.
What are commoners?

This is so typical of those who do not understand the teaching of original sin, ie., the Fall of Man, which is critical in understanding God's grace in Christ.

I've never heard such good news as that in church, listening to a Reformed pastor tell of the Covenant faithfulness of a loving, Heavenly Father.

randomvim

I just happened to be looking and am a bit surprised how many there are.

Maybe they are all 'just different enough' that they don't need to be trimmed :think:

1) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
2) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
3) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
4) Calvinism Saved before being Saved? - Robert Pate
5) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
6) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
7) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
8) Calvinists nor Catholics are Christian - Robert Pate
9) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you -Robert Pate
10) Neither Catholics or Calvinists are saved - Robert Pate
11) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
12) Catholicism and Calvinism is demonic - Robert Pate
13)
I agree that the spamming needs to stop. have a discussion or debate but if you post the same information or topic in more than one area. thats spam.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
may you provide evidence that all trinity believers are commiting to a bad act of judging a person?

My comments are general observation.

If you don't believe in the trinity you are a cult. This the premise of your faith and core belief.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
violence is an act all humans poses.

So you disregard Jesus' teaching or commands?

Jesus says to be faithful to Him until end. Why do you disregard?

It is clear by your comment that Jesus is not your Lord.

randomvim

So you disregard Jesus' teaching or commands?

Jesus says to be faithful to Him until end. Why do you disregard?

It is clear by your comment that Jesus is not your Lord.
No...should be clear that not all humans follow Jesus and error on their part can be understood. From here, we may help others refrain from such errors.

Some may not be helped. I think thats psychology.

randomvim

My comments are general observation.

If you don't believe in the trinity you are a cult. This the premise of your faith and core belief.
Since I work backwards.

1. No. Basis of my faith is 10 commandments plus Jesus. or maybe other way around.

Telling another person what they think is a fallacy at that.

Instead I ... me... I use english definition of the term cult to define small groups of common peoples

2. The thing with general observation is that it is often bias and doesnt consider more than what is observed or seen.

The word general is synomanis with average though. And your comment still suggested ALL. seems like this is a restatement but Ill repeat to say in this situation...we are unable to say ALL who believe in Trinity think that non trinity believers are unsaved.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not arguing. I am only making statements.
You confuse arguing to mean vitriolic and often unhinged opinion. On that point, no one will disagree.

More properly, to argue is to give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view. Thus, any and all statements made about Scripture, doctrine, etc., are arguments for one's position, else the statement would never have been made. Each time someone says, "I don't follow man made doctrine" or "I don't argue about doctrine" they have in fact stated a man-made doctrinal argument. Their own statements refute that which they just claimed.

Each time someone states "I don't read commentaries, only the Bible" and if they truly believed this, they should never say anything other than to quote Scripture...period. Yet as surely as they accompany their quoted Scripture with some words expressing or implying opinion, or even "I believe what Jesus said in this passage..." they have begun crafting their very own commentary. One should very well ask, Why then should we even be paying attention to you if you don't read commentaries, only the Bible? Have you not just formed a commentary by your own words? Nonsense soon abounds.

Some folks need to think more and speak less when they are regularly found to be making these sort of self-righteous statements.

We cannot have a relationship with another without knowing the intimacies which make up that person, that is their convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. I should not need to point out that Our Lord certainly was concerned with and argued doctrine.

Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Mat 22:33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Mar 1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

Mar 1:27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

Mar 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.

Mar 4:2 And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,

Mar 11:18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine

Mar 12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

Luk 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 18:19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.

So rather than hiding behind pieties exclaiming, "Just Me and My Bible!", we should not be unwilling to admit that we are all standing upon the shoulders of those who have come before us. Discussion and reasoned argumentation about what Scripture teaches is but one way how one grows in their walk of faith and draws closer to the Lord. It is by these things that the truth is made plain and the falsities identified (1 Cor. 11:19).

AMR

randomvim

You confuse arguing to mean vitriolic and often unhinged opinion. On that point, no one will disagree.

More properly, to argue is to give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view. Thus, any and all statements made about Scripture, doctrine, etc., are arguments for one's position, else the statement would never have been made. Each time someone says, "I don't follow man made doctrine" or "I don't argue about doctrine" they have in fact stated a man-made doctrinal argument. Their own statements refute that which they just claimed.

Each time someone states "I don't read commentaries, only the Bible" and if they truly believed this, they should never say anything other than to quote Scripture...period. Yet as surely as they accompany their quoted Scripture with some words expressing or implying opinion, or even "I believe what Jesus said in this passage..." they have begun crafting their very own commentary. One should very well ask, Why then should we even be paying attention to you if you don't read commentaries, only the Bible? Have you not just formed a commentary by your own words? Nonsense soon abounds.

Some folks need to think more and speak less when they are regularly found to be making these sort of self-righteous statements.

We cannot have a relationship with another without knowing the intimacies which make up that person, that is their convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. I should not need to point out that Our Lord certainly was concerned with and argued doctrine.

Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Mat 22:33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Mar 1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

Mar 1:27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

Mar 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.

Mar 4:2 And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,

Mar 11:18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine

Mar 12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

Luk 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 18:19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.

So rather than hiding behind pieties exclaiming, "Just Me and My Bible!", we should not be unwilling to admit that we are all standing upon the shoulders of those who have come before us. Discussion and reasoned argumentation about what Scripture teaches is but one way how one grows in their walk of faith and draws closer to the Lord. It is by these things that the truth is made plain and the falsities identified (1 Cor. 11:19).

AMR
If I am not mistaken, but there are points in the bible that support or promote inner-discussion, peaceful discussion on multiple points, etc?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ninth Commandment Guides All Manner of Discourse

Ninth Commandment Guides All Manner of Discourse

If I am not mistaken, but there are points in the bible that support or promote inner-discussion, peaceful discussion on multiple points, etc?
Indeed there are.

They are nicely summed up by the teachings of the ninth commandment:

Spoiler

From the WLC...

Q143: Which is the ninth commandment?
A143: The ninth commandment is, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.[1]
1. Exod. 20:16

Q. 144. What does the ninth commandment require?

A. The ninth commandment requires that we maintain and promote truthfulness in our dealings with each other1 and the good reputation of others as well as ourselves.2 We must come forward and stand up for the truth,3 speaking the truth and nothing but the truth from our hearts,4 sincerely,5 freely,6 clearly,7 and without equivocation,8 not only in all matters relating to the law and justice9 but in any and every circumstance whatsoever.10 We must have a charitable regard for others,11 loving, desiring, and rejoicing in their good reputation12 as well as regretting13 and putting the best light on their failings.14 We must freely acknowledge their talents and gifts,15 defending their innocence,16 readily receiving a good report about them17 and reluctantly admitting a bad one.18 We should discourage gossips,19 flatterers,20 and slanderers;21 we should love and protect our own good reputation and defend it when necessary;22 we should keep every lawful promise we make no matter what;23 and finally we should do the best we can to focus our lives and thoughts on things that are true, noble, lovely, and admirable.24

1. Zech 8.16, Eph4.25.
2. 3 Jn 12.
3. Prv 31.8-9.
4. Ps 15.2.
5. 2 Chr 19.9.
6. 1 Sm 19.4-5, Jer 9.3
7. Jos 7.19, Jer 42.4, Acts 20.20.
8. 2 Sm 14.18-20, Acts 20.27.
9. Lv 19.15, Prv 14.5,25.
10. 2 Cor 1.17-18, Eph4.25, Is 63.8, Col 3.9.
11. Heb 6.9, 1 Cor 13.4-5,7.
12. Rom 1.8, 2 Jn 4, 3 Jn 3-4.
13. 2 Cor 2.4,12.21, Ps 119.158.
14. Prv 17.9, 1 Pt 4.8.
15. 1 Cor 1.4-5,7,2 Tm 1.4-5.
16. 1 Sm 22.14, Ps 82.3.
17. 1 Cor 13.4,6-7.
18. Ps 15.3.
19. Prv 25.23.
20. Prv 26.24-25.
21. Ps 101.5.
22. Prv 22.1, Jn 8.49,2 Cor 11.18,23.
23. Ps 15.4.
24. Phil 4.8.

Q. 145. What particular sins does the ninth commandment forbid?

A. The ninth commandment forbids everything detrimental to the truth and the good reputation of others as well as our own,1 with special reference to legal matters in the courts.2 We must not give untrue evidence,3 suborn perjury,4 knowingly appear and plead on behalf of an evil cause, or engage in overbearing and boastful exaggeration.5 We should never participate in passing an unjust sentence,6 call evil good or good evil, or reward the wicked in a way appropriate to the righteous or the righteous in a way appropriate to the wicked.7 Forgery is forbidden,8 as is concealing the truth, remaining silent in a just cause,9 and not taking it on ourselves to reprove10 or complain to others about some wrong.11 We must not speak the truth at an inappropriate time,12 or maliciously to promote a wrong purpose,13 nor pervert it into a wrong meaning,14 into ambiguous equivocations, or in such ways as to undermine truth and justice.15 Also forbidden are: saying anything untrue,16 as well as lying,17 slandering,18 backbiting,19 belittling,20 gossiping,21 whispering,22 ridiculing,23 reviling,24 and expressing any kind of judgmental opinion that is rash,25 harsh,26 or prejudiced;27 misconstruing intentions, words, and actions;28 flattery29 and ostentatious boasting;30 thinking or speaking too highly or too poorly of ourselves or others;31 denying the gifts of God or the effects of his grace on us;32 exaggerating the significance of trivial faults;33 concealing, excusing, or rationalizing our sinful behavior when we are called to confess it voluntarily;34 gratuitously revealing the problems and failings of others;35 spreading false rumors,36 receiving and approving evil reports,37 and refusing to listen to a just defense;38 harboring evil suspicions;39 being envious of or grieved by the deserved honors others receive,40 trying to discredit those honors,41 and rejoicing at someone else’s disgrace or evil reputation;42 scornful contempt43 and foolish admiration;44 breaking our lawful promises;45 and, finally, failing to promote everyone’s good name,46 and doing, not avoiding, or not hindering in others, as we can, those things that give people a bad name.47

1. 1 Sm 17.28,2 Sm 16.3,1.9,10,15-16, Lk 3.14.
2. Lv 19.15, Hb 1.4.
3. Prv 19.5,6.16,19.
4. Acts 6.13.
5. Jer 9.3,5, Acts 24.2,5, Ps 12.3-4, 52.1^1.
6. Prv 17.15,1 Kgs 21.9-14.
7. Is 5.23.
8. Ps 119.69, Lk 19.8,16.5-7,1 Kgs 21.8.
9. Lv 5.1, Deut. 13.8, Acts 5.3,8-9,2 Tm 4.6.
10. 1 Kgs 1.6, Lv 19.17, Is 58.1.
11. Is 59.4.
12. Prv 29.11.
13. 1 Sm 22.9-10, Ps 52.1-5.
14. Ps 56.5, Jn 2.19, Mt 26.60-61.
15. Gn 3.5,26.7,9.
16. Is 59.13.
17. Lv 19.11, Col 3.9.
18. Ps 50.20.
19. Ps 15.3, Rom 1.30.
20. Jas 4.1 l,Jer 38.4, Ti 3.2.
21. Lv 19.16.
22. Rom 1.29-30, Prv 16.28.
23. Gn 21.9, Gal 4.29, Is 28.22.
24. 1 Cor 6.10.
25. Mt7.1.
26. Acts 28.4, Jas 2.13.
27. Gn 38.24, Rom 2.1, Jn 7.24.
28. Neh 6.6-8, Rom 3.8, Ps 69.10,1 Sm 1.13-15, 2 Sm 10.3.
29. Ps 12.2-3.
30. 2 Tm 3.2.
31. Lk 18.9,11, Rom 12.16,1 Cor 4.6, Acts 12.22, Ex 4.10-14.
32. Jb 27.5-6,4.6, Gal 5.26.
33. Mt 7.3-5, Is 29.20-21.
34. Prv 28.13, 30.20, Gn 3.12-13,4.9, Jer2.35,2 Kgs 5.25.
35. Gn 9.22, Prv 25.9-10.
36. Ex 23.1.
37. Prv 29.12, Jer 20.10.
38. Acts 7.56-57, Jb 31.13-14.
39. 1 Cor 13.4-5,1 Tm 6.4.
40. Nm 11.29, Mt21.15.
41. Ezr 4.12-13, Dn 6.3^1.
42. Jer 48.27.
43. Ps 35.15-16,21, Mt27.28-29.
44. Jude 16, Acts 12.22,1 Cor 3.21.
45. Rom 1.31,2 Tm 3.3.
46. 1 Sm2.24,2Sml2.14.
47. 2 Sm 12.13-14, Prv 5.8-9, Phil 3.18-19,2 Pt 2.2.

AMR

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus died for the sins of the world, you mo-ron!

But you believe the Crucifixion wasn't sufficient for the world. That's the problem with you anti-Calvinists, you think that what God ordains can just be nullified and rejected.

The atonement saves everyone it is meant to save. That is God's imputation to the world, which man cannot change or dictate.

country club bigot

:chuckle:
I'm about the furthest thing from a country club member as they come

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you are not willing to change your dogma, it is only argueing and meaningless.

What I see in Christian debate or argueing is trying to silence your opponents. Often times, it is deceitful.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No...should be clear that not all humans follow Jesus and error on their part can be understood. From here, we may help others refrain from such errors.

Some may not be helped. I think thats psychology.

You see, this comment is civil yet I see deceitfulness because you are trying to focus away or hide the point I am making.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So rather than hiding behind pieties exclaiming, "Just Me and My Bible!", we should not be unwilling to admit that we are all standing upon the shoulders of those who have come before us.

Your augments are civil yet you are hiding the fact that you focus away Jesus' word. And I focus back to Jesus' word when you use this tactic.

That's why you don't like and admit. It is clear to me that your focus is always about what Calvin teaches.

It is deceitful if you claim to be a Christian. You can be deceitful with civil manner.

Your faith is basically the same as MADists, you both don't focus on what Jesus says or practiced.