A tally of about 100 anti-Calvinist threads

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just happened to be looking and am a bit surprised how many there are.

Maybe they are all 'just different enough' that they don't need to be trimmed :think:

1) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
2) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
3) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
4) Calvinism Saved before being Saved? - Robert Pate
5) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
6) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
7) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
8) Calvinists nor Catholics are Christian - Robert Pate
9) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you -Robert Pate
10) Neither Catholics or Calvinists are saved - Robert Pate
11) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
12) Catholicism and Calvinism is demonic - Robert Pate
13)

This issue will you have to take up with Knight as the owner of the site. This is not a Calvinist site and the ownership of this site is not sympathetic to Calvinism. This site has a whole section devoted to Open Theism. I do agree when there is a glut of threads on one subject it does get excessive. This issue is not quite like anti Trinity threads or Urantia threads taking over the site.

randomvim

But you believe the Crucifixion wasn't sufficient for the world. That's the problem with you anti-Calvinists, you think that what God ordains can just be nullified and rejected.

The atonement saves everyone it is meant to save. That is God's imputation to the world, which man cannot change or dictate.

:chuckle:
I'm about the furthest thing from a country club member as they come
what are you talking about. Everyone is saved by the act of Jesus. not everyone is forced to recognize or act on that so not everyone will recognize the good done. Even if we do, we may still fail God. free will.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
what are you talking about. Everyone is saved by the act of Jesus. not everyone is forced to recognize or act on that so not everyone will recognize the good done. Even if we do, we may still fail God. free will.

'Free will' is a narcotic that has led to nothing but centuries of heresy. As soon as you start preaching that, you stop preaching God's sovereignty.
God's will takes precedence over man's :wave2:

fishrovmen

I just happened to be looking and am a bit surprised how many there are.

Maybe they are all 'just different enough' that they don't need to be trimmed :think:

1) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
2) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
3) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
4) Calvinism Saved before being Saved? - Robert Pate
5) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
6) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
7) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
8) Calvinists nor Catholics are Christian - Robert Pate
9) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you -Robert Pate
10) Neither Catholics or Calvinists are saved - Robert Pate
11) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
12) Catholicism and Calvinism is demonic - Robert Pate
13)
Perhaps the motivation for the author of the majority of those threads can be found on the first page here?
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?111530-Is-somebody-messing-with-me

randomvim

You see, this comment is civil yet I see deceitfulness because you are trying to focus away or hide the point I am making.
No I am arguing your point because you dismiss basic humam emotion. that you and others have!

you present:

a. violence is not from God
b. trinity is not from God
c. there is violence among trinitarian groups.

therefore all trinitarian believers are prone to violence.

error is simple. you are responding emotionally and in same way a white supremist responds to the u.s. demographics for crime.

majority of crime is commited by blacks
majority of prisoners are black
statistics support the idea that blacks are a lower race prone to crime.

its the same: strawman.

forgetting the fact that St Peter chopped someones ear off.
Forgetting importance to underatand a person's spyche. Forgetting that what a person says they believe is not always true, and simple belief in x does not make you impervious to error.

Takes dedication and discipline to overcome temptation in all forms.

otherwise its like the atheist saying all religious are idiots. somehow you becoming atheist means you smart.

..ha ha...no.

randomvim

'Free will' is a narcotic that has led to nothing but centuries of heresy. As soon as you start preaching that, you stop preaching God's sovereignty.
True, God's will is greater than all. He willed us to have our own will. To become our own persons and develope - as a FATHER does.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
True, God's will is greater than all. He willed us to have our own will. To become our own persons and develope - as a FATHER does.

As a human father does, who isn't omniscient and makes mistakes.

God decided how He would conduct His will before the foundations of the Earth, and by that He predestined man according to it.

What you all do is make yourselves freer agents than God- you nail Him to His perfection and inability to contradict Himself, and then allow yourselves the capacity to dictate your salvation.
And then, you turn right back around and hold that God contradicts Himself even still- because every time He 'saves' a person who will fall out of grace, that is both justifying wickedness and conflicting His own foreknowledge :doh:

The fact is, you all's theology is just sorry- do you think Calvin was so theologically inferior that he didn't get passed your platitudes? He started at your platitudes, and ended with a Reformation :wave2:

Epoisses

But you believe the Crucifixion wasn't sufficient for the world. That's the problem with you anti-Calvinists, you think that what God ordains can just be nullified and rejected.

The atonement saves everyone it is meant to save. That is God's imputation to the world, which man cannot change or dictate.

Wrong. The crucifixion saved the whole world with everyone in it. All sin was atoned for and Christ lived a perfect life which is credited to every man's account. The world which was dead in Adam has been redeemed in Christ. The fleshly nature is what we inherit from Adam and the spiritual nature is what we inherit from Christ.

Epoisses

Limiting Christ's sacrificial atonement is like neutering the gospel - just don't do it.

God's Truth

Wrong. The crucifixion saved the whole world with everyone in it. All sin was atoned for and Christ lived a perfect life which is credited to every man's account. The world which was dead in Adam has been redeemed in Christ. The fleshly nature is what we inherit from Adam and the spiritual nature is what we inherit from Christ.

WE DO NOT have ACCESS to THAT grace UNLESS we come to God with living faith, faith with obedience.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate - A Man Talking To Himself

Robert Pate - A Man Talking To Himself

Hang on to you pants, there are more to come.
Keep this in mind, Robert:

The forum was overhauled and hundreds of old threads were pruned. Started dozens of threads on pretty much the same subject and not tending to them is going overboard. You actually hurt your side of the argument. While TOL does enjoy Calvinism Versus Open Theism debates, we don't need dozens of poorly tended threads on it. One or two well managed threads would be better.

Your behavior is not going unnoticed. :AMR: Try actually defending what you have already posted in your "articles", versus just repeating yourself in more threads and them moving on to even more threads.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Beware the Double-Minded Person

Beware the Double-Minded Person

It is meaningless to argue doctrines.

Then there is this...

So you disregard Jesus' teaching or commands?
Jesus says to be faithful to Him until end. Why do you disregard?
It is clear by your comment that Jesus is not your Lord.

...It is clear to me that your focus is always about what Calvin teaches.
It is deceitful if you claim to be a Christian. You can be deceitful with civil manner.
Your faith is basically the same as MADists, you both don't focus on what Jesus says or practiced.

You see, this is why doctrine of trinity is man made, using it to persecute true believers.

I guess you are just practicing being meaningless, then? :AMR:

By speaking out of both sides of your mouth, you are making my point (James 1:8):

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nist-threads&p=4948467&viewfull=1#post4948467

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Lon

This issue will you have to take up with Knight as the owner of the site. This is not a Calvinist site and the ownership of this site is not sympathetic to Calvinism. This site has a whole section devoted to Open Theism. I do agree when there is a glut of threads on one subject it does get excessive. This issue is not quite like anti Trinity threads or Urantia threads taking over the site.

I agree. If a tally helps trim in the future, any extra-weight that same-topic threads present, or if this thread helps others in looking up and using it for research or figuring out where people stand, etc. then it accomplishes my reason for making it. It is kind of like TH's Observations thread in that respect. I found it interesting and wanted to start a thread so I could keep tabs on the phenomena. Thank you for your input and I'm open to any mod direction as needed. I appreciate it. Thank you again, Lon

randomvim

As a human father does, who isn't omniscient and makes mistakes.

God decided how He would conduct His will before the foundations of the Earth, and by that He predestined man according to it.

What you all do is make yourselves freer agents than God- you nail Him to His perfection and inability to contradict Himself, and then allow yourselves the capacity to dictate your salvation.
And then, you turn right back around and hold that God contradicts Himself even still- because every time He 'saves' a person who will fall out of grace, that is both justifying wickedness and conflicting His own foreknowledge :doh:

The fact is, you all's theology is just sorry- do you think Calvin was so theologically inferior that he didn't get passed your platitudes? He started at your platitudes, and ended with a Reformation :wave2:

1. A father does not plan out his child's entire life. There is more symbolism in calling God Father than just a source of our creation.
2a. contradictions? but of coarse a god who wants mankind to be with him in eternity will predetermine only a few people will be with him in heaven while others are stuck in hell. doesnt matter what you do on earth, be good or bad, because you were already destined to be where you end up. No greater justice for wickedness then indifference.

2b. foreknowldge is not predestination. God knowing what you claim is a future does not mean God willingly made that future occur.

3. fact is? that phrase itself is redundant. I have not met anyone by the name calvin either so I reserve the ability to keep benefit of doubt for such an individual. And unlike God, you do not know everything, nor can you read my mind. So rather illogical for you to claim what I think. please refrain from such harrasement.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Why do so-called Christians argue so vehemently with each other? Are not the basics the same. Do you not worship the same God but split hairs over small things?

AMR gave you a 'thanks' for that, but the two of you condemn people all the time.

Are you trying to be satirical?

Sometimes you do not even debate, or discuss in any way, you merely say mean and rude things.

randomvim

So you are talking about humanism.

I am not interested in world's ideas.

good day.

Stop guessing what a person is talking about and ask them when a conversation is not clear. However I have been rather clear so stop putting words in my mouth.

No I am not talking about humanism. Im talking about emotions that everyone, including you, have. I would find it rather redundant if you wish to say you never fealt nor acted on emotion.

Reactions: Lon