ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
Your KJVO confuses you. .....

That's why the NIV is a much better translation:

Another one of his deceptive tactics, reflecting his rep on TOL, he employs, when we are picking apart his satanic "doctrine;" If the KJB, (name any version) does not validate/support/agree with his "doctrine," he finds another "the bible" that does, or a particular version's passage that does, or some external source, such as Wiki, Preterism.com, Josephus, Maccabes...................=his "doctrine" determines what the word of God is, and/or what it should say. He is a bible corrector, and correcting any "the bible," presupposes an authority over it. He can "prove" anything, employing this scam.

You deceiving punk. How long have you been in the "Errors Only-ism" cult?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL, this makes sense to me. Your fudge factor forty years can handle any challenge. 37-42.... close enough, eh?

No, not to the second.... but to the YEAR. Or do you think that God is a fudger like you?

I believe Christ Jesus went to the cross in 30AD

The temple was destroyed in 70AD

That's 40 years.

So, now you'll desperately search for something that alleges the crucifixion took place in any year but 30AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How did God use them to destroy Jerusalem, yet destroy them at the same time?

God used the Babylonians to destroy the first temple, then destroyed the Babylonians.

God used the Assyrians to war against the Egyptians, then destroyed the Assyrians.

SaulToPaul 2

God used the Babylonians to destroy the first temple, then destroyed the Babylonians.

God used the Assyrians to war against the Egyptians, then destroyed the Assyrians.

The LORD destroys his enemies at his second coming.
Rome was not his friend. They were not destroyed in 70ad.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes

There are a number of theories for who it could have been.

It may have been Titus, or it may have been a Jewish Zealot that Josephus described named John of Gischala, the son of Levi who Josephus said entered the temple, persuaded the Jews to go to war against Rome, removed the priesthood, and ordered people to death.

Add the above to "theories....It may have been...It gets tricky...I don't know...Doesn't matter.....Why do you care?.....IMO..doesn't really matter that much to me...it could be.....Don't know....."

One of the greatest events in history, and we get this jazzola from the punk.

Danoh

I believe Christ Jesus went to the cross in 30AD

The temple was destroyed in 70AD

That's 40 years.

So, now you'll desperately search for something that alleges the crucifixion took place in any year but 30AD

It appears each side is asserting the other is being dishonest and up to no good.

There is no sorting things out in such an environment.

Personally, Tet, I don't see either side as being either of those. Each has embraced what each has embraced and is now attempting to sway the other, more or less.

Both sides cannot be right; though.

I know one thing; Mid-Acts does not need a fudge factor.

We tend to be rather confident about what we assert. You won't hear or read much "perhaps this" or "maybe that" in our words, as with other schools of thought.

Others may not be neither clear in their views, nor on ours, but we are rather clear in our views.

It is why we have embraced Mid-Acts to begin with. Because we found its' "yea" was/is "yea" and its' "nay" was/is "nay."

Facing that, we embraced it.

Other schools don't have that. Nor are they able to due to their approach - the endless, unneeded conjecture handed down by their predecessors all the way back to the stone age...

For their failure to take the Spirit at His Word in the writings of the Apostle - get this - of the Gentiles (Romans thru Philemon) no matter how much each school, other than Mid-Acts, asserts they have taken OUR Apostle at his word.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know one thing; Mid-Acts does not need a fudge factor.

Don't make me laugh.

I can think of three MADist in this thread who can't even agree which chapter in Acts the alleged beginning took place that your belief system is built around.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We tend to be rather confident about what we assert. You won't hear or read much "perhaps this" or "maybe that" in our words, as with other schools of thought.

Again, don't make me laugh.

Somehow you think that when you tell me with confidence that "soon", "near", "last days", "end of the ages", "time is near", "this", "generation", "culmination of the ages", etc don't really mean what they say, that somehow makes you better.

It makes you look like a fool.

Danoh

Don't make me laugh.

I can think of three MADist in this thread who can't even agree which chapter in Acts the alleged beginning took place that your belief system is built around.

Did I mention others may not be clear on our views but we are?

I thought I did.

Danoh

Again, don't make me laugh.

Somehow you think that when you tell me with confidence that "soon", "near", "last days", "end of the ages", "time is near", "this", "generation", "culmination of the ages", etc don't really mean what they say, that somehow makes you better.

It makes you look like a fool.

We quote Scripture you yell Darby.

You then quote external source after external source; each conjecturing one thing or another. Each asserting they are best guessing.

You have no solid ground.

And you actually have a problem with anyone asserting one free of conjecture.

How do you go day to day with such a crisis of faith?

I said I do not believe you to be a liar.

You return with what is basically an assertion that 2 Tim. 3:16-17 is not possible.

You are blinded by pride and by hate.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Getting back to the beast and false prophet.

John said the following:

(1 John 2:18) Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Paul said the following:

(2 Thess 2:4-7) He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

As we see above, both Peter and Paul are speaking of the same thing.

Peter made it clear that it was "the last hour", and explained why they knew it was "the last hour".

Paul tells his audience that it "is already at work".

john w

Hall of Fame
Don't make me laugh.

1. Vs. Your "Partial Preterism," "Full Preterism"............-can't even agree on?

You hypocrite, actress.

2. A Muslim, Buddhist, Jews, Mormon, Catholic(i.e., a lost person)...................to Craigie:You make me laugh.You Christians can't even agree on.....hundreds of denominations.....Therefore, your belief system is false.

Tellalie:Well, uh, urr, you're desperate, you see, uh, urr.............

You're an embarrassment to Christianity, you spineless punk.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We quote Scripture you yell Darby.

You hardly ever quote scripture. Most of your posts are nothing but psychobabble about how superior you are to everyone else.

You can't even get along with your fellow MADists.

I yell Darby because all of you are in denial. When you acknowledge that your belief system was invented by Darby, and didn't exist before Darby, then I'll stop yelling Darby.

Here, you want a verse, here's one from my previous post:

(1 John 2:18) Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Please tell us how "the last hour" really wasn't the last hour?