ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shouldn't we know who these are, without it getting tricky, and without "in all likelihood"...if it is past and well documented?

I said it was tricky because the Roman army was used by God for God's wrath against the Jews and Jerusalem, and at the same time Titus and the Roman army wanted to kill Christ Jesus and God the Father.

Whether the beast was Nero or Vespasian, and the false prophet was Titus, doesn't really matter that much to me.

I know from the events that took place, that everything Christ Jesus prophesied in the gospels and Revelation did in fact take place from 66AD to 70AD.

I have showed you verses from Rev 16 that were confirmed by Josephus, but you still deny they were fulfilled.

So, no matter what I present to you, you're going to deny it because your only agenda is being right. Like that time Little Johnny W plagiarized something from a Dispy website, got it nominated for POTD, took credit for it, etc.....you still defended him even though he self banned himself out of guilt.

So, I'm happy to discuss what took place in 70AD all you want, but I know your only interest is being right.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many believe that it was 33 AD

Whether is was 28AD, 30AD, or 33AD, it doesn't matter. It was close enough for 40 years from the cross to the destruction in 70AD.

Do you really think the Exodus Generation wandered for 40 years down to the last second? Was David king for 40 years down to the last second? Was Solomon king for 40 years down to the last second?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who did the whole world worship in 70ad?

Caesar

And it wasn't the "whole" world, it was the Roman Empire.

We've been through this before. Your KJVO confuses you. The words "all the world" in the KJV doesn't literally mean the whole world

Example:

(Luke 2:1 KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

All the world literally wasn't taxed when the decree from Caesar Augustus went out. Only those who lived in the Roman Empire.

That's why the NIV is a much better translation:

(Luke 2:1 NIV) In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.

So, "all the world" worshipped Caesar. However, it wasn't literally all the world, it was just the Roman world.

If you disagree, then show us the Mayans of Central America in Caesar Augustus' census and/or that the Mayans paid taxes to Rome.

We need to identify the beast.

Ok, we can try, but probably won't be able to prove it.

IMO, it was Vespasian and Titus was the false prophet.

Danoh

Who did the whole world worship in 70ad?
We need to identify the beast.

Well, um...ur, well, you see the um, "the whole world" well, that's the whole, ROMAN world.

Ready boys - hit it!

O when the Romans,
The Roman army.
O when the Romans
Come marchin in.
O Lord is that you
In their number,
That Tet's delusion
Has you in.

O when the Romans
O when the Romans
The Roman army
The Roman army...

john w

Hall of Fame
Either in 30AD, or some time very near to 30AD.

Translated: Uh, urr, well, I don't know....It gets tricky.....My source material, Hank Hanegraaf, of "The UnBiblical UnAnswer Man" radio show has not taught me the answer to that yet, but it is on in a few minutes, you see, well, uh, urr....

SaulToPaul 2

Translated: Uh, urr, well, I don't know....It gets tricky.....My source material, Hank Hanegraaf, of "The UnBiblical UnAnswer Man" radio show has not taught me the answer to that yet, but it is on in a few minutes, you see, well, uh, urr....

Was Mrs. Mendelbright also one of the Morrison sisters?

john w

Hall of Fame
We know from history that the sign gifts only took place for 40 years, and came to a complete end in 70AD

Who is this "we" know, punk, from history?

Show us this un-physical return documentation, "from history,"of this alleged Saviour, that you say everyone saw, even though this return was not physical.

Right Divider

Body part
Whether is was 28AD, 30AD, or 33AD, it doesn't matter. It was close enough for 40 years from the cross to the destruction in 70AD.
LOL, this makes sense to me. Your fudge factor forty years can handle any challenge. 37-42.... close enough, eh?

Do you really think the Exodus Generation wandered for 40 years down to the last second? Was David king for 40 years down to the last second? Was Solomon king for 40 years down to the last second?
No, not to the second.... but to the YEAR. Or do you think that God is a fudger like you?

Danoh

We know from hiss-story the fat lady sang and the signs stopped, but for some reason I'm hearing the sound track of Chuck Barris' "The Gong Show" - taraht, tat - tat, taraht- tat, taruht...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was he destroyed by the brightness of his coming?

Yes

Who was he?

There are a number of theories for who it could have been.

It may have been Titus, or it may have been a Jewish Zealot that Josephus described named John of Gischala, the son of Levi who Josephus said entered the temple, persuaded the Jews to go to war against Rome, removed the priesthood, and ordered people to death.