ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Peter 2 KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6 KJV

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6 KJV

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21 KJV

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV
(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4 KJV, Lev. 25:23 KJV,Psalms 39:12 KJV, Hebrews 11:13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to " to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5 KJV

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6 KJV"holy people", Deut. 14:2 KJV"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18-19 KJV"peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9 KJV

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6 KJV

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 KJV addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55 KJV, Hebrews 3:5 KJV-the body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6 KJV

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2 KJV), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5 KJV), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4-5 KJV), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28 KJV), but of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 5-7 KJV), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5-6 KJV will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5 KJV, Hebrews 8:4 KJV) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13 KJV, Heb. 1:1 KJV).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2 KJV; Eph. 2:13-18 KJV; Ephesians 3:10-12 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20 KJV),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5 KJV, 1 Cor. 4:1 KJV; 2 Cor. 6:4 KJV, 2 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 1 Tim. 4:6 KJV), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1 KJV), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25 KJV, 2 Tim. 2:3-4 KJV), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3 KJV, Eph. 1:20 KJV; Eph. 2:6 KJV; Philippians 3:20 KJV; Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7 KJV, Ex. 19:5-6 KJV; Ex. 33:16 KJV; Lev. 20:24 KJV; Numbers 23:9 KJV;Deut. 7:6 KJV, Deut. 14:32 KJV, Deut. 26:19 KJV;2 Sam. 7:23 KJV;1 Kings 8:53 KJV;Psalms 106:4-5 KJV, Psalms 135:4 KJV. And there is only one "chosen generation"('race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20-21 KJV, Is. 44:1-2 KJV;Psalms 106:5 KJV.

I know, I know.....You misguided "Bible chopper...cherry picker," MAD wacko John W, as all of the bible is specifically about you, and is directed towards you, and is for your obedience.....We will pray for you........

Cricket...cricket...cricket....

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Two more fat boys chime in.

If only they knew what happened to the skinny lads who knew no good from bad.

:TomO:

DAN P

Two more fat boys chime in.

If only they knew what happened to the skinny lads who knew no good from bad.

:TomO:

Hi and since you do not consider that you are a BLOOTER , you will explain Gal 2:14 , and will you ANSWER , probably not , but only know how to spell FAT , is that it ??

GOOD boy , and are learning FAST !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Last edited:

turbosixx

You tell us what they are not members of so what are they members of?

1 Pt. 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

DAN P

To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Hi and Gal 2:14 tells you that they PRACTICE Judaism , so who are they members of BLOOTER ??:hammer::hammer:

DAN P

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You showed me a thin, or too, Lucy.

Nope.

I told you what you will in no wise believe.

Quite weighty. Have a seat, in the back, Timmy O, Jr.

Take orders from this guy?

Not happenin' for me again.

Isaiah 14:16
They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

turbosixx

Hi and Gal 2:14 tells you that they PRACTICE Judaism , so who are they members of BLOOTER ??:hammer::hammer:

DAN P

That's in a totally different book. Besides, is that all you got to prove they aren't Christians??? Are you telling me you never do things that aren't Christian? If that's how you determine who is Christian then no one is.

If that is your justification, what does this make Paul.
Acts 16:3 Paul wanted this man to go with him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

NOWHERE in scripture are they teaching Judaism after the DBR.

Last edited:

Danoh

1 Peter 2 KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6 KJV

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6 KJV

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21 KJV

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV
(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4 KJV, Lev. 25:23 KJV,Psalms 39:12 KJV, Hebrews 11:13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to " to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5 KJV

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6 KJV"holy people", Deut. 14:2 KJV"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18-19 KJV"peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9 KJV

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 KJV addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55 KJV, Hebrews 3:5 KJV-the body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6 KJV

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2 KJV), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5 KJV), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4-5 KJV), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28 KJV), but of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 5-7 KJV), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5-6 KJV will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5 KJV, Hebrews 8:4 KJV) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13 KJV, Heb. 1:1 KJV).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2 KJV; Eph. 2:13-18 KJV; Ephesians 3:10-12 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20 KJV),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5 KJV, 1 Cor. 4:1 KJV; 2 Cor. 6:4 KJV, 2 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 1 Tim. 4:6 KJV), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1 KJV), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25 KJV, 2 Tim. 2:3-4 KJV), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3 KJV, Eph. 1:20 KJV; Eph. 2:6 KJV; Philippians 3:20 KJV; Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7 KJV, Ex. 19:5-6 KJV; Ex. 33:16 KJV; Lev. 20:24 KJV; Numbers 23:9 KJV;Deut. 7:6 KJV, Deut. 14:32 KJV, Deut. 26:19 KJV;2 Sam. 7:23 KJV;1 Kings 8:53 KJV;Psalms 106:4-5 KJV, Psalms 135:4 KJV. And there is only one "chosen generation"('race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20-21 KJV, Is. 44:1-2 KJV;Psalms 106:5 KJV.

I know, I know.....You misguided "Bible chopper...cherry picker," MAD wacko John W, as all of the bible is specifically about you, and is directed towards you, and is for your obedience.....We will pray for you........

Great post!

"Where does he get those wonderful toys..."

Danoh

From the seven more wicked spirits.

Why do you think they're wonderful?

:think:

Its a line from the 1st Batman movie. The Joker says it just after The Batman's spectacular display of his some of vast arsenal during his entrance, wipe put of The Joker's men and exit.

Besides, it stirred you up; that ought to count for something, lol

SaulToPaul 2

1 Peter 2 KJV

:up:

Not only the most entertaining TOLer of all time, but a great teacher as well.

SaulToPaul 2

Seeking to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, 144000 kings and priests that will inherit the New Jerusalem.

"I go and prepare a place for you."

john w

Hall of Fame
:up:

Not only the most entertaining TOLer of all time, but a great teacher as well.

I try, Mayor. Others might believe in falsifying. I don't believe in falsifying.

This is what we call the deadly game, and I'm in it for keeps,Mayor.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And on the contrary is my inheritance.

Ephesians 1

5 having predestined us to adoption
(adoption-emphasis mine)as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

I was adopted for a purpose and priesthood strangely isn't mentioned.

Ephesians 2

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.