ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

God's Truth

We die to self daily. How do "we" do that? By faithing into Him. Faithing being a "personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender. "We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Jesus. It's 4100, pisteuo in the Greek. We die to self every time we surrender our lives to Him, and back up that surrender with the many decisions we make daily that show God we really have surrendered our lives to Him.

No. We do not die daily. We die once and then raise up to LIVE LIKE CHRIST. We rise up to LIFE.

Paul said he dies daily because EVERY DAY HE IS PREPARED to die BECAUSE his life is in danger from evil people.

lifeisgood

I'm sorry CR. But I've gone over and over this with lifeisgood for quite a long time. I don't reject the blood of Jesus, I just see it differently to others. I've explained what i believe on the trinity thread.

Yes, you have explained in the Trinity thread that you do NOT believe that Jesus' BLOOD saves because:
I can't even think about Jesus suffering like that, it makes me cry.

And that you believe you, marhig, are SAVED by Jesus' life.

However, God say, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 11:26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.

lifeisgood

What sins do you refuse to repent of doing? Those sins will keep you from God.

Make sure that this is really carried out by you perfectly, gt, for this is what you will present as your way to God:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

which you yourself, gt, say you do not.

God's Truth

Yes, you have explained in the Trinity thread that you do NOT believe that Jesus' BLOOD saves because:

And that you believe you, marhig, are SAVED by Jesus' life.

However, God say, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

The errors of those who God were displeased with are AN EXAMPLE TO US, a WARNING TO US!

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 10

Warnings From Israel’s History
10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God's Truth

Make sure that this is really carried out by you perfectly, gt, for this is what you will present as your way to God:

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

which you yourself, gt, say you do not.

You had better be obeying. Tell me, what sin do you think is okay to keep doing?

lifeisgood

The errors of those who God were displeased with are AN EXAMPLE TO US, a WARNING TO US!

You boastfully proclaim that you:

Then you say that you cannot follow what you so boastfully declare you do and demand others follow your example.

Thank you for letting us know that you, gt, are an EXAMPLE TO US, a WARNING TO US, not to follow.

lifeisgood

I'm sorry CR. But I've gone over and over this with lifeisgood for quite a long time. I don't reject the blood of Jesus, I just see it differently to others. I've explained what i believe on the trinity thread.

Translation: CR, yes, I marhig, indeed reject the blood of Jesus for the remission of sins.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I am NOT asking you to admit you are wrong when, in general, you aren't. I suggested you are presumptuous and that based primarily upon traditional understanding that has left the church "flat" in its understanding of what it means to overcome as Jesus did.

If you want specifics from me, I gave them to you. Bare with it in reading it carefully to understand better of what I am driving at that simply saying "We die to ourself everyday by submitting our ives to Jesus without particulars being mentioned except in a very broad sense, wont make the cut when the seeking of intimacy is required.

Why would i engage in particulars when i can't even find anyone who will accept what Faith or Faithing (pisteuo) means. The meaning of saving faith has been completely lost to time.

I can do particulars, i've been surrendering my life to Christ everyday for 30 years. Dying to self is one of my favorite subjects. I could share particulars in depth , but you keep trying to bring the discussion back into the flesh and sin. Flesh and sin aren't remotely interesting to me, thats Gods business, not mine. Thats why the daily surrender is so important. With daily surrendering, we continue to do what we can do, and if that surrender is acceptable, we continue to allow God to do what He can do.

You spoke of intimacy. Tell me, what happens when the Holy Spirit is sealed in us? What does the Mind of Christ feel like, or how does the mind of Christ manifest itself in you? And i'm asking for your personal experience, not a Scripture to hide behind.

Cross Reference

Why would i engage in particulars when i can't even find anyone who will accept what Faith or Faithing (pisteuo) means. The meaning of saving faith has been completely lost to time.

Because there is no such thing as saving faith aside from faith in God and living out life from that persuasion.

I can do particulars, i've been surrendering my life to Christ everyday for 30 years. Dying to self is one of my favorite subjects. I could share particulars in depth , but you keep trying to bring the discussion back into the flesh and sin. Flesh and sin aren't remotely interesting to me, thats Gods business, not mine. Thats why the daily surrender is so important. With daily surrendering, we continue to do what we can do, and if that surrender is acceptable, we continue to allow God to do what He can do.

Well, consider yourself someone quite unique because most of Christendom battles against its flesh. . i.e., full of "eros".

You spoke of intimacy. Tell me, what happens when the Holy Spirit is sealed in us?

Depends on you. He is an enabler and a magic bullet. Intimacy means "Into-me-He sees" and "into-Him-I-see".

"What does the Mind of Christ feel like, or how does the mind of Christ manifest itself in you? And i'm asking for your personal experience, not a Scripture to hide behind.

I don't spam up scripture.

To have the Mind of Christ is a journey in son-ship. One can't begin it until born again. Ya there yet?

Interplanner

I find that people who aren't getting the objective Gospel as well as they should often have to resort to 'techniques' for putting the old man to death. It's not like that in the NT. In the NT, the compelling picture and story of the Gospel is so strong that it simply says 'you died to these things.' Or 'in Him you were made alive to righteousness' in the sense of 'what else could you possible do from now on?'

So anytime I hear about a person struggling with what they are supposed to be doing, I know they are getting a subjective, internalized Gospel that is not historic nor objective nor dealing with the vast issues of sin and justification from it.

Interplanner

I find that people who aren't getting the objective Gospel as well as they should often have to resort to 'techniques' for putting the old man to death. It's not like that in the NT. In the NT, the compelling picture and story of the Gospel is so strong that it simply says 'you died to these things.' Or 'in Him you were made alive to righteousness' in the sense of 'what else could you possible do from now on?'

So anytime I hear about a person struggling with what they are supposed to be doing, I know they are getting a subjective, internalized Gospel that is not historic nor objective nor dealing with the vast issues of sin and justification from it.

Cross Reference

Never is anyone justified from sin. Jesus did not die a cross for you to live in your sins at His expense.