ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

lifeisgood

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save.

Had He not been born, there would be no salvation provided; however, the fact remains that He being born did not save one single person while He was walking on this earth.

And no, He did not save the thief on the Cross while He was alive.

I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

Which you can enjoy when God sees the BLOOD for God said, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

Christ Jesus’ incarnation did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' perfect life did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' not sinning did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' perfect life did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' sufferings did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus’ many incredible miracles did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God
Christ Jesus’ many sermons and sayings did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus’ many incredible healings did Not rent the veil of separation between man and God, etc., etc., etc.

Christ Jesus’ BLOOD on the Cross of Calvary RENT the veil of separation between man and God.

GOD said, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you).

So, what do you believe is the blood on the doorposts of your heart that stops the destroyer entering in, if it's not the life of Christ within, and it's not the natural blood of Jesus from 2000 years ago? what is it?

God say, 'When I see the BLOOD' I will pass over you (save you).

“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were NOT redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But WITH THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1st Peter 1:18,19). Jesus is precious! Jesus’ blood is precious!

Jesus DID NOT merely COVER our sins, He TOOK THEM AWAY forever with His BLOOD.

“Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water” (Hebrews 10:19-22).

“...Unto him that loved us, and WASHED US FROM OUR SINS IN HIS OWN BLOOD” (Revelation 1:5).

“Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did ONCE, when he offered up himself” (Hebrews 7:27). Jesus died and atoned for our sins ONCE. He is not hanging on the Cross like the Catholics present Him and that is why I say many times that I am not talking about the wooden beam.

Jesus died ONCE, He shed His blood ONCE, He applied the Blood ONCE. He said, "—it is finished. “So Christ was ONCE offered to bear the sins of many” (Hebrews 9:28). “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE for all” (Hebrews 10:10).

Now, you can disagree with what God say when God say, 'When I see the BLOOD....' I will pass over you (save you).

marhig

Gotcha!! I would have put it that, as it was with Jesus as He prayed, we have not, as He prayed, resisted as to our sweat becoming as drops of our own blood, as was His experience by the knowledge of the cross set before Him. That is what Paul was inferring." cfMark 8:34 (KJV) for the implications of his words.
Yes, we are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, there's no whitewashing it. If we love God then we will be a willing living sacrifice willing to lay down our lives. Resist temptation, and deny ourselves and Christ by the spirit will give us the strength to overcome once we put our hand to it. When we know it's wrong to to, we should deny it. And once we repent, we shouldn't just carry on doing the same thing and mock God. We should turn from that sin.

I believe that saying that they have not yet resisted unto the shedding of their blood, means that they aren't partaking in Christs sufferings, they aren't laying down their lives and turning away from the lusts of their flesh. They are quite happy saying Jesus has done everything for me and I can live how I like and God doesn't see my sins anymore. Yet the Bible clearly teaches that we are to turn from sin and deny ourselves endure and keep our faith till the end and if we don't bare our cross, Jesus said that were not worthy of him.

CR I have to do what I believe is right before God, and I believe that it's right to obey him and live my life right before him and listen to my conscience and turn from sin. And to do this I need the holy spirit who is teaching me the truth showing my they right way and everything is done through Christ. Without the spirit, I would be still living by the lusts of my flesh, because I wouldn't know any different.

marhig

Paul is saying that Christ Jesus ALREADY did that and we are to trust in the only way that saves — Jesus Christ and His precious BLOOD shed on the Cross of Calvary. That is what saves a person as Paul said ‘For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.’ That is all Paul preached in one way or another. Paul was always pointing the people back to Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

I, lifeisgood, agree with Paul and disagree with marhig.

Now, you, marhig can continue shedding your own blood and see if God will accept your blood and reject the precious blood of His beloved Son.

Remember though that God said, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you).

BTW God is NOT looking for YOUR blood, marhig. God is looking for the BLOOD of His beloved Son on the doorposts of your heart.
You still didn't answer my question, here it is again.

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save. I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

So, what do you believe is the blood on the doorposts of your heart that stops the destroyer entering in, if it's not the life of Christ within, and it's not the natural blood of Jesus from 2000 years ago? what is it?

marhig

Had He not been born, there would be no salvation provided; however, the fact remains that He being born did not save one single person while He was walking on this earth.

And no, He did not save the thief on the Cross while He was alive.

Which you can enjoy when God sees the BLOOD for God said, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

Christ Jesus’ incarnation did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' not sinning did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus' sufferings did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus’ many incredible miracles did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God
Christ Jesus’ many sermons and sayings did NOT rent the veil of separation between man and God.
Christ Jesus’ many incredible healings did Not rent the veil of separation between man and God, etc., etc., etc.

Christ Jesus’ BLOOD on the Cross of Calvary RENT the veil of separation between man and God.

GOD said, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you).

God say, 'When I see the BLOOD' I will pass over you (save you).

“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were NOT redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But WITH THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1st Peter 1:18,19). Jesus is precious! Jesus’ blood is precious!

Jesus DID NOT merely COVER our sins, He TOOK THEM AWAY forever with His BLOOD.

“Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water” (Hebrews 10:19-22).

“...Unto him that loved us, and WASHED US FROM OUR SINS IN HIS OWN BLOOD” (Revelation 1:5).

“Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did ONCE, when he offered up himself” (Hebrews 7:27). Jesus died and atoned for our sins ONCE. He is not hanging on the Cross like the Catholics present Him and that is why I say many times that I am not talking about the wooden beam.

Jesus died ONCE, He shed His blood ONCE, He applied the Blood ONCE. He said, "—it is finished. “So Christ was ONCE offered to bear the sins of many” (Hebrews 9:28). “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE for all” (Hebrews 10:10).

Now, you can disagree with what God say when God say, 'When I see the BLOOD....' I will pass over you (save you).
I'm just on my way out, I'll answer you later. But, Jesus sacrificed his whole life to do the will of God. He didn't just die on the cross!

Cross Reference

Yes, we are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, there's no whitewashing it. If we love God then we will be a willing living sacrifice willing to lay down our lives. Resist temptation, and deny ourselves and Christ by the spirit will give us the strength to overcome once we put our hand to it. When we know it's wrong to to, we should deny it. And once we repent, we shouldn't just carry on doing the same thing and mock God. We should turn from that sin.

I believe that saying that they have not yet resisted unto the shedding of their blood, means that they aren't partaking in Christs sufferings, they aren't laying down their lives and turning away from the lusts of their flesh. They are quite happy saying Jesus has done everything for me and I can live how I like and God doesn't see my sins anymore. Yet the Bible clearly teaches that we are to turn from sin and deny ourselves endure and keep our faith till the end and if we don't bare our cross, Jesus said that were not worthy of him.

CR I have to do what I believe is right before God, and I believe that it's right to obey him and live my life right before him and listen to my conscience and turn from sin. And to do this I need the holy spirit who is teaching me the truth showing my they right way and everything is done through Christ. Without the spirit, I would be still living by the lusts of my flesh, because I wouldn't know any different.

I am sure you could add more to that. However, it is sufficient for me to agree with you; to Amen it!

"I Paul . . . Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church" Colossians 1:23-24 (KJV)

Are you a Pentecostal? Welcome if you are otherwise, I will wait for the other shoe to drop.

Cross Reference

I'm just on my way out, I'll answer you later. But, Jesus sacrificed his whole life to do the will of God. He didn't just die on the cross!

Amen, again! His Life exampled to us was definitely more than being about physical salvation from hell, wasn't it?

God's Truth

Jesus said 'If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow me.' (Luke 9:23-24)

Jesus was speaking of those who would help lay the foundation. See Ephesians 2:20.

I guarantee you, you are not laying a foundation that has already been laid.

John the baptizer was just beheaded, and later we find out that the other foundation workers were killed and when living were close to death constantly.

God's Truth

What in the world do you think your cross to bear is? You are forced to be faithful to your spouse? You are forced to not lie? lol

God's Truth

There are those who helped lay the foundation, and they are the people in whom Jesus says, "Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me." See Matthew 11:6.

That is about a LITERAL DYING because of Jesus! That is about those whose fear is so great during the laying of the foundation...those who are telling the mystery that was hidden...those who knew death was eminent because of this teaching. The fear of death was very real to Peter. Peter fell away because of Jesus, he had the fear of suffering and dying by the hands of others. Jesus said blessed are those who do not fall away on account of me. Jesus blesses those who have suffered physically, even to death. You however, have not even suffered with sin so much as to shed your own blood, yet you THINK THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS CARRYING A CROSS AS JESUS DID!!!

God's Truth

Not intentionally. What have I missed in your question?

To the believer Paul writes: "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:16 (KJV) What do you believe that means from Paul? What is the significance in what he is saying to Pentecostal Christians?

He is keeping it to himself as he ridicules those who have not yet answered.

I have answered and he is desperately trying to disprove what I said, but he cannot.

God's Truth

Yes, the Lord does NOT call upon Believers to go to the Cross and shed their blood, regarding the resistance of sin. Jesus has already done that for us.

It doesn't take the shedding of blood to resist sin!

What in the world is wrong with you?

You keep defending sin.

People preparing for a race go into more strict training than you have done to obey, to give up a sin.

Train ourselves. Work out our salvation.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

God's Truth

You mean like you:
"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

You can't NULLIFY God's words.

What does Paul say? What does one of the layers of the foundation say?

Paul says those who fell in the desert were a warning to us. They did not obey that is why they fell.

God's Truth

Every day.

I wonder how many things did you hear Jesus tell you personally that you need to be reminded of by the Comforter to do.

Not surprising as you have lost your reading understanding glasses.

You cannot answer simple questions about God's Truth, yet you want to be a teacher and a correcter.

God's Truth

GT, do you obey the spirit of God daily? Or do you do what your flesh wants to do?

What do you think? Why do you ask such a question? Do you really think you are DYING daily to the words of God where he HIMSELF says are LIGHT, EASY, and NOT burdensome?

Why do you try to be a teacher when you should have a heart that can be corrected in the truth?

God's Truth

Paul was a person called to help lay the foundation. Paul is the one who risked death daily and had his blood shed. We have people here who have no understanding of God's Truth, and they spend time spreading their ignorance.