Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

And which scriptures tell us how to get faith? Go and find those scriptures.
Good point. Do we have to be honest with ourselves, finding ourselves somehow depraved of the ability to do what is good in our own lives and sincerely call for help from GOD?

Sorry, really just wanted your personal opinion... With scriptural references of course.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Clearly, Paul knew the story better than you do. The warning was for sinners, those in unbelief.

The spiritual food was manna and the spiritual drink was water from the rock. The poison of the serpents referred to the serpent on a pole and those killed were in unbelief. Those who sinned were unbelievers. They entered not in because lack of faith....unbelief. That is the point Paul is making here.

It's spoken of in Hebrews, as well. Actually, if you had read the OT, you'd know this.

The warning was not entering in because of UNBELIEF.

Heb. 4:1-6KJV Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Heb. 4-10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

They didn't enter because they didn't obey!

Joshua 5:6
King James 2000 Bible
For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD swore that he would not show them the land, which the LORD swore unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that flows with milk and honey.

You will not ever see a dead faith as anything good to God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God is speaking to people.

As CS said, He was speaking to the people of Israel...exclusively.

You can't penetrate the period which Paul calls 'time past'. This was a period in which GOD was dealing with only 'the circumcision'. GOD is not talking to you or me, there. The nations/were excluded until the dispensation given to Paul, which he calls 'but now'.

God's Truth

Good point. Do we have to be honest with ourselves, finding ourselves somehow depraved of the ability to do what is good in our own lives and sincerely call for help from GOD?

Sorry, really just wanted your personal opinion... With scriptural references of course.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

If you can't do anything that Jesus says to do, they you will not enter.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

Did you read that?

Do you believe Jesus?

Can you do that? Can you humble yourself?

How about repent of your sins? Can you do that?

Can you confess your sins and say that you no longer want to do any of them?

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you can't do anything that Jesus says to do, they you will not enter.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

Did you read that?

Do you believe Jesus?

Can you do that? Can you humble yourself?

How about repent of your sins? Can you do that?

Can you confess your sins and say that you no longer want to do any of them?

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

The Lord Jesus wasn't talking to you. At that time you were alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and without GOD in the world.

glorydaz

Faith alone preachers need to answer the question, and that question is WHAT do you say we only have to believe? Try to explain that one without mentioning Jesus dying for our sins. Why would ANYONE believe Jesus died for their sins and they not repent of those sins? Nonsense. Who would ever get that Jesus died for sins we have no plan on stopping?

Why would you claim God demands payment for His wonderful (free) Gift of Salvation and Eternal Life?

He freely offered Himself because He wanted us to have LIFE.

The wages of sin is death....even one sin....even that sin you refuse to call a sin...even those sins you don't admit to....even that sin of pride that haunts you so closely. He paid that price and you want to steal some of that glory?

"Well, it may have been a gift, but I paid dearly for it, myself."
"Look at me....I should get some credit. I'm the one who sacrificed so much.
"I'm the one who died daily by turning from the fleshly lusts."
"I obeyed better than them all."

Eph. 2:7KJV
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

God's Truth

As CS said, He was speaking to the people of Israel...exclusively.
God was speaking to people, individuals.

You can't penetrate the period which Paul calls 'time past'. This was a period in which GOD was dealing with only 'the circumcision'. GOD is not talking to you or me, there. The nations/were excluded until the dispensation given to Paul, which he calls 'but now'.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

As for the Gentiles, they could have converted and obeyed God!

ClimateSanity

He was speaking to Israel.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

That doesn't change the fact that God speaks to different groups of people at different times.

The gentiles could have come to the priests of Israel and did as the law required.

God's Truth

Why would you claim God demands payment for His wonderful (free) Gift of Salvation and Eternal Life?
It isn't payment. God gives the gift to those He chooses to give it! God says He gives it to those who believe and obey.

The wages of sin is death....even one sin....even that sin you refuse to call a sin...even those sins you don't admit to....even that sin of pride that haunts you so closely. He paid that price and you want to steal some of that glory?
What don't you get that you have to ask for forgiveness for all those sins you just mentioned you have.

"Well, it may have been a gift, but I paid dearly for it, myself."
"Look at me....I should get some credit. I'm the one who sacrificed so much.
"I'm the one who died daily by turning from the fleshly lusts."
"I obeyed better than them all."
Only a person trying to shame someone for obeying would twist obedience into what you just did.
People who obey God are HUMBLE and they do not speak that way.
You are trying to make what is good bad.
People who do that should fear.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!

Eph. 2:7KJV
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

No one can enter that grace without living faith. Romans 5:2.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

GOD was speaking exclusively to the people of Israel.

All Scripture is 'for' us(for our knowledge).
All Scripture is not 'to' us.
You are reading someone else's mail which is not 'to' you.

In what Paul calls 'time past', which includes Mt-Jn, Gentiles would have to become Jewish proselytes.

That is not the case in the administration that Paul calls the 'but now'.

God's Truth

He was speaking to Israel.

That doesn't change the fact that God speaks to different groups of people at different times.

The gentiles could have come to the priests of Israel and did as the law required.

Go think about how Israel are people, and while you are off thinking, answer all those questions you still have not answered that I asked you.

Tell me why God would have to harden people if they already cannot hear and believe without first being enabled.

God's Truth

GOD was speaking exclusively to the people of Israel.

All Scripture is 'for' us(for our knowledge).
All Scripture is not 'to' us.
You are reading someone else's mail which is not 'to' you.

I what Paul calls 'time past', which includes Mt-Jn, Gentiles would have to become Jewish proselytes.

That is not the case in the administration that Paul calls the 'but now'.

I rebuked you with the Old Testament scripture, just like Paul says I could.

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus wasn't talking to you. At that time you were alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and without GOD in the world.

Jesus was talking to all.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Now tell me how Jesus' words are only life for blood relatives of Abraham?

God's Truth

:chuckle:

You can't get around that one. You can be rebuked by it, taught, corrected, and trained with Old Testament scripture.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

glorydaz

And it's all starts with faith coming by hearing......hearing that is given by God.

Romans 10:17KJV
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

Which is why the Gospel is preached. There is POWER in the WORD OF GOD. The Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation.

Romans 1:16KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.​

Status
Not open for further replies.