Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I think part of what is alarming about this Nicer Than God teaching is the fact that like many groups, the teacher (Enyart) and the followers (The Enyartites) get all wrapped around the axle on one or two teachings, and base a majority of their time and fanaticism on that. Enyartites are all over this "Nicer Than God" thing he's written, and that's nearly all of what is discussed here about Enyart. The Enyartites are not willing to give it up at all. Thus, I think it causes Enyartites to lose focus of the Gospel, because they are so busy trying to learn how to not be nicer than God and put that into practice.

But do we see most of the other great theologians doing this? No. John MacArthur is just focused on the grace of God, and is the most humble Bible teacher I know, and his focus? The whole Bible. He even wrote an amazing study Bible which from firsthand experience I can say is great. Charles Ryrie is a well rounded teacher as well, though he's mainly known for dispensationalism. And even Paul himself, or Peter, the first great Bible teachers, didn't get wrapped aorund the axle about one thing.

A group that gets all wrapped around the axle about one specific teaching that they focus on way to much borders on being a cult. And that is alarming.
There isn't one central point. There are many.

And for some reason people want to decry the mocking, without any reagard to who, or what is being mocked. I know, I use to be one of those people.

Yeah, Mateo, that's right. I used to think Bob was a jackass. I thought that when I started posting here. It was by paying actual attention to Bob, and what he was saying that I realized what he was actually saying. Just like I did with Sozo. Who I also thought was a jackass when I first read his posts. I used to be just like you.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mateo said:
Son, you mock people because you are a lonely, womanless, manchild with a less than ideal upbringing who has no life and whose only outlet for the angst he feels is this website...
I'll let you take up that accusation about my upbringing with my father when he starts posting here. As for my outlet, I speak my mind, no matter where I am, thank you very much.

...that wasn't very nice or edifying was it? But it's the truth... isn't it?...
The answer to both, is no.

...the question occurs to me...will you hear this and be edified?... or was there maybe a better way for me to have approached this subject?
It's a lie, Mateo. What you said is not true. So, yes, there was a better way. And that way is to tell the truth.

Mateo

Lighthouse said:
I'll let you take up that accusation about my upbringing with my father when he starts posting here. As for my outlet, I speak my mind, no matter where I am, thank you very much.

The answer to both, is no.

It's a lie, Mateo. What you said is not true. So, yes, there was a better way. And that way is to tell the truth.

Cool, so then you've got a lady friend now... so tell me, whose the babe?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Of course. I find it difficult to reconcile the two positions (businessman and pastor) in a single person. Both are more than full-time jobs.
It worked for the Apostle Paul.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Mateo said:
I suspect you may have the cart before the horse here. I have the feeling that those that are so inclined gravitate toward The Bob because they already share his ugliness... not because he engendered it in them...
You are probably right. But I'm drawing a parallel. I said it was alarming only because it began to show a few signs of bordering on cultish. But yes, I know many groups follow a man because they already adhere to those teachings. And regardless of which is first, the teaching or the teacher, they get way to wrapped around the axle on this one or two teachings of Mr. Enyart they may lose the fundamentals.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
There isn't one central point. There are many.

And for some reason people want to decry the mocking, without any reagard to who, or what is being mocked. I know, I use to be one of those people.

Yeah, Mateo, that's right. I used to think Bob was a jackass. I thought that when I started posting here. It was by paying actual attention to Bob, and what he was saying that I realized what he was actually saying. Just like I did with Sozo. Who I also thought was a jackass when I first read his posts. I used to be just like you.
You know, Lighthouse, you have a filthy mouth! Show me where it says in the Bible to mock poeple if you can't get through to them, and show me where it says to curse at them. Come on, show me. The Bible I read teaches mockery nowhere, and it teaches us to only speak what can edify, not tear poeple down. Try reading James. Good stuff in there.

You say you mock because there's nothing else to do.....why don't you leave people alone that you can't get through to. Mockery will get you nowhere, and it seems to be causing people to not like you.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You know, Lighthouse, you have a filthy mouth! Show me where it says in the Bible to mock poeple if you can't get through to them, and show me where it says to curse at them. Come on, show me. The Bible I read teaches mockery nowhere, and it teaches us to only speak what can edify, not tear poeple down. Try reading James. Good stuff in there.
God's people did it all the time. Elijah did it with the prophets of Baal. Do you think he was in the wrong? Jesus did it with the Pharisees. Do you think He was in the wrong?

Try reading the whole Bible.:rolleyes:

You say you mock because there's nothing else to do.....why don't you leave people alone that you can't get through to. Mockery will get you nowhere, and it seems to be causing people to not like you.
If they aren't coming ot me, I do leave them alone. And if you want me to leave you alone, don't engage me in conversation. Simple as that.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Zakath said:
For those that live, or have lived, in or around Denver, that makes sense. But for those who do not or have not, it make "membership" little more than an affiliation of the like-minded without much in the way of commitment...

Of course, there are a number of people here who act that way about their religious beliefs too... :think:
One could equate church membership with where the person gives their money. Do these so called "distant members" give their gifts, tithes, and offerings to DBC?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
erinmarie said:
But I think it would go towards vouching for My Enyart's popularity that a teenage girl in Michigan and a young man from PA would feel the same way about "membership" to the DBC...
"My Enyart?" Just out of curiousity what did you mean by that?

The last time a girl said "my [name]" to me they were speaking of that person in a romantic sense.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
ShadowMaid said:
I've been an Acts 9 dispensationalist all my life. :) (Close enough to count at least.)
Turbo still has not explained to me what this is. Perhaps Shadowmaid is willing....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
One could equate church membership with where the person gives their money. Do these so called "distant members" give their gifts, tithes, and offerings to DBC?
Tithing was for Israel. Giving cheerfully to the causes of God is what the Body of Christ should be doing, today.