Why men won't marry you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A good comment on a news story on the topic: "That's because something like 95% of women age 20 to 34 are not marriage material, they bought into the culture of hook-ups, casual sex, serial monogamy, feminism; they no longer care to be wives until they hit their 30s and the party-girl lifestyle no longer rewards them with easy attention from a stable of admirers, but by then they're damaged goods, not fit to be wives and mothers. To change this, women will have to start being women again instead of trying to be men, otherwise, there's no incentive for males to place themselves in the vulnerable legal position that marriage puts them in. Men don't want to marry ex-party girls, men don't want to marry career women, men don't want to marry woman who cuss and have more tattoos and piercings than a sailor; men want to marry women who will make good wives and mothers."

So man whores, men who commit adultery, men who care more about $ and position than their families and in general all sinners - aren't damaged goods too?

Praise God for His love and mercy and forgiveness. Not a one of us would make it without it.

Or made women of weak, abusive or those who fail to protect them,men - learn how to stand up and lead their family that he wont lead.... women dont become the leaders because they want to usually, its because they have to.

There is a reason there are way more women in the church than men.

But im ammused when i see men still trying to throw women under the bus, for their own choices like adam did...who tried to blame her and then even God for making her, instead of repenting of his own failure.

:darwinsm:

OK, I admit that A4T usually has pretty good posts, but this was just too funny to ignore.

What was funny about it?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another perspective on waiting to marry ...

Another perspective on waiting to marry ...

I Do, but Later

From the article:
Marriage delayed carries another big social and personal benefit: it’s cut down the divorce rate. Studies have consistently shown that couples who marry before age twenty-five are more likely to find themselves in divorce court.14 Our own research based on data from the National Fatherhood Initiative Marriage Survey supports this conclusion: women who marry in their early twenties and especially in their teens are significantly more likely to end up divorced than those who marry in their midtwenties or later (see Figure 12 on page 20). Some people conclude that this finding implies that the older a couple is when they marry, the less likely it is that they will split up. This is true, but only up to a point. As divorce insurance, marriage after the midtwenties has diminishing returns.As divorce insurance, marriage after the midtwenties has diminishing returns; a twenty-five-year-old bride is at not much greater risk of splitting up one day than is a thirty-five-year-old bride.15 Still, discouraging early (especially teen) marriage has helped to drive the divorce rate down from its record highs in the early 1980s. At that point, experts estimated that about half of all first marriages were ending in divorce. Since then, the rate has been declining, and experts now put the number at closer to 40 percent.16 In general, couples who wait till their midtwenties or later enjoy more maturity and financial security, both factors that make it easier to sustain a lifelong marriage.

IMJerusha

I Do, but Later

From the article:
Marriage delayed carries another big social and personal benefit: it’s cut down the divorce rate. Studies have consistently shown that couples who marry before age twenty-five are more likely to find themselves in divorce court.14 Our own research based on data from the National Fatherhood Initiative Marriage Survey supports this conclusion: women who marry in their early twenties and especially in their teens are significantly more likely to end up divorced than those who marry in their midtwenties or later (see Figure 12 on page 20). Some people conclude that this finding implies that the older a couple is when they marry, the less likely it is that they will split up. This is true, but only up to a point. As divorce insurance, marriage after the midtwenties has diminishing returns.As divorce insurance, marriage after the midtwenties has diminishing returns; a twenty-five-year-old bride is at not much greater risk of splitting up one day than is a thirty-five-year-old bride.15 Still, discouraging early (especially teen) marriage has helped to drive the divorce rate down from its record highs in the early 1980s. At that point, experts estimated that about half of all first marriages were ending in divorce. Since then, the rate has been declining, and experts now put the number at closer to 40 percent.16 In general, couples who wait till their midtwenties or later enjoy more maturity and financial security, both factors that make it easier to sustain a lifelong marriage.

Men and women of the 20's, 30's, 40's were much more mature by age 21 than today. A lot of that is due to the Depression and WW I & II but also due to the fact that parents taught their kids responsibility, respect and the importance of family.

Quetzal

Men and women of the 20's, 30's, 40's were much more mature by age 21 than today. A lot of that is due to the Depression and WW I & II but also due to the fact that parents taught their kids responsibility, respect and the importance of family.
Do you believe the decline in church attendance is an attributing factor to this? I think there might be a connection.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
mousy.gif
A dirty ho (Pr 30:20, 1 Pet. 3:1–7). :AMR:

Egyptian Dancer Charged With ‘Inciting Debauchery’ *inappropriate images*

See:

Modest is Hottest

”Back When Tim McGraw With Lyrics"

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Do you believe the decline in church attendance is an attributing factor to this? I think there might be a connection.

I believe technological and scientific advance has changed our lives dramatically. Our perspectives have changed. What we value has changed. We don't appreciate our blessings and we've gotten gluttonous. If folks aren't attending church as much as they once were, I would say it's because man has used technology and science to control God...put Him in a box, as it were (as if they could). The reality is that He is constant and we are becoming more and more faithless, more and more arrogant, more and more disobedient. Big surprise, this was all foretold.

genuineoriginal

I Do, but Later

From the article:

I guess that proves that the number one cause of divorce is marriage, after all.
Statistics have shown over and over again that the only thing all divorced people have in common is that they were once married.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So man whores, men who commit adultery, men who care more about $ and position than their families and in general all sinners - aren't damaged goods too?
Those sinners are a minority of men. They are the 20% of the men that the 80% of women are destroying themselves with.

So, no, most men are not damaged goods in the context of marriageable men.

What was funny about it?
"Or made women of weak, abusive or those who fail to protect them,men - learn how to stand up and lead their family that he wont lead.... men dont become the leaders because they want to usually, its because they have to." They aren't allowed to lead by law. And the funny part is that a majority of women got exactly what they wanted (and even funnier is that the remaining minority doesn't get worked up about it)!

"There is a reason there are way more women in the church than men."
Hilarious! It's because they look to other men for leadership see'n as they kicked the husbands out of the home!

"But im ammused..."
So am I; reading things like this.

"... when i see men still trying to throw women under the bus, for their own choices"
And this really set up the joke - your whining above is caused by the choices women made. Sure, men implemented women's desires, but only because they like the control over men women handed them. At the risk of putting 3 exclamation points in one post... Comedy gold!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Misogyny walks hand in hand with men believing they have the right or feel the *need* to tell women what to do.
Telling women what to do is God's protection. Never forget, men want women but women need men.

How horrible. Women do not have to accept less respect or any type of abuse in a marriage. That's just too bad.
There is a reason that God never told men to respect women but love them, and why He told women to respect their male leader but not to love him (except for the passage referring to women loving her man in a physical way). That reason is a matter of authority. Thus, men CAN'T respect a woman, and a woman CAN'T love a man.

I realize this is too deep for you to understand, so you can comment if you like but I won't explain it to you.

Indeed. It's perfectly fine for to be lead off a cliff as long as it's a man doing the leading.
The good news is that most men will love their wives and families and won't lead them off a cliff. And the other good news is that men are usually smarter than their wives and know better than her how to avoid cliffs.

Again, I realize this is above your head. But the reason husbands are smarter than wives is because of hypergamy. That's as far as I'm going to go in explaining this to you.

As we can see ... according to a few, due to gender, men get a free pass.
But they don't. They are the shamed demographic. Men are told to "man up" but women are never told to "mother up" like they should.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or marriage is in decline for the same reason church attendance is in decline: a lot of people entered into both for reasons unrelated to the fundamental purpose, which is to say they did so for social advantage and acceptance, because it was expected. If you wanted to be an upright, trusted businessman or professional and accepted into social circles that could advance your standing then you went to church and, at a certain age, you married.
Yes. But you aren't going far enough. The reason men advanced their standing by being married was because they actually had to be a good person to lead/protect/support a family.

That advantage and expectation no longer being necessarily tied to prosperity or standing, unsurprisingly, it has declined. Now you can see that as a sign of degeneration or consider that people who are left may actually value either institution.
The truth is that a breakdown of the family leads to death of both society and eventually humanity. And a man is the only possible leader, in general, of a family. Thus, once the men are out of the family, there won't be families.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd think people who have learned from mistakes would be terrific and appreciate mates/parents.
That doesn't work with women because the more partners they have the bigger a problem they have with bonding with their husbands. The research is available, and it affects women more than men.

And how do those women differ from the men they're frolicking with?
Beyond the above problem listed, women spend more time getting the attention of high status men and leave the low status men to stew. Thus the reason the number of partners a woman has doesn't line up with the number of women men have because women are only being with the high status men and the high status men go through a lot of them.

When I was stomping about the clover I didn't see a great deal of distinction in behavior. A disparity in treatment doesn't seem kosher.
The disparity of the treatment I give is kosher.

Wouldn't it be better to say both men and women should start being/acting like people who value themselves and others as something more than extensions of their own egos and objects to be used for self gratification?
It would not be better to say. The evil natures of men and women present themselves in different ways. And the current culture promotes the evil nature in women, and does not promote the evil nature in men.

Ex party girls? So you're saying if they start down that road they might as well just ride it all the way out? I don't think that's a great idea.
No, I'm agreeing that the less a party girl a woman is the better she will be as a wife and mother. Thus, the call for women to stop partying in repentance, or never start, and mother up.

Most Christians I know are ex atheists.
So if they start down that road they should ride it all the way out?

And career women are a near necessity in this economy...
Only because women influence this economy for the worse, particularly with the way they vote.

... , unless a woman marries a professional or someone with a good business. Tattoos are just a next generation thing. In mine it was mostly carny folk. :) Then it was football players with boring tribal arm tattoos and girls with ankle tattoos. Then it went flying by in a handbasket. :shocked:

Now my niece, the architect, and most of her friends have one or two. And Harrison Ford has an earring. Go figure. People.
The comment about tattoos was not listed because tattoos on women are bad but because the type of women that get them are party girls.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then ... why do they? Oh I know. Because they are men and since they do not hold themselves to the same standard, they wish to sow their wild oats and then hand pick a woman who didn't.
It would be better for women if this is how things were. But it isn't even the case that men sow wild oats and pick a woman of his choosing (in a way - there is a caveat to this). The fact is that women are the keepers of who they pair up with. The problem is that women who sow their wild oats choose poorly.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Thank you Yorzhik and Elohiym. You have just provided the world with a very clear example of why the divorce rate within the Christian community is higher than in the non-Christian communities.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[T]he current culture promotes the evil nature in women, and does not promote the evil nature in men.

Both genders can choose to be evil (1 Co 6:9-10, Mt 24:37). It takes two to tango.

"1 Co 6:9, 10 This catalog of sins, though not exhaustive, represents the major types of moral sin that characterize the unsaved.

6:9 not inherit the kingdom. The kingdom is the spiritual sphere of salvation where God rules as king over all who belong to Him by faith (see notes on Matt. 5:3, 10). All believers are in that spiritual kingdom, yet are waiting to enter into the full inheritance of it in the age to come. People who are characterized by these iniquities are not saved (v. 10). See notes on 1 John 3:9, 10. While believers can and do commit these sins, they do not characterize them as an unbroken life pattern. When they do, it demonstrates that the person is not in God’s kingdom. True believers who do sin, resent that sin and seek to gain the victory over it (cf. Rom. 7:14–25). fornicators. All who indulge in sexual immorality, but particularly unmarried persons. idolaters. Those who worship any false god or follow any false religious system. adulterers. Married persons who indulge in sexual acts outside their marriage. homosexuals … sodomites. These terms refer to those who exchange and corrupt normal male-female sexual roles and relations. Transvestism, sex changes, and other gender perversions are included (cf. Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5). Sodomites are so-called because the sin of male-male sex dominated the city of Sodom (Gen. 18:20; 19:4, 5). This sinful perversion is condemned always, in any form, by Scripture (cf. Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Rom. 1:26, 27; 1 Tim. 1:10).

6:10 thieves … covetous. Both are guilty of the same basic sin of greed. Those who are covetous desire what belongs to others; thieves actually take it. revilers. People who try to destroy others with words. extortioners. Swindlers and embezzlers who steal indirectly, taking unfair advantage of others for their own financial gain." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1736). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The truth is that a breakdown of the family leads to death of both society and eventually humanity. And a man is the only possible leader, in general, of a family. Thus, once the men are out of the family, there won't be families.

Yes. The father was meant to be the spiritual leader of the family. When this does not happen, the family is destroyed (1 Tim. 4:1–3).

Recommended reading:

Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America by Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[M]en can't respect a woman, and a woman can't love a man."
One in Christ can love (Eze 36:26, 1 Jn 4:7, 1 Co 13:8).

"The good news is that most men will love their wives and families and won't lead them off a cliff."
Mostly (1 Ti 5:8, KJV).
cartman22.gif

"Men are told to "man up" but women are never told to "mother up" like they should."
Tit 2:3-5

Gavin McInnes did recently. Pr 31

Tamara Holder will say she meant nothing by saying "Jesus" (Mt 12:36)--and that will be the point (1 Pe 4:5).

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That doesn't work with women because the more partners they have the bigger a problem they have with bonding with their husbands. The research is available, and it affects women more than men.
I'd be curious about the data. Do you have any links?

I wrote: Wouldn't it be better to say both men and women should start being/acting like people who value themselves and others as something more than extensions of their own egos and objects to be used for self gratification?
It would not be better to say. The evil natures of men and women present themselves in different ways.
That really doesn't run against my suggestion though. I didn't say we are the same, only that we should both behave a certain way.

And the current culture promotes the evil nature in women, and does not promote the evil nature in men.
I think you're just about as wrong as you can be there. From what I see the culture is actively promoting a narcissistic hedonism across genders.

No, I'm agreeing that the less a party girl a woman is the better she will be as a wife and mother. Thus, the call for women to stop partying in repentance, or never start, and mother up.

So if they start down that road they should ride it all the way out?
Your division made you misapprehend my point:

Ex party girls? So you're saying if they start down that road they might as well just ride it all the way out? I don't think that's a great idea. Most Christians I know are ex atheists.​

See? I'm saying that your notion appears to condemn ex party girls to life without the possibility of more and I don't care for it BECAUSE, by way of example, most of us were the moral equivalent, were sinners in need of a turnaround.

Only because women influence this economy for the worse, particularly with the way they vote
An economy and culture still dominated by men.

The comment about tattoos was not listed because tattoos on women are bad but because the type of women that get them are party girls.
I think that way of thinking reflects your generational understanding. I get that. In my day it wasn't far removed, but it isn't the same now.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ex party girls? So you're saying if they start down that road they might as well just ride it all the way out? I don't think that's a great idea. Most Christians I know are ex atheists.​

See? I'm saying that your notion appears to condemn ex party girls to life without the possibility of more and I don't care for it BECAUSE, by way of example, most of us were the moral equivalent, were sinners in need of a turnaround.

An economy and culture still dominated by men.

I think that way of thinking reflects your generational understanding. I get that. In my day it wasn't far removed, but it isn't the same now.

Exactly ... this is the major contributing factor. The need to complain and have an expectation of women that men are unwilling to hold themselves to.

Who seeks out *party girls*? Party guys.