Why men won't marry you

1PeaceMaker

Men may no longer wish to marry because courts have equalized the playing field.

Is that your assertion?

Why do you assume it's men driving the trend, and not women who want to marry later and have babies in their thirties and forties, after a career has been established?

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Glad to hear it.

Agreed. Respect is a two way street, not dependent on gender.

Wrong. Responding to misogyny is not misandry.

Indeed ... there is certainly a lot of that going around.

Already made ... if you see yourself in anything that has been stated, that is your issue, not mine.

:chuckle: Being that I have been under the same ID for over seven years, being cowardly isn't my issue. Nor is paranoia.

Now then ...

I can go ahead and sum up this thread in one statement:

Men may no longer wish to marry because courts have equalized the playing field.

Responding to misogyny? What was misogyny? By whom? What makes it misogyny?

elohiym

I can go ahead and sum up this thread in one statement:

The courts have not equalized the playing field, and women can lose a lot in divorce, too.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't think respectable means much these days to a great many people, or it has been conflated with successful. Or maybe it always was for a lot of people and once the expectation of church and marriage were no longer integral to the notion of public success they stopped being meaningful to those same people. It would seem to follow.

"Success is living God's will each day. Failure is succeeding in the wrong things." ~ Adrian Rogers

Do right. Risk the consequences (Enyart). 2 Co 7:2

Last edited:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
A lot of reading attitude into text? Yes, communication is difficult without that ability. It is a normal trait. Autistics and a few others lack this ability. Are you autistic or just being indirect again thinking sarcasm is the best way to communicate?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Marriage isn't for everyone, and there's nothing wrong or immature about recognizing this fact. It's a form of maturity, to resist "what everyone should do", and not enter into a marriage for which one is ill-suited. At worst, you only ruin your own life, while an inadvisable marriage can ruin two.

"I'd rather be a kid and play with paper planes, than be a man and play with a woman's heart." ~ Niall Horan

paper_plane2.gif

elohiym

A lot of reading attitude into text? Yes, communication is difficult without that ability. It is a normal trait. Autistics and a few others lack this ability. Are you autistic or just being indirect again thinking sarcasm is the best way to communicate?

Several regular members on this forum do have Asperger syndrome. Others here suffer from PTSD, chronic depression and worse. Apparently some have baggage from relationships that ended badly. It does effect communication unfortunately.

elohiym

Man finds joy the same way he always has (Matt. 13:44).

Amen. Still, the world's idea of success is a moving target. For some, what others perceive as their success is just smoke and mirrors.

Matthew 13:44 was a good choice. I was thinking several verses from Ecclesiastes.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
NOTICE that Women are extremely fearful But MEN are NOT Fearful but Brave.

Do women like pussycats because they are Scard-y-cats too?

Now you know why MEN RULE THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FEEEARRRFFFUULL.

This entire post is nothing more than bull. Is your ego so fragile that you fear strong independent women? Trust me it says much more about you than women.

"An habitation giddy and unsure Hath he that buildeth on the vulgar heart." ~ Shakespeare Matt. 19:5, 1 Pe 3:7

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

Why do you assume it's not? And really, what difference does it make. ADULTS should wait until they are ready to marry, even if it's later in life.

It changes the debate completely if it's women driving the trend.

Plus, while no one would disagree with your last statement, it's completely subjective, when we are talking about adults.

1PeaceMaker

Thought so.

And to be fair, I'm sure other things play into this trend, too. http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jan/21/record-levels-young-adults-living-home-ons

(also authored by a woman)

while some may be willing to start a family in their parents' homes, others prefer to wait, and those who don't might not be officially married but still together all the same.
The ONS data showed that people were most likely to live with their parents in their early 20s, with 49% of 20- to 24-year-olds in the family home, compared to 21% of 25- to 29-year-olds, and 8% of 34-year-olds – and it is the percentage of the youngest age group that has increased most noticeably, rising from 42% in 2008.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nothing quite like blowing up a small segment of the male population to gargantuan size to obfuscate a real paranoid fear feminism instills in women that causes real and damaging problems to marriage at large.

Wow, did i hit a nerve, i didnt realize i "blew up" anyone other than men who are weak and refuse to lead their families/wives. Does that apply to you?

I think I see why you embrace Christianity.
I think i see someone who is a poor psychic, don't give up your day job. I embrace Christianity because I embrace truth and didn't need anyone to tell me what that is, and my self esteem comes from God, not a man.

That bothers you badly i see. But since you aren't my husband (yes i have one and hes wonderful) you are a little too concerned about me.

You use it to justify your attitude toward marriage and men.
Isn't it strange how i am married since you claim thats my "attitude". My my, how did i manage to get a man... Are you married?

Men do lead their families by and large.
Yes, good men do, by example, not by being a boss and telling others what they can do, while they don't follow their own "leadership". (like weak, poor excuses for men do)

Some women don't like where they are being lead to

Like the poorhouse, the emergency room or the psych ward...

just like Israel grumbled under moses leadership......but you forgot that because it doesn't support what you want.
I dont forget them, i see a full 360 view and not a 180 that only favors myself, and blames everything on everyone else.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Nothing quite like blowing up a small segment of the male population to gargantuan size to obfuscate a real paranoid fear feminism instills in women that causes real and damaging problems to marriage at large.
Wow, did i hit a nerve, i didnt realize i "blew up" anyone other than men who are weak and refuse to lead their families/wives. Does that apply to you?

"Ouch." ~ E.T. :alien: When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways (1 Co 13:11). :popcorn:

”Man Meat The Office"