Why men won't marry you

Arthur Brain

A good comment on a news story on the topic: "That's because something like 95% of women age 20 to 34 are not marriage material, they bought into the culture of hook-ups, casual sex, serial monogamy, feminism; they no longer care to be wives until they hit their 30s and the party-girl lifestyle no longer rewards them with easy attention from a stable of admirers, but by then they're damaged goods, not fit to be wives and mothers. To change this, women will have to start being women again instead of trying to be men, otherwise, there's no incentive for males to place themselves in the vulnerable legal position that marriage puts them in. Men don't want to marry ex-party girls, men don't want to marry career women, men don't want to marry woman who cuss and have more tattoos and piercings than a sailor; men want to marry women who will make good wives and mothers."

You think A4T's latter post was funny and yet you expect this crap to be taken seriously?

:AMR:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Or made women of weak, abusive or those who fail to protect them,men - learn how to stand up and lead their family that he wont lead.... women dont become the leaders because they want to usually, its because they have to.

There is a reason there are way more women in the church than men.

But im ammused when i see men still trying to throw women under the bus, for their own choices like adam did...who tried to blame her and then even God for making her, instead of repenting of his own failure.

Nothing quite like blowing up a small segment of the male population to gargantuan size to obfuscate a real paranoid fear feminism instills in women that causes real and damaging problems to marriage at large. I think I see why you embrace Christianity. You use it to justify your attitude toward marriage and men. Men do lead their families by and large. Some women don't like where they are being lead to just like Israel grumbled under moses leadership......but you forgot that because it doesn't support what you want.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excellent article. Feminism has made women extremely fearful of having a man tell her what to do.

Misogyny walks hand in hand with men believing they have the right or feel the *need* to tell women what to do.

That is what the article said was women's contribution to the decline in marriage.

How horrible. Women do not have to accept less respect or any type of abuse in a marriage. That's just too bad.

Or made women of weak, abusive or those who fail to protect them,men - learn how to stand up and lead their family that he wont lead.... women dont become the leaders because they want to usually, its because they have to.

There is a reason there are way more women in the church than men.

Indeed. It's perfectly fine for to be lead off a cliff as long as it's a man doing the leading.

But im ammused when i see men still trying to throw women under the bus, for their own choices like adam did...who tried to blame her and then even God for making her, instead of repenting of his own failure.

As we can see ... according to a few, due to gender, men get a free pass.

Nothing quite like blowing up a small segment of the male population to gargantuan size to obfuscate a real paranoid fear feminism instills in women

Uh oh. Here come's the "it's always the evil feminist argument". Nothing like holding men up to the same standard. :think:

that causes real and damaging problems to marriage at large. I think I see why you embrace Christianity. You use it to justify your attitude toward marriage and men. Men do lead their families by and large. Some women don't like where they are being lead to just like Israel grumbled under moses leadership......but you forgot that because it doesn't support what you want.

Unless you have been here previously, you don't know enough about Angel to know what her *attitude* is toward marriage and men. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Men don't want to marry ex-party girls, men don't want to marry career women, men don't want to marry woman who cuss and have more tattoos and piercings than a sailor; men want to marry women who will make good wives and mothers."

Then ... why do they? Oh I know. Because they are men and since they do not hold themselves to the same standard, they wish to sow their wild oats and then hand pick a woman who didn't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"That's because something like 95% of women age 20 to 34 are not marriage material, they bought into the culture of hook-ups, casual sex, serial monogamy, feminism; they no longer care to be wives until they hit their 30s and the party-girl lifestyle no longer rewards them with easy attention from a stable of admirers, but by then they're damaged goods, not fit to be wives and mothers.
I'd think people who have learned from mistakes would be terrific and appreciate mates/parents. And how do those women differ from the men they're frolicking with? When I was stomping about the clover I didn't see a great deal of distinction in behavior. A disparity in treatment doesn't seem kosher.

To change this, women will have to start being women again instead of trying to be men,
Wouldn't it be better to say both men and women should start being/acting like people who value themselves and others as something more than extensions of their own egos and objects to be used for self gratification?

Men don't want to marry ex-party girls, men don't want to marry career women, men don't want to marry woman who cuss and have more tattoos and piercings than a sailor; men want to marry women who will make good wives and mothers."
Ex party girls? So you're saying if they start down that road they might as well just ride it all the way out? I don't think that's a great idea. Most Christians I know are ex atheists. And career women are a near necessity in this economy, unless a woman marries a professional or someone with a good business. Tattoos are just a next generation thing. In mine it was mostly carny folk. :) Then it was football players with boring tribal arm tattoos and girls with ankle tattoos. Then it went flying by in a handbasket. :shocked:

Now my niece, the architect, and most of her friends have one or two. And Harrison Ford has an earring. Go figure. People.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Feminism has made women extremely fearful of having a man tell her what to do. That is what the article said was women's contribution to the decline in marriage.

mousy.gif
Yes. They fought to be treated like whores :sibbie: and now they are treated like whores. :BRAVO: Ro 1:26

Related:

Dirty Old Dave

Pro-Choice-Protest-in-Dublin-2011.jpg

”Back When Tim McGraw With Lyrics"

OCTOBER23

------------------------------

NOTICE that Women are extremely fearful But MEN are NOT Fearful but Brave.

Do women like pussycats because they are Scard-y-cats too ?????

Now you know why MEN RULE THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FEEEARRRFFFUULL.
========================================================

OCTOBER23

serverdove said, dirty h

Proverbs 30:20 This is the way of an adulterous woman:
She eats and wipes her mouth,
And says, “I have done no wickedness.
-----------------------------------------

What does she have on her face that she has to wipe her mouth.

Is it Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream ???????

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or marriage is in decline for the same reason church attendance is in decline: a lot of people entered into both for reasons unrelated to the fundamental purpose, which is to say they did so for social advantage and acceptance, because it was expected. If you wanted to be an upright, trusted businessman or professional and accepted into social circles that could advance your standing then you went to church and, at a certain age, you married.

That advantage and expectation no longer being necessarily tied to prosperity or standing, unsurprisingly, it has declined. Now you can see that as a sign of degeneration or consider that people who are left may actually value either institution.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Proverbs 30:20] "What does she have on her face that she has to wipe her mouth...?
"Pr 30:18–20 Hypocrisy is illustrated by 4 natural analogies of concealment: 1) an eagle leaves no trail in the air; 2) a slithering snake leaves no trail on the rock; 3) a ship leaves no trail in the sea; 4) a man leaves no marks after he has slept with a virgin. These actions are all concealed and thus serve to illustrate the hypocrisy of the adulterous woman who hides the evidences of her shame while professing innocence." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 920). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Lying Eyes ~ The Eagles

525px-RemoveRedLipstick-Step-1.jpg

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Or marriage is in decline for the same reason church attendance is in decline: a lot of people entered into both for reasons unrelated to the fundamental purpose, which is to say they did so for social advantage and acceptance, because it was expected. If you wanted to be an upright, trusted businessman or professional and accepted into social circles that could advance your standing then you went to church and, at a certain age, you married...

Many want to appear respectable but they don't want to be respectable. Mt 23:27, Jas 2:18

See:

Edited notes Empty Words/Empty Hearts by John MacArthur

Last edited:

Sitamun

------------------------------

========================================================
This entire post is nothing more than bull. Is your ego so fragile that you fear strong independent women? Trust me it says much more about you than women.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be better to say both men and women should start being/acting like people who value themselves and others as something more than extensions of their own egos and objects to be used for self gratification?

It would be logical, honest, fair, etc... unless of course, the actual agenda is to paint women as the only gender at fault.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many want to appear respectable but they don't want to be respectable. Mt 23:27, Jas 2:18
I don't think respectable means much these days to a great many people, or it has been conflated with successful. Or maybe it always was for a lot of people and once the expectation of church and marriage were no longer integral to the notion of public success they stopped being meaningful to those same people. It would seem to follow.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Misogyny walks hand in hand with men believing they have the right or feel the *need* to tell women what to do.

How horrible. Women do not have to accept less respect or any type of abuse in a marriage. That's just too bad.

Indeed. It's perfectly fine for to be lead off a cliff as long as it's a man doing the leading.

As we can see ... according to a few, due to gender, men get a free pass.

Uh oh. Here come's the "it's always the evil feminist argument". Nothing like holding men up to the same standard. :think:

Unless you have been here previously, you don't know enough about Angel to know what her *attitude* is toward marriage and men. :think:
. I can read. Her attitude comes in loud and clear. Misandry. I don't have to know someone to see attitude in text. As for the rest of your post...did you have a point or a claim to make? All I see is sarcasm and innuendo. Are you too cowardly to come out and make a direct accusation?

elohiym

Like Deborah the judge of Israel?

Do men generally dislike cats?

No, men do not rule the world. Some men think men rule the world. If they believe the Bible, they will have to get in line for that job, behind the beast, the dragon and the Lord.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
. I can read.

Glad to hear it.

Her attitude comes in loud and clear.

Agreed. Respect is a two way street, not dependent on gender.

Misandry.

Wrong. Responding to misogyny is not misandry.

I don't have to know someone to see attitude in text.

Indeed ... there is certainly a lot of that going around.

As for the rest of your post...did you have a point or a claim to make? All I see is sarcasm and innuendo.

Already made ... if you see yourself in anything that has been stated, that is your issue, not mine.

Are you too cowardly to come out and make a direct accusation?

:chuckle: Being that I have been under the same ID for over seven years, being cowardly isn't my issue. Nor is paranoia.

Now then ...

I can go ahead and sum up this thread in one statement:

Men may no longer wish to marry because courts have equalized the playing field.