Nation's food supply chain is breaking

God's Truth

Oh, the democrats were responsible for a shortage of loo rolls?! :rotfl:

I wasn't kidding but there's little point in expecting reason from people who just adulate this guy so you carry on. He's great!

You are the one who, like the Democrats say Trump didn't sound serious enough---even though he stopped China from coming here way back in January.

But later, after the Democrats finally stopped just saying Trump was just prejudiced---THEY STARTED LYING and saying Trump wasn't taking it serious enough---and they themselves caused the panic, and IT IS WHY there is a toilet paper shortage.

NOW TELL ME WHEN BORIS stopped travel from CHINA to the UK.

Waiting...

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
That is not true. Trump stopped China from coming to America in January.

The ignorant Democrats made it hard for people to find toilet paper because of their PANIC TACTICS.
Trump banned flights from China on February 3 but allowed incoming international flights from Italy to New York which served as the "backdoor" for the pandemic!

Both Italy (January 31st) and the United States banned flights from China at an early date, but instead of taking further action, they assumed that they had created a "firewall" to contain COVID-19 pandemic and unfortunately let down their guard!

The CDC, an agency of the Trump Administration, bungled the creation of the US version of COVID-19 testing which prevented health authorities from recognizing that America was still vulnerable through its "backdoor" allowing international flights from Italy to New York - the nation has yet to recover from that delay in testing!

Are you kidding? Trump is a hero compared to what your leader did.
The real heroes are America's "essential workers" whose jobs were made infinitely more difficult by a President who chose to remain in a state of denial until March 9th!

Initially, the UK strategy was to follow a variation of the Swedish "herd immunity" model, but its leadership grew alarmed that the rapid increase in COVID-19 cases would overwhelm the healthcare system and then attempted to switch over to the more conventional "Stay At Home" approach!

Arthur Brain

You are the one who, like the Democrats say Trump didn't sound serious enough---even though he stopped China from coming here way back in January.

But later, after the Democrats finally stopped just saying Trump was just prejudiced---THEY STARTED LYING and saying Trump wasn't taking it serious enough---and they themselves caused the panic, and IT IS WHY there is a toilet paper shortage.

NOW TELL ME WHEN BORIS stopped travel from CHINA to the UK.

Waiting...

He wasn't serious enough, it's as simple as that. He didn't stop international flights from coming in and was claiming that cases would go down to zero when they were still "relatively" low and claiming things were under control. They weren't as became patently obvious. Nobody's lying about this and I've already acknowledged that the UK could have handled things better but you just seem to think that Trump is great no matter what.

eider

He wasn't serious enough, it's as simple as that. He didn't stop international flights from coming in and was claiming that cases would go down to zero when they were still "relatively" low and claiming things were under control. They weren't as became patently obvious. Nobody's lying about this and I've already acknowledged that the UK could have handled things better but you just seem to think that Trump is great no matter what.

I think it's a waste of time debating with tribal rightists.
But I was interested in your post before this one, and realised that, yes indeed, we did switch suddenly to knee-jerk the country in to a condition of stay-at-home ....... just like that. I remember that McDonalds were still serving food at car-drive-throughs until the lockdown was announced with 24 hours notice. I had not purchased a McDonalds in years but was at the drive-through early the next morning to buy a 'breakfast wrap'.

We were late on lots of 'stuff'. In late February I had mentioned to the surgery reception staff, and the local retailers, and the garages, that acrylic screens could be erected to protect counter staff. Nah! Nothing like that happened for 6 weeks! Yeah.... we were slow in all kinds of ways.

Arthur Brain

I think it's a waste of time debating with tribal rightists.
But I was interested in your post before this one, and realised that, yes indeed, we did switch suddenly to knee-jerk the country in to a condition of stay-at-home ....... just like that. I remember that McDonalds were still serving food at car-drive-throughs until the lockdown was announced with 24 hours notice. I had not purchased a McDonalds in years but was at the drive-through early the next morning to buy a 'breakfast wrap'.

We were late on lots of 'stuff'. In late February I had mentioned to the surgery reception staff, and the local retailers, and the garages, that acrylic screens could be erected to protect counter staff. Nah! Nothing like that happened for 6 weeks! Yeah.... we were slow in all kinds of ways.

It is indeed but not always...;)

Britain was too late on certain issues and a lockdown should have been enacted sooner. As much I hate the restrictions they should have been in place sooner and pubs, clubs, public gatherings should have been shut down before they were. It's pointless requesting that people avoid going to their local pub because that isn't going to work etc.

Just look at Brazil right now and their moron of a "leader". He almost makes Trump look like a semi human being...

eider

It is indeed but not always...;)

Britain was too late on certain issues and a lockdown should have been enacted sooner. As much I hate the restrictions they should have been in place sooner and pubs, clubs, public gatherings should have been shut down before they were. It's pointless requesting that people avoid going to their local pub because that isn't going to work etc.

Just look at Brazil right now and their moron of a "leader". He almost makes Trump look like a semi human being...

How are Brazil's stats looking?
That bloke is also in denial over global-warming and deforestation etc, isn't he?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nation's food supply chain is breaking

This pandemic is revealing the degree to which access to medical care and testing is being rationed in America based on ethnicity and socio-economic status!

NBA teams can have their entire team and staff tested but even at this late date Nebraska has no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in their prisons because the Republican Governor, in his infinite wisdom, had decided not to test prisoners - guards, however, showing the symptoms get tested!

The line staff in meat processing are immigrants are afraid to complain about the lack of PPEs, so the health authorities ignore them until conditions have become so horrendous that plant after plant is being forced to shut down, creating a break in the food chain!

Although immigrant workers and prisoners are at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, the CONVID-19 doesn't remain with them, but continues to spread into the broader community, where the more prominent members of society feel threatened!

Just as COVID-19 silently entered New York through the "backdoor" from Italy because no testing was available, the meat packing plants and prisons in the Mid-West who were largely ignored, became the hot-spots of the pandemic, spreading the virus to their families and the general population before anyone recognized the threat!

Last edited:

God's Truth

You are fake news. Trump handled things faster than the UK.

The liberals caused panic and it is why people started hording toilet paper and food.

God's Truth

Trump banned flights from China on February 3 but allowed incoming international flights from Italy to New York which served as the "backdoor" for the pandemic!

Both Italy (January 31st) and the United States banned flights from China at an early date,
You just said February and now you say January.

but instead of taking further action, they assumed that they had created a "firewall" to contain COVID-19 pandemic and unfortunately let down their guard!

The CDC, an agency of the Trump Administration,

The CDC isn't an agency of the Trump Administration.

You are full of error.

bungled the creation of the US version of COVID-19 testing which prevented health authorities from recognizing that America was still vulnerable through its "backdoor" allowing international flights from Italy to New York - the nation has yet to recover from that delay in testing!

The real heroes are America's "essential workers" whose jobs were made infinitely more difficult by a President who chose to remain in a state of denial until March 9th!

You are goofy.
Initially, the UK strategy was to follow a variation of the Swedish "herd immunity" model, but its leadership grew alarmed that the rapid increase in COVID-19 cases would overwhelm the healthcare system and then attempted to switch over to the more conventional "Stay At Home" approach!

You are a slanderer with a lot of false information.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You just said February and now you say January.
Italy banned flights from China on January 31st, America did the same on February 3rd!

The CDC isn't an agency of the Trump Administration.

You are full of error.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the leading national public health institute of the United States. It is a United States Federal Agency under the Department of Health and Human Services and is headquartered in Atlanta , Georgia.

The director serves at the pleasure of the President and may be fired at any time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...and_Prevention

Last edited:

eider

Wow! The Beeb hasn't mentioned him......
Meanwhile the Beeb is reporting that President Trump has claimed that he has evidence that the coronavirus spread from a Wuhan Laboratory, despite US Intelligence services reporting the opposite.

That should please Trumpophiles ........ they can scream about something as they howl that this is all lies.

God's Truth

I know the difference, and no one is speaking legally here. Libelous is a law term. Relax, I'm not saying anyone should be sued.

Let's pretend that jgarden actually says in his voice to others what he says here.

When we discuss on this site, it is not as if we are writing a journal or a paper; anyway, it is more like we are 'chatting'.

God's Truth

Wow! The Beeb hasn't mentioned him......
Meanwhile the Beeb is reporting that President Trump has claimed that he has evidence that the coronavirus spread from a Wuhan Laboratory, despite US Intelligence services reporting the opposite.

That should please Trumpophiles ........ they can scream about something as they howl that this is all lies.

Do you know what the US Intelligence has been doing to Trump and others?

Do you like illegal and immoral people in high places? Is that what you are for?

I am glad we have a President that knows there can be dishonest people everywhere, even in the US Intelligence.

God's Truth

They are both "law terms" and you constantly use the wrong one here.

You a lawyer?
I'm just using Bible terms.
Can you show me 'libel' information from God in the Bible?
You are speaking libelous things about me, unless you can prove I "constantly" do something?

God's Truth

Italy banned flights from China on January 31st, America did the same on February 3rd!

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the leading national public health institute of the United States. It is a United States Federal Agency under the Department of Health and Human Services and is headquartered in Atlanta , Georgia.

The director serves at the pleasure of the President and may be fired at any time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...and_Prevention

You read too much fake news.

Trump stopped people from coming from China in January.

Each State has their own CDC. YOU SAID the CDC is Trump's Administration, as if he chose everyone in it. You know you don't know what you are talking about, and you don't even understand what Governors in America are and how they have responsibilities too.

Right Divider

Body part