GUNS!

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mum? That actually explains the inability to defend yourself. It isn't about a hobby, but we certainly treat it as such.

That's cool. But here, it is completely illegal to own a gun. There are permits but only very special stuff like armed forces, a few police and a few highly regulated clubs.
Around here, we really don't need to defend ourselves as there is no gun culture. We are allowed to use reasonable force against burglars with other items to hand. Air rifles are allowed though and on private land you can shoot fowl with those double barrelled blunderbus thingies. We had an air rifle for a while to shoot rats but it wasn't very successful. So we got cats instead. That did the trick very well. We get lots of pheasants too in the area so I guess that would be worthwhile shooting if you could when they stray into your garden. I'd prefer a bow and arrow though as I suspect it would be cleaner. And far less noisy. Here, you are rarely far away from a town or village and noise or stray bullets could be a problem.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That's cool. But here, it is completely illegal to own a gun. There are permits but only very special stuff like armed forces, a few police and a few highly regulated clubs.
Around here, we really don't need to defend ourselves as there is no gun culture. We are allowed to use reasonable force against burglars with other items to hand. Air rifles are allowed though and on private land you can shoot fowl with those double barrelled blunderbus thingies. We had an air rifle for a while to shoot rats but it wasn't very successful. So we got cats instead. That did the trick very well. We get lots of pheasants too in the area so I guess that would be worthwhile shooting if you could when they stray into your garden. I'd prefer a bow and arrow though as I suspect it would be cleaner. And far less noisy. Here, you are rarely far away from a town or village and noise or stray bullets could be a problem.
If there were a way to guarantee that a government would never attack its citizens, I could entertain the argument for limiting civilian access the firearms.

Christ's Word

If there were a way to guarantee that a government would never attack its citizens, I could entertain the argument for limiting civilian access the firearms.

That will never work:

1. Criminals want guns

2. Smugglers are smarter than cops

3. Governments kill way more people than criminals

4. Politicians / criminals know smugglers of guns.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That will never work:

1. Criminals want guns

2. Smugglers are smarter than cops

3. Governments kill way more people than criminals

4. Politicians / criminals know smugglers of guns.
If there were a way to guarantee that another government would never attack American citizens, I could entertain the argument for limiting civilian access the firearms.

Doormat

That won't happen until they are beaten into plowshares.

Isaiah 2:4 ...They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks.

Micah 4:3 They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks.

Joel 3:9-10 Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare a war; rouse the mighty men! Let all the soldiers draw near, let them come up! Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man."

Quantrill

If there were a way to guarantee that another government would never attack American citizens, I could entertain the argument for limiting civilian access the firearms.

Then you would be a fool. Because the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our own government. Not a foreign one.

Quantrill

whitestone

Then you would be a fool. Because the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our own government. Not a foreign one.

Quantrill

bingo it is a guarantee(warranty) written by our fore fathers with great expectation of the day we would need "the right",,,,

whitestone

:first: Post of the Day!

j.F. Kennedy said "and so, my fellow Americans-ask not what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and his grandchildren wrote on the back of his tombstone,,"ask not of the many things you have done for your country,ask if it is doing anything for you",,,,,,,,

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I myself am going to insist that the New Earth be absolutely loaded with all kinds of cool firearms.

I don't know about you . . . . :)

:Grizzly::AoO::CRASH:

I am not sure what the millennial reign will be like on a day to day basis, but as long as I can have a pork chop, I will be ok.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been reading some good reviews on the Catamount Fury 12ga."Saiga Pattern" It doesn't have as many upgrade options as the Saiga so far but I hear it has a real nice trigger, last round hold open, and the mags go in a little easier. I saw one sell on Gunbroker today for $400 including the tactical stock!

pix544555460.jpg

JosephR

I have been reading some good reviews on the Catamount Fury 12ga."Saiga Pattern" It doesn't have as many upgrade options as the Saiga so far but I hear it has a real nice trigger, last round hold open, and the mags go in a little easier. I saw one sell on Gunbroker today for $400 including the tactical stock!

pix544555460.jpg

part AK,part shotgun,how could you go wrong :)

JosephR

Sig combined the best parts of the AK and AR in a carbine. At least that is what some people think. I think it looks quite useful in a zombie invasion.

Sig Sauer 556

You can also get the AK in 410 gauge. I saw that...a decade or two ago.

my ak I built. I think I will take pics and post here,,if I can figure out how.. it serves so many purpose's.. for me it takes the place of a hand gun,shotgun and rifle,assault rifle..

I am just so proud of it tho cause I built it myself :)

let me try and get some pics.

edit for the explanation of hand gun and shot gun, It does not completely fill the role of a hand gun,but when the side is folded it comes close.. No I cannot put it in my pocket but it is small enough to put in the home where most hand guns are kept,and can be shot at close range with one hand if needed,

The shotgun part is the knockdown power and intimidation factor, it is true the racking of a 12 ga,will deter most ppl with any sense or love of there life, but the racking of the AK comes real close to this :)

I keep full metal jacket rounds in it, I can shoot thru the wall, any body Armour or disable your vehicle.So I like that aspect. True a hollow point makes a bigger exit wound. But when hit with any 7.62 as long as you hit it I think the effect is just as effective :)

So to me it is the all around gun to own.

Last edited: