My Ignored List

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I never make judgments on individual Roman Catholics state of grace. I do challenge the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church quite vigorously.

Doctrines challenged reveal the spiritual state of individuals, every time, by how the individuals respond to your judgments.

Right?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Doctrines challenged reveal the spiritual state of individuals, every time, by how the individuals respond to your judgments.

Right?
Calvinism is a wrong doctrine. It makes God directly responsible for every detail of every evil act. You hold to that doctrine. That does not mean that I automatically conclude that you are not saved simply because your doctrine does not comport with scripture. Your, anybodies, state of grace is something that is entirely between them and God. I cannot judge your heart, no man can judge your heart, only Jesus can know what is in your heart.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
For Christ also pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell upon me. 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that through patience and through comfort of the scriptures we might have hope. 5 Now the God of patience and of comfort grant you to be of the same mind one with another according to Christ Jesus: 6 that with one accord ye may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7

Posted from the TOL App!

glorydaz

We cross a line when we call a child of Satan brother.

We don't know their final outcome, but we are able to judge the state they are in now. I have a duty to do so and will do so as long as I am under His authority.

I have a neighbour who apperd at my door 6 years ago. He just stood there and then said, ''I'm like you now''! I said ''what""?

Like you he said, ''I'm a Christian now!''
I asked him who told him he was a Christian and he said the pastor in the ABC Ifion!

I told him this. Go back down there and tell him, he knows who I am' that (my name) says he's a liar. because you are not a Christian. He wasn't and he isn't…period.
Would you have me give that man a false security? That would be as disgusting a thing as I have ever heard of.

Nang said:
but I think Truster perhaps was objecting to a cleric selling easy believism, which of course is rampant these days, everywhere.

I'm just about to make a judgement.

Nang saw and understood what my motivation was.

Now based on the fact that we know we can only understand if understanding is given to us. What conclusion can we draw from this?

Simply that those who could not see have something wrong with their spiritual eyesight…blind.

And don't make the mistake of thinking its just a matter of agree or disagree, because it is most certainly not.

But blessed - your eyes; for they observe: and your ears; for they hear.

Nang "saw what your motivation was".....ah, those blessed eyes that see what no one else can see....Truster's "motivation." That's pretty funny since you have told me, in no uncertain terms, that I am unconverted and an atheist....the same as the man in your "story." I'm sure I'm not the only one who can SEE your "motivation" is to exalt yourself and slander others. This has nothing to do with "easy believerism" as Nang contends while she supports you in your hypocrisy.

Shame on you, Nang, for being so blind to this deceiver. :nono:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvinism is a wrong doctrine. It makes God directly responsible for every detail of every evil act. You hold to that doctrine. That does not mean that I automatically conclude that you are not saved simply because your doctrine does not comport with scripture. Your, anybodies, state of grace is something that is entirely between them and God. I cannot judge your heart, no man can judge your heart, only Jesus can know what is in your heart.

I learned years ago, through a harsh correction and conviction by the Holy Spirit indwelling, to never judge another human being reprobate or curse an enemy to hell. I was severely put in my place as not knowing the eventual and eternal fate of others. That is Judging that is not allowed by sinners, for any unbeliever today, may by the grace of God, be a brother tomorrow. Who am I to know?

However, evaluation of the actual spiritual state of those who profess to believe and serve the gospel of Jesus Christ is another matter. I am morally and spiritually responsible to stand against any false doctrines and erroneous teachings that are meant to harm or lead astray the lambs of God. As a regenerate believer, I am to be an under-shepherd of the little flock, because of Who dwells in me.

Nang

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

I never thought about it (ur 2nd sentance) that way. I guess that's a fair accusation.

Posted from the TOL App!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I never thought about it (ur 2nd sentance) that way. I guess that's a fair accusation.

Posted from the TOL App!

Well, you shouldn't think about it. It is a wrong accusation.

It makes God directly responsible for every detail of every evil act.

This statement by CM is a misrepresentation of the Reformed faith.

Man is directly responsible and accountable for sin and death and all the resultant evils brought forth in this world.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Man is directly responsible and accountable for sin and death and all the resultant evils brought forth in this world.

Woman ( :) ) how then is God sovereign over all?

Posted from the TOL App!

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Your statement directly contradicts the Westminster confession:

Chapter III

Of God's Eternal Decree

I. God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass;[1] yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin,[2] nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.[3]

The confession says that God decreed everything (meaning absolutly everything) that happens. This means that God unchangeably decreed every single detail of the most vile crime you can imagine. According to Nang, He then holds you accountable for something you have no say whatsoever in.

It is a paradox set up by the Calvinist faith wherein they proclaim that God unchangeably ordains all that happens including that you will be held responsible for that which God gave you no choice in.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Your statement directly contradicts the Westminster confession:

Chapter III

Of God's Eternal Decree

I. God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass;[1] yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin,[2] nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.[3]

You missed the qualifier in the above:

yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin,

The confession says that God decreed everything (meaning absolutly everything) that happens. This means that God unchangeably decreed every single detail of the most vile crime you can imagine.

Yes.

According to Nang, He then holds you accountable for something you have no say whatsoever in.

This would be so, if Adam was not created and immediately put under the Law, which clearly defined what Adam was responsible and accountable to do . . . which was to walk in holiness and obey God's good commands.

Reformers do NOT deny human responsibility.

You are confusing our faith with fatalistic philosophy . . .

It is a paradox set up by the Calvinist faith wherein they proclaim that God unchangeably ordains all that happens including that you will be held responsible for that which God gave you no choice in.

Incorrect. False accusation. Misrepresentation. Study needed.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Contradictory statement. Basically what it boils down to is that God unchangeably ordains everything but blames you for it. Let me ask you a hypothetical: say you drive your car into a pond to intentionally drown one of your grandchildren.

• Did God unchangeably ordain that you would drive your car into the pond?
  • Can you choose not to drive your car into the pond?
  • Are you responsible for making the choice to drive your car into the pond?
Yes.

This would be so, if Adam was not created and immediately put under the Law, which clearly defined what Adam was responsible and accountable to do . . . which was to walk in holiness and obey God's good commands.

• Did God unchangeably ordain that Eve would eat the fruit?
  • Did God unchangeably ordain that Eve would tempt Adam?
  • Did God unchangeably ordain that Adam would eat the fruit as well?
  • Did Adam or Eve have the ability to choose not to eat the fruit?

Functionally, you do, regardless of what you claim.

There is no difference if you hold to Chapter 3 of the Westminster.

So you assert. Now prove it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Yes.

What law nang?

The mosaic law was for Israel only. Adam is not Jewish.

Posted from the TOL App!

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Please Lord let me be the first one to point this out, although I severely doubt it.

The thread title is "My Ignored List"

You see, he made a mistake because it should have really been "My Ignore-List" or even "My Ignore List"

But now, he's created a self-fulfilling prophecy, because nobody cares about his list, and it is actually now: An _Ignored_ Ignore List

If that was the original trick (yeah right) then Truster is a genius.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Contradictory statement. Basically what it boils down to is that God unchangeably ordains everything but blames you for it. Let me ask you a hypothetical: say you drive your car into a pond to intentionally drown one of your grandchildren.

• Did God unchangeably ordain that you would drive your car into the pond?
  • Can you choose not to drive your car into the pond?
  • Are you responsible for making the choice to drive your car into the pond?

• Did God unchangeably ordain that Eve would eat the fruit?
  • Did God unchangeably ordain that Eve would tempt Adam?
  • Did God unchangeably ordain that Adam would eat the fruit as well?
  • Did Adam or Eve have the ability to choose not to eat the fruit?

Functionally, you do, regardless of what you claim.

There is no difference if you hold to Chapter 3 of the Westminster.

So you assert. Now prove it.

Definitely needing some kind of defense because God is not the author of evil. I believe the truth lies in God allowing the fall to happen but it is not explained as to how He limited His infinite sovereignty when this took place and how it did. We don't need to know. Calvin couldn't live with the suspense I guess so he did what he concluded to be logical. Unfortunately what may seem logical to him is not biblical.

Posted from the TOL App!

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Please Lord let me be the first one to point this out, although I severely doubt it.

You see, he made a mistake because it should have really been "My Ignore-List" or even "My Ignore List"

But now, he's created a self-fulfilling prophecy, because nobody cares about his list, and it is actually now: An _Ignored_ Ignore List

Nailed it!

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Definitely needing some kind of defense because God is not the author of evil. I believe the truth lies in God allowing the fall to happen but it is not explained as to how He limited His infinite sovereignty when this took place and how it did. We don't need to know. Calvin couldn't live with the suspense I guess so he did what he concluded to be logical. Unfortunately what may seem logical to him is not biblical.

Posted from the TOL App!
Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

dreadknought

Nailed it!
Ah, capable of judging intent of the heart. Thank you both. It is a blessing to me to see who speaks from the flesh, and who does not.

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"