you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

Then what makes your assurance just a "hope" - a "might be"?
Because we can fall, if we lust after the flesh again and love this world before God, there are many who say that they are saved and live to the contrary. Being saved isn't just saying so, you'll see it I the life of those who are being saved, they will be branching out and baring fruit and Christ will be seen in them.

Those who walk in the Spirit and belong to Christ are being saved by the Holy Spirit daily, but we are to endure to the end, deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus, and partake in the sufferings of Christ to the end, and keep our faith, Jesus said that those not willing to take up their cross are not worthy of him. Many fall, some even turn atheist, are they still saved? Only God can judge. We just speak the truth and have hope for all. But not all who say they are saved, are saved, you'll see who's truly saved by their lives. They are those who are last in the world and don't care for the ways of the world, but are blessed by God and have the power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus and they will be overcoming the flesh as they walk in the Spirit and live by the will of God.

God's Truth

If you know Jesus or not is not your place to judge. You maybe deceived.

Just look at yourself. I give you scripture where Jesus says, "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

But you say "no" to that. Jesus says that KNOWING HIM IS ETERNAL LIFE, but you say no to Jesus.

So if I know Jesus, then I have eternal life.

You say I blasphemy and usurp Jesus' authority, and you say I have a false salvation....you are the false judge and hypocrite.

God's Truth

If you know Jesus or not is not your place to judge. You maybe deceived.

The people here that say they are saved and you are not---you are just like them, a false judge and condemner.

They are deceived because they go against what Jesus says about obeying him. And you are deceived because you are a hypocrite and don't know the scriptures well enough. You yourself don't obey as you should. You even say Paul is condemned. Jesus says don't judge a chosen of his. You don't obey even that.

glorydaz

What? They are clear verses from the apostle Paul to say that we have hope of eternal salvation, meaning we don't have eternal salvation yet.

Proving once again, that the natural man cannot understand things of the Spirit.

Biblical Hope is not "wishful thinking", and if you ever managed to read the Bible with understanding, you'd know that. Study up on the word HOPE before you start telling me what Paul means by the word.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you mock Jesus and this is a defense?
Nope, you mock Jesus and His obedience and righteousness that saves, always wanting to add the righteousness and obedience of ANOTHER besides the one.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

That one still ain't you.

glorydaz

Because we can fall,

"We can fall", you say?

Thank God we are not the ones performing the work in us.

Our confidence is NOT to be in ourselves.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

We are not victims of our own weaknesses, as you perpetually whine....boasting in your carrying of your cross. No, we are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM. We are HIS workmanship. He is the potter and we are the clay. Get over yourself, Miss Clay.

Romans 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you see this clear verse, "saved" Christians?

According to this verse, you cannot be sure of your salvation.

His followers have the hope of eternal life.

So you guys are delusioned.

This is the most clear and simple verse of salvation that no one can twist it.
Your reading is still out of context with many of Jesus' words.

God's Truth

Nope, you mock Jesus and His obedience and righteousness that saves, always wanting to add the righteousness and obedience of ANOTHER besides the one.

You sure are mocking Jesus.

You claim we don't have to repent of sins or perish because Jesus told someone not to tell and it was not time.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jesus obeyed so that we have him to obey and save us.

Where do you ever that Jesus dying means we don't have to obey God anymore?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You sure are mocking Jesus.

You claim we don't have to repent of sins or perish because Jesus told someone not to tell and it was not time.

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jesus obeyed so that we have him to obey and save us.

Where do you ever that Jesus dying means we don't have to obey God anymore?
Still relying on the wrong one I see.

Others will not be so blind as you, and will rely only on the righteousness and obedience of the correct one.

(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God's Truth

Still relying on the wrong one I see.

I am relying on Jesus' words. He is the words of God.

Others will not be so blind as you, and will rely only on the righteousness and obedience of the correct one.

Jesus obeyed so that we have someone to obey.

(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

God's Truth

If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Doesn't sound at all like Jesus is going to nullify all he said with his death.

Just the opposite.

God puts the whole universe under him and makes him the one to obey.

nikolai_42

Because we can fall, if we lust after the flesh again and love this world before God, there are many who say that they are saved and live to the contrary. Being saved isn't just saying so, you'll see it I the life of those who are being saved, they will be branching out and baring fruit and Christ will be seen in them.

Those who walk in the Spirit and belong to Christ are being saved by the Holy Spirit daily, but we are to endure to the end, deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus, and partake in the sufferings of Christ to the end, and keep our faith, Jesus said that those not willing to take up their cross are not worthy of him. Many fall, some even turn atheist, are they still saved? Only God can judge. We just speak the truth and have hope for all. But not all who say they are saved, are saved, you'll see who's truly saved by their lives. They are those who are last in the world and don't care for the ways of the world, but are blessed by God and have the power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus and they will be overcoming the flesh as they walk in the Spirit and live by the will of God.

Does that persevering to the end prove what was always true or does it make it true?

The famous passage in Hebrews 6 has this statement :

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Hebrews 6:9

If their salvation were dependent on their own perseverance (after all God had done in Jesus Christ and by giving the Holy Spirit) then they would have no ground upon which to be persuaded that the Hebrews to which they wrote were not of the class of those that turn away. So there is an element of foreordination that can't be denied and that goes beyond a person's own work. All the things you mentioned are necessary in salvation, but the ground upon which they are had is not self-effort. It is of Christ or it is of no one.

I also note that they speak of being persuaded of better things that accompany salvation. If I read that correctly, the things that accompany salvation are fairly distinct and do not indicate false belief. Yes...it is only made clear with time, but in the end if someone is persevering so they can be saved (as oppposed to persevering in the work of God), that is a mark of unbelief. The one persevering already has that secure hope of salvation at the end so they aren't running the race just so they don't fall away - they are running to build up (add rewards to?) the salvation that has already been provided for (and in) them by God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am relying on Jesus' words.
The word of GOD says:

You don't rely on that at all, but are always attempting to add your own in there.
You reject the one in favor of adding your own, thus changing scripture to include two instead of one.
820.gif
Bad, GT, bad.

God's Truth

The word of GOD says:

You don't rely on that at all, but are always attempting to add your own in there.
You reject the one in favor of adding your own, thus changing scripture to include two instead of one.
820.gif
Bad, GT, bad.

There is no such gospel as, "Good news, no more obeying". Or, "Good news, obeying is to do nothing".

Or, "Satan is outsmarted; God says only believe and condemnation to those who believe and obey".

Or, "Forget about all those things that God has said; now obey no more".

Status
Not open for further replies.