You Be The Judge--A TOL Contest!

Crow

BTW, there's been a change in the mode of submission. I'm going to post a link to PM submissions to, just in case anyone might be tempted to "borrow" from someone else's work. When submissions close, we'll post them so that everyone can read them.

logos_x

Crow said:
BTW, there's been a change in the mode of submission. I'm going to post a link to PM submissions to, just in case anyone might be tempted to "borrow" from someone else's work. When submissions close, we'll post them so that everyone can read them.

This answers a question I was going to ask.
Good solution!

Thanx Crow!

Chileice

Lovejoy said:
I agree with Shimei, go for it. The worst that can happen in that they disagree with you. At that point, though, your point will already be communicated. At the very least, the contest should have an entry or three that are dissenting opinions, you know?

Well... I did it. I went ahead and sent one in.

Justin (Wiccan)

Crow said:

Oops! I already sent my submission to the link in the OP (your PM box). Is that OK, and did it arrive OK?

Justin

Chileice

I sent mine in in three parts. It looks like it went to turbo. Do you know if it was all received? Do you get a copy too, Crow?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chileice said:
I sent mine in in three parts. It looks like it went to turbo. Do you know if it was all received? Do you get a copy too, Crow?
I got it. I'm about to distribute it.

Lovejoy

Chileice said:
Well... I did it. I went ahead and sent one in.
Good for you! I am trying to pull one together, but it is so difficult to do in-between my real projects. Hopefully...

Husband&Father

Death Penalty? Who said anything about the death penalty?

Death Penalty? Who said anything about the death penalty?

Chileice said:
It's a nice gesture, but I am quite sure that no matter how I would argue from scripture, the panel of judges would probably reject me out of hand, knowing that I oppose the death penalty. But... I might give it a shot anyway.

First of all this is not a death penalty case. The fact that YOU bring up the death penalty when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand shows that you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to that subject.

But since you brought it up, rejection of the death penalty is rejection of scripture. However, that fight is for a different thread.

This case is a matter of defining self defense by biblical standards then attempting to discern whether or not the standards were adhered to.

Chileice

Husband&Father said:
First of all this is not a death penalty case. The fact that YOU bring up the death penalty when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand shows that you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to that subject.

But since you brought it up, rejection of the death penalty is rejection of scripture. However, that fight is for a different thread.

This case is a matter of defining self defense by biblical standards then attempting to discern whether or not the standards were adhered to.

I am and was well aware of that when I turned in my submission. What I was afraid of is that my well-documented stand against the death penalty would color the judges' decisions when reading my work. I was just hopeful it wouldn't. Now it is really a moot point because it is turned in anyway. I never dealt with the death penalty in the submission. And I surely don't see how I could have a "chip on my shoulder" about the death penalty. That is just a silly comment :baby: from someone who knows little or nothing about me.

Any way, good luck in the contest. Hope we hear something soon. It should make for some great debate once we can read each other's posts.