Yom Kippur

RBBI

Tell me Beameup, did Jesus know about this revelation of yours that Mosaic Judaism ceased to exist in 70 ACE when the Temple was destroyed? I am asking because, in a parable of his about the Richman and Lazarus, he said that to escape hell-fire, one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) This is only obvious that Mosaic Judaism did not cease with the destruction of the Temple. I see that rather the truth is that Mosaic Judaism got into an expanding phase after the destruction of the Temple. If you, somehow, have the sacrifices in mind which indeed ceased to exist with the destruction of the Temple, let me add that the sacrifices only multiplied the spiritual problems of Israel. BTW, if you read Jeremiah 7:22, the Prophet revealed a secret to many in Israel even today that HaShem had never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. HaShem allowed them because Moses used of Pichuach Nephesh to make the Exodus possible to happen. But, if you ask me, the sacrifices caused more evil than good to Israel.

Would you mind explaining to me how Moses used Pichuach Nephesh? Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
the Temple will be rebuilt and true Mosaic Judaism will be reinstituted prior to Messiah's return.

The only thing stopping it is suicide bombers, mortar rounds, rockets and nuclear-armed missiles.

There will be no "temple" built before Jesus reveals himself.

beameup

The only thing stopping it is suicide bombers, mortar rounds, rockets and nuclear-armed missiles.

There will be no "temple" built before Jesus reveals himself.

You obviously haven't been "paying attention" and are oblivious to the current situation.
The entirety of the "City of David" is in Israeli control. The muslims can keep their "mount".
The Tribulation Temple is mentioned by Paul's Thessalonians and John's Revelation and in Daniel.
The single event that will trigger the Day of the LORD will be the abomination in the Holy-of-Holies.

beameup

Give me a break. No temple and that's it. Won't happen.

:readthis:
Jesus: When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand ) - obviously you don't "understand". :hammer:

Matthew 24:15
Mark 13:14

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
obviously you don't "understand".

Obviously you don't understand.

Jesus said, "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ’ and will deceive many."

Many have come using Jesus' name claiming "I am the Christ." Not the person of Christ but the authority of Christ. These men have deceived many.

Where is the holy place since Christ's resurrection? In Jerusalem? Nope, guess again.

Who do you think took away the daily sacrifices? (Hint: it wasn't the North Koreans)

OK, the Babylonians took them away once, but it wasn't them.

Who could it be?

beameup

Jesus said, "Take heed that no one deceives you."

Who do you think took away the daily sacrifices? OK, the Babylonians took them away once, but it wasn't them.
Who could it be?

Romans (70 A.D.)... do I get a prize?

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasia first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the TEMPLE of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2 Thes 2:3-4 circa 53 A.D.

Obviously you are unlearned in the New Testament Pauline Epistles.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand (or sit) in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandnd) - Matthew 24:15

Ben Masada

Would you mind explaining to me how Moses used Pichuach Nephesh? Peace

Be my guest RBBI. Pichuach Nephesh is a spiritual allowance in Judaism to break a commandment when another has become more important in the sense of an emergency. For instance, we are allowed to kill someone else in self defense of our own life or the life of another.

Okay, Israel had spent 430 years in Egypt watching daily how the Egyptians offered their sacrifices and that they became aware that the system of animal sacrifices, even of the firstborn of humans was very common among the nations.

The Lord had commanded Moses to go back to Egypt to freed the people and bring them into the Promised Land. It is very obvious that there was nothing the people of Israel wanted the most than a religion with sacrifices just like all the other nations. And sacrifices were not in the agenda of Moses. An insurrection in the very beginning would be the last thing Moses counted with. He soon realized that the Exodus would be made impossible if he kept his agenda without sacrifices. So, he added the sacrifices as Pichuach Nephesh by copping a pagan system in order to make possible what Moses had been commanded to do: To take the people from Egypt and back into the Promised Land. The Lord agreed, though not with the sacrifices but with Moses and the idea to have a religion just like all the religions in the world, made Exodus possible. The evil was done. After a few months in the desert, the first insurrection with the golden calf cost the lives of thousands of Israelites. And the thing went on until Prophet Jeremiah revealed the secret that the Lord had never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jeremiah 7:22) But even then, it was too late. The Jews went into exile in Babylon and the sacrifices continued when they returned. The only solution was to destroy the Temple which has kept us without sacrifices for about 2000 years by now.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.​

The Spirit of God dwells in a temple not made by hands.

Jesus said to let the reader understand the abomination of desolation. Can a human be an abomination?

"For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God." (Jesus)

This was said about the Pharisees so it should be taken in a religious context.

Ben Masada

The purpose for building the Third Temple in Jerusalem is to reinstate the sacrifices and animal sacrifices.

And I believe that's the reason why it has taken so long for it to be rebuilt. Perhaps it is not the will of God that it be rebuilt. If it is so, Prophet Jeremiah will be proved right that the Lord indeed never commanded that sacrifices were to be part of the religion of Israel. I do wish the Temple to be rebuilt but as the mother of all the synagogues throughout the world with the purpose to teach Judaica to all the world in a university level. A place of Yeshivas for the whole world to learn Judaism.

TweetyBird

You obviously haven't been "paying attention" and are oblivious to the current situation.
The entirety of the "City of David" is in Israeli control. The muslims can keep their "mount".
The Tribulation Temple is mentioned by Paul's Thessalonians and John's Revelation and in Daniel.
The single event that will trigger the Day of the LORD will be the abomination in the Holy-of-Holies.

There is no temple mentioned in Thess - well, in one's imagination, I suppose ....:idea:

TweetyBird

Jesus: When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand ) - obviously you don't "understand". :hammer:

Matthew 24:15
Mark 13:14

That was done and over with, finis, when the Temple was destroyed in 70AD. Jesus is the only Temple, Forever, without end, infinitely.

TweetyBird

Romans (70 A.D.)... do I get a prize?

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasia first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the TEMPLE of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2 Thes 2:3-4 circa 53 A.D.

The key words are "as God", worshiped like God was worshiped in the Temple.The text is not saying someone is going to stand in the third temple and call himself God.

TweetyBird

The temple in Rev is Jesus Christ. He is the one and only Temple, forevermore.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No temple mentioned there, other than a reference to the former. If you get a third temple out of that verse, it takes a whole lot of reworking of the entire Bible.

But, it wasn't a reference to 'the former'. The second temple was still standing when Paul wrote to the Thessalonians. Whether it be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd, a reference to the site is a reference to GOD's promise to Solomon that His eyes and heart would be there perpetually.

TweetyBird

But, it wasn't a reference to 'the former'. The second temple was still standing when Paul wrote to the Thessalonians. Whether it be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd, a reference to the site is a reference to GOD's promise to Solomon that His eyes and heart would be there perpetually.

The temple standing was actually the 4th. It was Herod's Temple, not Solomon's. Jesus is the temple - when He raised Himself up from the grave. Remember what He told the disciples?

John 2
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Last edited:

beameup

That was done and over with, finis, when the Temple was destroyed in 70AD. Jesus is the only Temple, Forever, without end, infinitely.

God gives very specific architectural details, in Ezekiel chapter 41, about a Temple that has, as yet, never existed. God devotes 8 chapters in Ezekiel (40-48) to this topic, including the animal sacrifices, in great detail.

"Afterward he brought me to the TEMPLE, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, and six cubits broad on the other side, which was the breadth of the TABERNACLE." - Ezekiel 41:1 and following

TweetyBird

God gives very specific architectural details, in Ezekiel chapter 41, about a Temple that has, as yet, never existed. God devotes 8 chapters in Ezekiel (40-48) to this topic, including the animal sacrifices, in great detail.

"Afterward he brought me to the TEMPLE, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, and six cubits broad on the other side, which was the breadth of the TABERNACLE." - Ezekiel 41:1 and following

Ez was written [600BC) before the Temple was restored and the walls of Jerusalem rebuilt around 500BC (Nehemiah and Ezra]. That was the "third temple" which fell again during the during the reign of Greece 325BC. They desecrated the Temple - destroyed most of it - enter the Maccabees. They rebuilt some of it, rededicated it [hence hanukkah, but was originally called the Feast of Fire - no 8 day miracle of oil - that legend was added by the Talmud] and re-instituted the sacrificial system and the priesthood by their own appointments. The last brother, Simon [the others has all died in wars], elected himself as High Priest and King over Israel. Later, Herod was put in as King by Rome - he was not eligible - not from the line of David and cursed - he was half Edomite]. The temple was completely renovated by Herod, known as Herold's Temple - the actual 4th temple - destroyed 70 AD by the Romans. There will never again be a Temple made with hands. Jesus is the only Temple, forevermore without end. That section of history in a nutshell :)