Yes, this is 'graceandpeace'.

NewDay

Welcome Back:)

I hope you encourage professed to be Christians to be faithful to Jesus with our sction, and not lip serving and misrepresenting Jesus. We can encourage in wrong way too like enabling to stay the way we are with no fruit for the Lord with our witnessing.

Someone has to receive the Spirit, before they can hear the Spirit. There is no need to try to force love on the loveless, but I will encourage the unbelievers, through that same love. That means being a light of what love is.

NewDay

G&P,

Please forgive me for calling you G&P, I am so used to it. I hope you dont mind.

I know there are tons of people claiming to be encourager but what they really mean is that they are majority pleaser. I hope you are not going to be that. If that is what you mean, it is not progressing, friend.

That is not encouraging, it is enabling. There is a huge difference between them.

Yes, I know.

NewDay

It is my opinion that Newday aka G&P hasn't really had a change of heart. She displays classic passive aggressive behavior which she uses to create drama on the board. The drama of the passive agressive is charted by psychotherapist Dr. Stephen Karpman. The triangle consists of three ineffective, passive-aggressive responses to conflict.

Persecutor...................................... Rescuer

Victim
G&P has played all three of these roles on TOL. She has mostly been a persecutor with her lashings she has given other posters. She was playing the victim when she closed out her G&P account. Now she is playing the rescuer with this new account with her fuzzy warm posts and her defense of certain members. This cycle will none-the less repeat. That is why I am not overly enthusiastic about her return.

you would say that, but I love you anyway.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Passive aggressive... I'm not buying your act.

NewDay

Yep.
And no matter which role she playing at the time, her message is:
"I love, and you don't".

That is not my message. My message is that if you are saved you will love. Do you love? I am not talking about human love.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrapping a onion in chocolate. Eventually the chocolate will melt, just watch.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
some viscous members.
Viscous? You mean they are no longer watery but have become like molasses? :rotfl: I think meshak's viscosity level just went up.

NewDay

That's the question, isn't it?
Do you love, and I don't?
What say ye?

I have never claimed you don't love, Tam.

I know I do love, because God has changed my heart.

Do you love or not?

The problem as I see it is that some confuse this love...by claiming it requires perfection, or etc. That is a lie. Love covers the multitude of our imperfections.

btw, my husband's brother just died. He had throat cancer. I just got the phone call, and his wife and family needs our prayers. Please pray for them, and, thanks in advance.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never claimed you don't love, Tam.
Yes you have.

I know I do love, because God has changed my heart.
When did that happen? Recently, or has it been a while?

Has your "changed heart" caused you to not love at times, or has it been constant?

The problem as I see it is that some confuse this love...by claiming it requires perfection, or etc.
How about perfect love?

btw, my husband's brother just died. He had throat cancer. I just got the phone call, and his wife and family needs our prayers. Please pray for them, and, thanks in advance.
Praying.

NewDay

Tambora;3054649]Yes you have.

No, I havent. I may of said your love was waxing/waning, which by intent means you are not allowing it to grow. Love does grow, and it continues to grow as we grow in grace and in knowledge. We have the ability to allow it to wax cold, by forgetting to put it into practice, day by day. We all forget at times, which is why there is so much animosity on this board. I have decided to love more, and when I prayed and asked God for the ability, He answered my prayers. God is good, and I will not deny Him what He has given increase in.

When did that happen? Recently, or has it been a while?

The changed heart is immediately, upon initial salvation, when I was first saved, over 30 years ago now. I did allow it to wax cold, even to the poin of unbelief, by accepting a false gospel, for 20 of those years. (sda), but, when I repented, and came back to the faith, God gave me increase like you would not believe. I am not ashamed of it, either...nor will I pretend to be.

Has your "changed heart" caused you to not love at times, or has it been constant?

My changed heart never ceases to love. This is what is in the 'inner man', however, my flesh is weak. Thanks be to God I am not in the flesh...and, my sins of the flesh are not imputed to me.

How about perfect love?

The mature man. We eventually get there. Some are, some are not. It has nothing to do with initial salvation.

Thank you. It is very hard on the family, because he refused to believe, but who knows what might of occurred at that last moment. We can hope. I do...and, my husband is on his way to pick me up, so see you tomorrow, perhaps.