Yes, this is 'graceandpeace'.

NewDay

Let's see....we have the milk/meat zinger, the "teachings of men" stumper......any wagers what will next come from the allegedly "New and Improved" GP?

Baloney....I love the truth.....man made heresy...?

btw, did I tell ya I still loved ya?

:)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A recap of artful dodging instead of engaging in a meaningful discussion.
"One man's faith in the area of 'eschatology' is another man's heresy. What matters is that the each of us stand rooted in love, so that we can remember to not judge our brother on these 'other' things."-Daffy Duck-ette

Translated: Doctrine, "other things," is not important....just love everyone....Kumba ya my Lord, kumba ya Kumba ya my Lord, kumba ya Kumba ya my Lord, kumba ya Oh Lord, kumba ya..

Not scriptural.
John does make a valid point. This talk of love is a mask hiding deeper issues. This is called the rescuer phase in the Drama Triangle of unhelpful coping mechanisms. BTW this love talk is becoming repetitive to the point that it is become obvious that it is a defense mechanism. If it were not so, NewDay would actually be moving beyond this to other topics.
how are you?
John post isn't really answered instead it is deflected in a passive aggressive manner.
I am not teaching it; that is my testimony of what I believe agape love is, and how it works.

You can take it or leave it, it is not for me to teach you anything. The sooner you realise it is not for you to teach me anything, the better off you will be. The gospel saves. We all believe in the dbr of Jesus. I know no christian that doesnt.

After that, it is the Holy Spirit that teaches/gives increase. This too, is my testimony of how I believe. It is not to teach you anything you cannot accept from it.

The whole problem with us all is that we all want to be teachers, and we were never ordained to teach anything but milk. That is the gospel. "Go ye therefore into all the world, preach the gospel unto everyone, teaching them to obey all things I have commanded you".

If we do that, we do well.

If we go beyond that, and try to teach eschatology, as the gospel, we fail.

Again, this is my testimony as to what I have had to learn the hard way. I don't particularly care if you agree or not. It is still my testimony.

My testimony will be judged by God and Him alone. Just like yours will be, and I am thankful for that.
Most of this post is true, but even truth can be used with a wrong motive. I have highlighted the portions that are erroneous. Some people do have the acumen to present Meat to the Church.
btw, did I tell ya I still loved ya?

:)
Another deflection. My advise to anyone is instead of seeking after signs, dig into the scripture. Still everyone may not see eye to eye, but you may find yourself a lot more consistent in what you believe. Christians who try to base their faith on signs and experience base it on a shaky foundation. The Bible was given to us for instruction.

NewDay

A recap of artful dodging instead of engaging in a meaningful discussion.

John does make a valid point. This talk of love is a mask hiding deeper issues. This is called the rescuer phase in the Drama Triangle of unhelpful coping mechanisms. BTW this love talk is becoming repetitive to the point that it is become obvious that it is a defense mechanism. If it were not so, NewDay would actually be moving beyond this to other topics.

John post isn't really answered instead it is deflected in a passive aggressive manner.
Most of this post is true, but even truth can be used with a wrong motive. I have highlighted the portions that are erroneous. Some people do have the acumen to present Meat to the Church. Another deflection. My advise to anyone is instead of seeking after signs, dig into the scripture. Still everyone may not see eye to eye, but you may find yourself a lot more consistent in what you believe. Christians who try to base their faith on signs and experience base it on a shaky foundation. The Bible was given to us for instruction.

How can I move beyond when I am just getting the same old dribble?

I would really like to move beyond this thread.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jedidiah said:
Meshak said:
I dont reject Paul, I reject your disharmonizing with Jesus' word version of Paul's teachings.

You are misrepresenting me which is lie.

Meshak said:
We can learn much better without Paul's teachings. His teachings are stumbling block to many, and used to twist and complicate Jesus' Gospel.

I dont think Paul is a good teacher, IMHO..
Thanks, Jedidiah.

I am still flabbergasted that some cannot see through this wolf's (Meshak) ruse.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can I move beyond when I am just getting the same old dribble?

I would really like to move beyond this thread.
Speaking of dribble: you're posting the same slop all over the board. You haven't moved on.

NewDay

Speaking of dribble: you're posting the same slop all over the board. You haven't moved on.

One man's slop is another man's faith. I am at least thankful that I am speaking what is in my heart. If that is slop to you, I suppose, you have the right to say so. What is your belief?

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My faith is founded on the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did at Calvary. My instruction comes from the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures. If you are not founded reading scripture and just trusting emotions and experiences, you are wobbling all over the place.

NewDay

My faith is founded on the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did at Calvary. My instruction comes from the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures. If you are not founded reading scripture and just trusting emotions and experiences, you are wobbling all over the place.

I have provided the scriptures for everything I have ever stated that I believe on this board. Likewise, my faith is the same as what you just stated. Also, why are you confusing agape, sacrificial love, supplied by the Holy Spirit, that works in us mightily, as emotions?

I have a hard time following your thinking.

God Bless.

NewDay

Here are the basics of my belief.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
He was made flesh to die for the sins of the world.
When we repent and believe in His finished work on the cross, for our justification, we are saved.
Then He moves in, and lives in and through us, and this life that He lives in us, is displayed by love, joy, peace, longsuffering, peace, patience, kindness, brotherly love and the list goes on, for all things good, come from God.

If a person does not display these fruits, they are most likely not yet made new. His life is displayed through the new creation that He has made us, and as we submit to Him, and His Will, they are displayed in our life, to the world, so God can receive the glory. This new creation is the new covenant, where love has replaced the old system, that could not make nothing perfect.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here are the basics of my belief.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
He was made flesh to die for the sins of the world.
When we repent and believe in His finished work on the cross, for our justification, we are saved.
Then He moves in, and lives in and through us, and this life that He lives in us, is displayed by love, joy, peace, longsuffering, peace, patience, kindness, brotherly love and the list goes on, for all things good, come from God.

If a person does not display these fruits, they are most likely not yet made new. His life is displayed through the new creation that He has made us, and as we submit to Him, and His Will, they are displayed in our life, to the world, so God can receive the glory. This new creation is the new covenant, where love has replaced the old system, that could not make nothing perfect.

I cannot really fault this post, but your actions and theology elsewhere on this forum give you away. You asked not to debate theology on this thread, so I will honor that wish, but this board is still full of your fruit.

NewDay

Isn't it 100% your choice? If you want to move on, then just move on. No one forces you to engage with others, Jan.

Yes, I know, and thanks.
If someone asks me a question, I will answer it. If someone misapplies my belief, I will answer that, too. It hurts to be misrepresented.

So, again, I would like to use this as an opportunity to apologise to you again, for any misapplying that I have spoke concerning your faith. I truly am sorry, Randy.

NewDay

I cannot really fault this post, but your actions and theology elsewhere on this forum give you away. You asked not to debate theology on this thread, so I will honor that wish, but this board is still full of your fruit.

My actions? What actions? If for example, you are referring to my actions before I came back, that is past. No reason to keep bringing it up, we are all growing in love, and this is my belief. As we grow in love, we can ACT more mature. Do not judge my former actions, unless you want yours to be judged likewise. This is the message of not only Paul, but Jesus.

I intend to ACT more mature, due to one fact. I prayed for it, God supplied it, and I will not deny His power that got it done, and I will explain to you that while you mock me in the chatbox, as being a farce, you are mocking the power of God that has changed me, just a tad bit more to speak and act moreso in love. Do you not have any fear of God at all?

My theology elsewhere? Anything I speak on theology elsewhere fits perfectly into what I just stated in this post...Which quotes are you referring to? It is my intention to clear up any misconception. I truly think you misread me.

Could be me, I don't know. (my attempt at explaining).

If you could point it out, I would be more than willing, and happy to try again, to explain it so that you could see that it fits in perfectly with this post here.

bybee

My actions? What actions? If for example, you are referring to my actions before I came back, that is past. No reason to keep bringing it up, we are all growing in love, and this is my belief. As we grow in love, we can ACT more mature. Do not judge my former actions, unless you want yours to be judged likewise. This is the message of not only Paul, but Jesus.

I intend to ACT more mature, due to one fact. I prayed for it, God supplied it, and I will not deny His power that got it done, and I will explain to you that while you mock me in the chatbox, as being a farce, you are mocking the power of God that has changed me, just a tad bit more to speak and act moreso in love. Do you not have any fear of God at all?
It would seem that the fathers (G&P) have eaten sour grapes and childrens (ND) teeth have been set on edge.
You must be patient if you wish to change the perceptions which are lingering from your past incarnation here.
I wish you the best.

My theology elsewhere? Anything I speak on theology elsewhere fits perfectly into what I just stated in this post...Which quotes are you referring to? It is my intention to clear up any misconception. I truly think you misread me.

Could be me, I don't know. (my attempt at explaining).

If you could point it out, I would be more than willing, and happy to try again, to explain it so that you could see that it fits in perfectly with this post here.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you believe this of you, why do you criticize the rest of us, and our methods?

I am pointing out how you or anyone else inconstant with Jesus' word. I am just telling you are not judge of love and you seem to be indicating I am not loving in this very comment.

It is none of your buisiness, as you say.

It is my business to be obedience to Jesus.

This is why you get the flack sis. You do not practice what you preach.

It is funny that I still dont think you are doing any different from the past.

I am trying to do better at it. I have admitted it, when will you?
]
So I have to do the same as you just because you say so?

I want to practice what I preach.

I am sorry, you dont practice what you preach. You are not in line with Jesus. You are using your worldly methods and mentality even though you say you are born again believer.

Do not require from the babes what they cannot yet understand. God does not even do that. This is what I am saying.

You see, this is where your immateriality shows. When we are in Christ there is no room for hypocrisy even for new Christians. You cannot discern this simple fact.

I have been supporting you when you are gang attacked and I always befriend people who are being gang attacked because it is not Christian and godly thing to do. It is despicable to do that.

But when you humiliate me the way you do, I will not keep quiet about your hypocritical comments.

You dont even realize you are humiliating me with your assessment of me. It is not fair and it is not Christian manner.

You have not being completely honest about your identity while you were pretending to be someone else. But I did not mention anything about it because I did not want to embarrass you any further because they already suspected it.

So please stop your pretentiousness.
It is not of Jesus and of love.

NewDay

Bybee:

It would seem that the fathers (G&P) have eaten sour grapes and childrens (ND) teeth have been set on edge.
You must be patient if you wish to change the perceptions which are lingering from your past incarnation here.
I wish you the best.

What I find so amusing, is that they spend half their time defending the gospel, (our sins are not imputed to us), which is good!, and the other half condemning me, for what they claim is not imputed to them...but, as for me, well, I guess I just do not count.

:think:

This is why we need to grow in love, in mho. It is a huge contradiction...in terms. Biblical ones that is.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I know, and thanks.
If someone asks me a question, I will answer it. If someone misapplies my belief, I will answer that, too. It hurts to be misrepresented.

So, again, I would like to use this as an opportunity to apologise to you again, for any misapplying that I have spoke concerning your faith. I truly am sorry, Randy.

Thank you for the apology. I hope it's genuine. Time will tell...

Jedidiah

When we are in Christ there is no room for hypocrisy even for new Christians..
Matthew 23:4 --- For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
You can use all advice I have already told you. I gave you all the basics.

I dont have anything new anymore, friend.
I am not the one who can give you encouragement, it is the Holy Spirit. So you just have to trust Him. I dont know what else I can give you.
I dont know what to tell you Jedi. It seems to me you are taking back your word. If you do, you are making satan happy, not Jesus, friend.
I already gave you all the encouragement I can think of.
I dont think you will understand. I already gave you all the basics.
Ok, Jedi,

You got me all worn out.

I am done.

Now you are on your own.

bybee

Bybee:

What I find so amusing, is that they spend half their time defending the gospel, (our sins are not imputed to us), which is good!, and the other half condemning me, for what they claim is not imputed to them...but, as for me, well, I guess I just do not count.

:think:

This is why we need to grow in love, in mho. It is a huge contradiction...in terms. Biblical ones that is.

You count with me.