ECT "Ye search the scriptures, because . . .

Cross Reference

. . . . . . . ye think that in them ye have eternal life." (John 5:39 KJV)

The Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, are all revelations of Jesus Christ. The context of the Bible is our Lord Himself, and until we get rightly related to Him, the Bible is no more to us than an ordinary book. Common sense does not reveal Jesus Christ; to common sense He is nothing more than a Nazarene carpenter who lived twenty centuries ago. No natural man can know Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:27 KJV). Higher criticism, so called, works on the lines of common sense, consequently when it deals with our Lord (Whose highest sense is not common sense, but Deity), He has to be explained away, His Person is “dissolved by analysis” (1 John 4:1-3 KJV). The findings of higher criticism may be logically proved, but the biggest facts in life are not logical. If they were, we should be able to calculate our ends and make sure of things on rational logical lines. Logical truth is merely the explanation of facts which common sense has gathered. Men say, “I must have these things proved to my reason.” How much good spiritually did a man ever get by proving things to his reason? In spiritual matters logical processes do not count. Curiosity does not count, nor argument, nor reasoning; these are of no avail for spiritual discernment. There is only one golden rule for spiritual discernment, and that is obedience. We learn more by five minutes’ obedience than by ten years’ study. Logic and reasoning are methods of expounding Reality, but we do not get at Reality by our intellect. Reality is only got at by our conscience. When we deal with the records of Christ we are dealing with fundamental realities, not with intellectual problems. Faith in God is the only way of coming in touch with the fundamental realities, and there is nothing logical about faith; it is of the nature of life.

After we are born again, the Bible becomes a new Book to us, and we search the Scriptures, not to get “life” out of them, but to know more about Jesus Christ. “Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life, . . . and ye will not come to Me that ye might have life” (John 5:39-40 KJV). The vital relationship which the Christian has to the Bible is not that he worships the letter, but that the Holy Spirit makes the words of the Bible spirit and life to him. Before we are born from above (rv mg) the Bible is only an ordinary book; after we are born from above, the Bible becomes a universe of revelation facts whereby we feed our knowledge of Jesus Christ. . . . Oswald Chambers "Psychology of Redemption"

Interplanner

Chambers wrote:
it is of the nature of life.

So...there is some logic to it.

If the paragraph is true, why do so many "bible-believing" prophecy experts do Judaism when they read the OT? Why don't they read the prophets as the NT did? Something wrong there; something didn't CONVERT.

Cross Reference

Chambers wrote:
it is of the nature of life.

So...there is some logic to it.

If the paragraph is true, why do so many "bible-believing" prophecy experts do Judaism when they read the OT? Why don't they read the prophets as the NT did? Something wrong there; something didn't CONVERT.

It is the nature of life . . for what? You never stated.

This is what he wrote:

"Faith in God is the only way of coming in touch with the fundamental realities, and there is nothing logical about faith; it is of the nature of life."
What am I missing?

Last edited:

DAN P

The Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, are all revelations of Jesus Christ. The context of the Bible is our Lord Himself, and until we get rightly related to Him, the Bible is no more to us than an ordinary book. Common sense does not reveal Jesus Christ; to common sense He is nothing more than a Nazarene carpenter who lived twenty centuries ago. No natural man can know Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:27 KJV). Higher criticism, so called, works on the lines of common sense, consequently when it deals with our Lord (Whose highest sense is not common sense, but Deity), He has to be explained away, His Person is “dissolved by analysis” (1 John 4:1-3 KJV). The findings of higher criticism may be logically proved, but the biggest facts in life are not logical. If they were, we should be able to calculate our ends and make sure of things on rational logical lines. Logical truth is merely the explanation of facts which common sense has gathered. Men say, “I must have these things proved to my reason.” How much good spiritually did a man ever get by proving things to his reason? In spiritual matters logical processes do not count. Curiosity does not count, nor argument, nor reasoning; these are of no avail for spiritual discernment. There is only one golden rule for spiritual discernment, and that is obedience. We learn more by five minutes’ obedience than by ten years’ study. Logic and reasoning are methods of expounding Reality, but we do not get at Reality by our intellect. Reality is only got at by our conscience. When we deal with the records of Christ we are dealing with fundamental realities, not with intellectual problems. Faith in God is the only way of coming in touch with the fundamental realities, and there is nothing logical about faith; it is of the nature of life.

After we are born again, the Bible becomes a new Book to us, and we search the Scriptures, not to get “life” out of them, but to know more about Jesus Christ. “Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life, . . . and ye will not come to Me that ye might have life” (John 5:39-40 KJV). The vital relationship which the Christian has to the Bible is not that he worships the letter, but that the Holy Spirit makes the words of the Bible spirit and life to him. Before we are born from above (rv mg) the Bible is only an ordinary book; after we are born from above, the Bible becomes a universe of revelation facts whereby we feed our knowledge of Jesus Christ. . . . Oswald Chambers "Psychology of Redemption"

Hi and it very obvious that the scriptures meant here are the OT BOOKS and not what Paul wrote by the Holy Spirit in Col 1:25-27 !!

So the CONTEXT is all Israel !!

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You do realize that those verses were spoken to the lost sheep of the House of Israel correct?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only to those who lack insight; aren't born again.

7Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Can you enter my house while locked? Go ahead, I will wait.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

It's evident in all the discussion forums that there is "only" a relationship with the "book"! Everyone dazzling each other with their intelligent work outs. And that is admirable, but thats not Christianity. Many go around and around sparing about the geography and examples (dispensations), of what we are supposed to know about Gods Word. Don't they know, "YOU" are writting an epistle! Don't they know, Christianity is a relationship with "HIM"! Don't they know, without that personal relationship, the Word of God "you" so proudly protect,IS NOT EVEN YOURS! Don't they know that "IF" they had a right relationship with Christ, "you" would have the Spirit of Christ! Don't they know, if you have the Spirit of Christ, "you" have the mind of Christ! Don't they know, "you" can't explain what the mind of Christ is ! Don't they know, that when "you" have the Spirit of Christ and the mind of Christ, dispensations, geography, who gets what when, all that won't matter!

Don't "you" know that when you have the Spirit and mind of Christ, you'll then completely understand "you" can't be "obeident". And that any act of "obedience is "HIS" nature flowing through us!

Don't they know, none of this can happen without Faithing into Jesus Christ.
Don't they know, "you" Faithe into Him by a personal surrendering of your lives to "HIM"!

Cross Reference

It's evident in all the discussion forums that there is "only" a relationship with the "book"! Everyone dazzling each other with their intelligent work outs. And that is admirable, but thats not Christianity. Many go around and around sparing about the geography and examples (dispensations), of what we are supposed to know about Gods Word. Don't they know, "YOU" are writting an epistle! Don't they know, Christianity is a relationship with "HIM"! Don't they know, without that personal relationship, the Word of God "you" so proudly protect,IS NOT EVEN YOURS! Don't they know that "IF" they had a right relationship with Christ, "you" would have the Spirit of Christ! Don't they know, if you have the Spirit of Christ, "you" have the mind of Christ! Don't they know, "you" can't explain what the mind of Christ is ! Don't they know, that when "you" have the Spirit of Christ and the mind of Christ, dispensations, geography, who gets what when, all that won't matter!

Don't "you" know that when you have the Spirit and mind of Christ, you'll then completely understand "you" can't be "obeident". And that any act of "obedience is "HIS" nature flowing through us!
Don't they know, none of this can happen without Faithing into Jesus Christ.
Don't they know, "you" Faithe into Him by a personal surrendering of your lives to "HIM"!

Permit me to go a little deeper in saying that my "act of obedience" is a demonstration of His life "within" my soul that when submitted to Him, my flesh will speak His Life..

Thanks for your superb comments!

Interplanner

There is a sense in this thread's proposition that everything depends on the person's surrender. There is something else that pervades the NT, though. Col 3, for ex. The gift of justification in Christ is so complete and clarifying that it 'kills/puts to death' the old nature. Now, we participate in that, but it is always mentioned as having happened apart from our will, our decision, our surrender.