Ye must be born again !

iamaberean

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When Jesus told Nicodemus that except a man be born again he cannot see [perceive] the Kingdom of God as per vs 3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jesus also said:
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In essence, what Jesus meant, except ye are of that seed in Me, by being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World [Eph 1:4] ye cannot see or understand the Kingdom of God, which is to include it's Gospel, The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the Kingdom of God. Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The gospel has been preached in all the world:

Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
Col 1:6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Mark 1:14
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Which are also the Kingdom Mysteries Luke 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
The mysteries are known by Christians:
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Now, even though Jesus was giving a condition " except ye be born again ", yet He was not giving a imperative or duty for one to perform to become born again; because there is nothing a person can do to be born; even if it was for us to go back into our mothers womb, [ which its not] how could we accomplish that ? Could we make ourselves fetuses again ? Would that be in our ability ?

But nevertheless, Christ meant what He said in stating that 'Ye must be born Again " !

Peter was given the keys to the kingdom and he would preach about being born again of the water and the Spirit:
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.
(Peter knew they had received the Holy Ghost because they heard them speak in tongues, that is the Spirit) Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water(this is the other part of being born again of the water and Spirit) , that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Peter didn't just tell them, he commanded them to be baptized.

beloved57

New Birth/Regeneration before Repentance to God !

New Birth/Regeneration before Repentance to God !

Repentance in Gospel Obedience is required as an evidence of a work of grace in ones heart, thats why the Apostles were commanded to preach it Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance towards God denotes a turning from evil, a departing from it Ezk 14:6

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

Ezk 18:30

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Man by nature however cannot repent towards God, neither can he be subject to God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

But in the Covenant of Mercy, God has provided for His Covenant Peoples repentance, for He has promised in Covenant Faithfulness to put the Fear of God in them that they shall not depart from Him Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

God does them good, by putting His Fear in their hearts, for you know , man by nature has not this fear of God before their eyes Rom 3:18

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Yet its only when we receive of this Fear of God in our hearts, a product of regenerating Grace from the Spirit, its then we depart from evil Job 28:28

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

But the Fear of the Lord is Just the beginning of Wisdom Ps 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Prov 9:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Christ gives us the Spirit of Wisdom in measure because He is the Head of the Body Isa 11:1-3

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Prov 14:27

[B]The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.[/B]

Thats how we depart from evil, from the snares of death, by the Fear of the Lord !

Yet the Fear of the Lord is non existent in every unregenerate man and women !

But without it, there is no Repentance towards God, so when one does Truly Repent towards God as exhorted, its an evidence of Regenerating Grace by the Spirit at work bringing forth fruit unto repentance !

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
born means to come out of

you first came out of your mother
and
then you come out of your body

beloved57

Because I live ye shall live also !

Because I live ye shall live also !

Jn 14:9

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Yes, Jesus was speaking to His Disciples at the time He stated this Truth, but yet it was not limited to them alone, but was a promise for all those whom He died and rose again in behalf of. He Lived again / resurrection after having died for or because of their offences Rom 4:25, and because He Lived afterwards, hence they[those whom sins He died for] shall Live also, that was the point in Him rising from the dead, for their Justification.

Now what Jesus is promising to the entire ransomed Church of God is Life from the dead, regeneration or new birth. Because the Head Lives, the Body shall live also !

The Promise of their regeneration is stated again here Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

We become willing servants of Christ in the Day of His Spirit regenerating us, much like how Paul did who was moments before saul the persecutor ! In the Day of Christ's Power see how willing he became Acts 9:1-6

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

This was Christ's Power that wrought this change in saul, it was not his own freewill as many deceivers would tell us !

Paul was not forced into submission to Christ, no he did it voluntarily, but yet it was effected by the Power of Christ, his volunteerism was the effect of the Day of Christ's Power !

The reason why all of the sudden he was so willing to serve Him that only moments ago he hated, its because he was by the Power of regeneration given a New Mind Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Because the Old mind is enmity towards Christ, even as saul demonstrated before becoming paul Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Thats why regeneration for the People of God is a absolute must and why its Promised through the Merits of Christ's Death !

Truster

''Paul was not forced into submission to Christ, no he did it voluntarily, but yet it was effected by the Power of Christ, his volunteerism was the effect of the Day of Christ's Power !''

This is simply guess work on your part. If you'd had the experience of regeneration yourself you wouldn't think nor write such rubbish.

beloved57

''Paul was not forced into submission to Christ, no he did it voluntarily, but yet it was effected by the Power of Christ, his volunteerism was the effect of the Day of Christ's Power !''

This is simply guess work on your part. If you'd had the experience of regeneration yourself you wouldn't think nor write such rubbish.

You are a unbeliever !

beloved57

To believe means to psych up the mental attributes and anyone can do this. Belief is not a spiritual gift and is inherent in man.

You havent believed the Gospel, so there is no proof you are saved, your experiences mean nothing !

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and I know that I have asked you this question on other sites .

Where does Paul say that the MEMBERS of the Body of Christ need to be " born again " ???? and I personally ony accept what Paul says in this OUT of context question , bet you can not !!! dan p

Paul does not use the words born again...

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Ephesians 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Paul says follow him as he follows Christ...he did not say take your eyes off Christ...

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Truster

You havent believed the Gospel, so there is no proof you are saved, your experiences mean nothing !

My regeneration and life run in parallel with all the scriptures teach. When I read the Psalms it like reading a commentary on my life. When David rejoices I know how he feels. When he asks O my soul why are thou cast down? I know why he's asking.
When he says, 'I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments' I know why David is saying this and I can empathise with him.

You are nothing but a proselyte, an arminian in Calvinistic clothing and an antinomian. You can't trust that a man is saved by grace, because you think a man is saved by creeds, Tulips and twisted doctrines.

beloved57

My regeneration and life run in parallel with all the scriptures teach. When I read the Psalms it like reading a commentary on my life. When David rejoices I know how he feels. When he asks O my soul why are thou cast down? I know why he's asking.
When he says, 'I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments' I know why David is saying this and I can empathise with him.

You are nothing but a proselyte, an arminian in Calvinistic clothing and an antinomian. You can't trust that a man is saved by grace, because you think a man is saved by creeds, Tulips and twisted doctrines.

If you have been regenerated you should believe the gospel!

Nanja

Jn 14:9

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Yes, Jesus was speaking to His Disciples at the time He stated this Truth, but yet it was not limited to them alone, but was a promise for all those whom He died and rose again in behalf of. He Lived again / resurrection after having died for or because of their offences Rom 4:25, and because He Lived afterwards, hence they[those whom sins He died for] shall Live also, that was the point in Him rising from the dead, for their Justification.

Now what Jesus is promising to the entire ransomed Church of God is Life from the dead, regeneration or new birth. Because the Head Lives, the Body shall live also !

The Promise of their regeneration is stated again here Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

We become willing servants of Christ in the Day of His Spirit regenerating us, much like how Paul did who was moments before saul the persecutor ! In the Day of Christ's Power see how willing he became Acts 9:1-6

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

This was Christ's Power that wrought this change in saul, it was not his own freewill as many deceivers would tell us !

Paul was not forced into submission to Christ, no he did it voluntarily, but yet it was effected by the Power of Christ, his volunteerism was the effect of the Day of Christ's Power !

The reason why all of the sudden he was so willing to serve Him that only moments ago he hated, its because he was by the Power of regeneration given a New Mind Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Because the Old mind is enmity towards Christ, even as saul demonstrated before becoming paul Rom 8:7

Thats why regeneration for the People of God is a absolute must and why its Promised through the Merits of Christ's Death !

Amen to all posted!

Those who shall be made willing in the Day of His Power are those Chosen in Christ
before time to the Adoption of Sons, Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9, just as Paul was Acts 9:15:
Christ's Body, of which He is the Head, the only ones His Death was for Eph. 1:7; Rom. 4:25.
They all shall be born into His Kingdom by becoming Spiritually Alive in the New Birth!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to all posted!

Those who shall be made willing in the Day of His Power are those Chosen in Christ
before time to the Adoption of Sons, Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9, just as Paul was Acts 9:15:
Christ's Body, of which He is the Head, the only ones His Death was for Eph. 1:7; Rom. 4:25.
They all shall be born into His Kingdom by becoming Spiritually Alive in the New Birth!

~~~~~

I knew you would be the only one who would be able to understand this truth praise the Lord!