Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What are some songs where you got the lyrics on.

When I was little, I thought “Bringing in the Sheaves” was “Bringing in the Sheets” and that’s exactly how I sang it at church.

Lyrics in Toto’s song “Africa.”
I thought it was “I miss the rains down in Africa.” But it’s “ I bless the rains…”

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
When I was little, I thought “Bringing in the Sheaves” was “Bringing in the Sheets” and that’s exactly how I sang it at church.
An acquaintance thought it was, "Bringing in the Sheep." She sang it that way in church, as an adult.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What are some songs where you got the lyrics on.

Lyrics in Toto’s song “Africa.”
I thought it was “I miss the rains down in Africa.” But it’s “ I bless the rains…”
I'm sure everyone had their own lyrics to Louie Louie.

Derf

Remember the hymn, "Revive us again"?
The refrain goes, "Hallelujah Thine the glory, hallelujah amen, hallelujah Thine the glory, revive us again."

My brother would sing it:
"Hallelujah Thine the glory, hallelujah amen, hallelujah Thine the glory, revive us again."
"Hallelujah Thine the glory, hallelujah Bobby, hallelujah Thine the glory, they put Gregory in jelly again"

Bobby was a cousin, Gregory our older brother.

Gary K

Banned
When I was little we had friends with the last name of Carey. The pastor would get up in front and have the congregation vote on things and after the vote would announce it is carried. I finally asked my mom in church why he kept saying it is Mrs. Carey. She snorted trying to keep back her laughter. I think it was a great effort at controlling herself.