ECT Write a few lines summarizing these chapters

Interplanner

Hebrews 8 confirms the nature of the NEW COVENANT as being with the houses of ISRAEL and JUDAH. You do the "spiritual Israel" dance to deny this PLAIN and CLEAR Word of God.

Once AGAIN, the land promise is NOT CANCELLED just because it's not repeated in very passage of the so-called NT.

"BTW" should be capitalized, you language scholar.

Jer 23:5-8 (AKJV/PCE)​
(23:5) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. (23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (23:7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; (23:8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Don't be a silly cancellationist.

Don't be a silly Christless reader.

The people did come back, and there was a temple built and it was diminutive. It got desecrated again by Antiochus. By the 1st cent BC, everything about Israel's destiny appeared to be in shambles. Then Herod the Dictator shows up taxing everyone to death with his temple--what an improvement. There is no feeling that any of that was really what the prophets had in mind, just dismay. Judaism sent out missionaries in its version of being a light to the nations, and that was denounced by Christ in Mt 23. That's the setting Christ comes in to, and says that he is the fulfilled temple and everything Judaism pointed toward.

But there is nothing about the land, only about the mission, the true message of grace in the Gospel, to the nations, beginning in Israel and surging out.

That combined with the concensus that the temple age was to be destroyed in that generation was why cancellation was not silly. Judaism generally did not seek to do anything about the temple again; there was still a zealot movement that did, the Bar Cochba revolt of 135 AD. But Judaism (in its unbelieving form) continued in synagogues. You might check with them about a 'land promise.' They heard the facts of history rather clearly. There's nothing.

The reason Jews came back in the 19th century is not a land promise; it is much more like any indigenous people wanting to be back in traditional lands. That's why there is no work of the Holy Spirit in it at all, there is even atheist terrorists involved (and celebrated by "Christian" teachers like those of TBN who regularly show the movie EXODUS).

David said the resurrection of Christ is his enthronement, and the apostles said the raised tent of David is the Gentile's who believe. Isaiah is quoted in Acts 13 that the promises were transferred from David to Christ.

Your belief system, when compared to the AAL, is utter fantasy.

Interplanner

There is a spiritual Israel in the sane sense that all of us as Christians are spiritual and spiritually alive. There is nothing demeaning about being spiritual, except in 2P2P's frantic attempt to believe that there is a 2nd program and people running in the background of the Bible. Because 2P2P derailed at Gal 3:8.

Right Divider

Body part
Don't be a silly Christless reader.
You're calling me a unbeliever? You are the unbeliever. You have a false Christ.

The people did come back, and there was a temple built and it was diminutive. It got desecrated again by Antiochus. By the 1st cent BC, everything about Israel's destiny appeared to be in shambles. Then Herod the Dictator shows up taxing everyone to death with his temple--what an improvement. There is no feeling that any of that was really what the prophets had in mind, just dismay. Judaism sent out missionaries in its version of being a light to the nations, and that was denounced by Christ in Mt 23. That's the setting Christ comes in to, and says that he is the fulfilled temple and everything Judaism pointed toward.
The verse that I quoted were about the BRANCH and the KING and that is CHRIST. So just HOW, exactly, could the return BEFORE HE CAME be what that passage is referring to? You are a moron.

But there is nothing about the land, only about the mission, the true message of grace in the Gospel, to the nations, beginning in Israel and surging out.
You do not believe God and His Word. You have invented a fairy story.

That combined with the concensus that the temple age was to be destroyed in that generation was why cancellation was not silly. Judaism generally did not seek to do anything about the temple again; there was still a zealot movement that did, the Bar Cochba revolt of 135 AD. But Judaism (in its unbelieving form) continued in synagogues. You might check with them about a 'land promise.' They heard the facts of history rather clearly. There's nothing.
The grammar scholar hard at work! Is spelling not part of your grammar superiority.

The reason Jews came back in the 19th century is not a land promise; it is much more like any indigenous people wanting to be back in traditional lands. That's why there is no work of the Holy Spirit in it at all, there is even atheist terrorists involved (and celebrated by "Christian" teachers like those of TBN who regularly show the movie EXODUS).
You continue to confuse actual Mid-Acts dispensational doctrine with many BOGUS folks that you THINK are MAD. I think that the whole 1948 thing is man-made and not an act of God.

David said the resurrection of Christ is his enthronement, and the apostles said the raised tent of David is the Gentile's who believe. Isaiah is quoted in Acts 13 that the promises were transferred from David to Christ.
Utter nonsense.

Your belief system, when compared to the AAL, is utter fantasy.
No, it's Bible facts. Yours is the fairy story.

Interplanner

You're calling me a unbeliever? You are the unbeliever. You have a false Christ.

The verse that I quoted were about the BRANCH and the KING and that is CHRIST. So just HOW, exactly, could the return BEFORE HE CAME be what that passage is referring to? You are a moron.

You do not believe God and His Word. You have invented a fairy story.

The grammar scholar hard at work! Is spelling not part of your grammar superiority.

You continue to confuse actual Mid-Acts dispensational doctrine with many BOGUS folks that you THINK are MAD. I think that the whole 1948 thing is man-made and not an act of God.

Utter nonsense.

No, it's Bible facts. Yours is the fairy story.

Tell me the 'sense' then of Acts 2:30-32. It interps itself.

It is not 'made up' that there is a clear, unqualified reference to Israel being in its land as ESSENTIAL to eschatology. Show me one.

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS was not waiting, or is not waiting, for the 2nd coming or anything in Israel. He has been that King since before time (Heb 5), because the covenant is eternal, and therefore new when placed beside the old. Heb 13. (You have it memorized, so I don't need to list the digits).

Right Divider

Body part
Tell me the 'sense' then of Acts 2:30-32. It interps itself.
Just like a little child, change the subject and hope that they don't notice.

It's not hard to get the sense, unless you have a senseless interp like yours.

Acts 2:29-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:29) Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. (2:30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; (2:31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. (2:32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

David's throne is not some mystically "spiritual" throne. It's it the throne of the kingdom of Israel in Jerusalem. But your fairy story has you blinded to even the simplest of truth.

It is not 'made up' that there is a clear, unqualified reference to Israel being in its land as ESSENTIAL to eschatology. Show me one.
I guess that God's promises are not "eschatologically essential" enough for you.

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS was not waiting, or is not waiting, for the 2nd coming or anything in Israel.
You really are a Bible unbeliever.
Jer 23:5-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:5) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. (23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (23:7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; (23:8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

You do NOT think that the righteous Branch is the LORD Jesus Christ?

He has been that King since before time (Heb 5), because the covenant is eternal, and therefore new when placed beside the old. Heb 13. (You have it memorized, so I don't need to list the digits).
As GOD the LORD is always King. But that does not mean that He has fulfilled the prophecy about SITTING ON DAVID'S THRONE.

You are just fine piece of work.

Interplanner

Just like a little child, change the subject and hope that they don't notice.

It's not hard to get the sense, unless you have a senseless interp like yours.

(2:29) Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. (2:30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; (2:31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. (2:32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

David's throne is not some mystically "spiritual" throne. It's it the throne of the kingdom of Israel in Jerusalem. But your fairy story has you blinded to even the simplest of truth.

I guess that God's promises are not "eschatologically essential" enough for you.

You really are a Bible unbeliever.
Jer 23:5-8 (AKJV/PCE)

You do NOT think that the righteous Branch is the LORD Jesus Christ?

As GOD the LORD is always King. But that does not mean that He has fulfilled the prophecy about SITTING ON DAVID'S THRONE.

You are just fine piece of work.

As I said, Acts 2:31 is the interpretation and your busy highlighter skipped it. "And seeing this beforehand, (David) spoke of the resurrection..." That is how v30 is to be read, not your private home brew. Next?

It is not a throne on this earth and never will be. And since when did 'spiritual' become a dirty word? This earth's history atrophes into Rev 20, and Satan creates a force to oppress all believers and then is destroyed in the same swoop that creates the NHNE. The NHNE has different physical features than this one.

I know you think the land promise apart from Christ is there; I'm aware of that. But you never handle those passages the way the AAL does. That is the problem. No one reading the last word on Jer 31 in Heb 10 would think it is a later land promise. No one I know does and no one I know sees any reason why it would. 2P2P's like you get it by direct reading of the OT passage. It's not just ch 10 either, it's how 11-13 continue on. The so-called new covenant is the eternal one of Christ who was willing to be slain before the foundation of the world.

Right Divider

Body part
As I said, Acts 2:31 is the interpretation and your busy highlighter skipped it. "And seeing this beforehand, (David) spoke of the resurrection..." That is how v30 is to be read, not your private home brew. Next?
You're the one that always misses the facts.

It is not a throne on this earth and never will be.
Of course it is, you just don't believe it.

And since when did 'spiritual' become a dirty word?
Spiritual is a fantastic word when PROPERLY understood. But not when dorks like you try to make it simply mean non-physical.

Interplanner

You're the one that always misses the facts.

Of course it is, you just don't believe it.

Spiritual is a fantastic word when PROPERLY understood. But not when dorks like you try to make it simply mean non-physical.

So you deny the fact that "God made this Jesus LORD AND CHRIST" and enthroned him? Got it. That's the most spiritual event that ever took place!

Why in the world would he then (later, after) put him back on a little throne in Jerusalem for a few years?

Please check the wacky spiritual thread I started this morning. It is inevitable that 2P2P will eventually do that to things like Ezek 37: to make the Judaistic 'spiritual.' There is no help for it. That's why it must be stopped.

Right Divider

Body part
So you deny the fact that "God made this Jesus LORD AND CHRIST" and enthroned him? Got it. That's the most spiritual event that ever took place!
How many false accusation will you make against us believers?

Once AGAIN, God making Him Lord and Christ did NOT CANCEL any of God's promises. Why can't you get that through your thick head?

(IP ranks "spiritual events" :french:)

Why in the world would he then (later, after) put him back on a little throne in Jerusalem for a few years?
For a few years? Where do you get this crazy ideas?

Please check the wacky spiritual thread I started this morning.
Oh wonderful, another DingleBerry Fairy Tale thread.

It is inevitable that 2P2P will eventually do that to things like Ezek 37: to make the Judaistic 'spiritual.' There is no help for it. That's why it must be stopped.
I guess you do not yet know that the ETERNAL KINGDOM in the new heaven and the NEW EARTH will go on forever.

Dan 7:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:27) And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

Interplanner

How many false accusation will you make against us believers?

Once AGAIN, God making Him Lord and Christ did NOT CANCEL any of God's promises. Why can't you get that through your thick head?

(IP ranks "spiritual events" :french:)

For a few years? Where do you get this crazy ideas?

Oh wonderful, another DingleBerry Fairy Tale thread.

I guess you do not yet know that the ETERNAL KINGDOM in the new heaven and the NEW EARTH will go on forever.

Dan 7:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:27) And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

That event was the fulfillment of those promises, RD. That's what does not sink in with you, because of the infection known as 2P2P. Right when it says 'fulfilled' you guys jump out X000 years.

The discounting of your kingdom on earth theory is the millenial theory which ends in a bust.

As I have tried to clarify with you before, please make sure you are NOT talking about the NHNE which is not Judaiistic. It is not the location where there is a Davidic theocracy, because you keep saying that will be on this earth as we know it. The NHNE is the renovation of everything; there is physical reality, but it is not quite the same as here and now, like Christ's resurrected body moving anywhere in a moment.

Before you call one of your friends Dingleberry, you might want to look at who and what started that thread, it was not me. Happy social circles!

There is no matter calling the enthronment of Christ the richest most spiritual event and blessing ever to happen. That's how Eph 1 and Rev sounds about it.

Interplanner

I did NOT fulfill ALL of the promises.

You are just so illogical and frantic. There is no communicating with you.

did you clear things up with the spiritual land of Israel guy about Ezek 37? It'll be a doozy.

That event, the resurrection, was the fulfillment of all those promises, indeed. God made Jesus Lord and Christ, because his accomplishment 'blots out sins' (justifies people from their sins). Israel was then supposed to lead in proclaiming this to the whole world. When they fumbled, God confiscated Paul and made him do it to catch up for lost time.

Right Divider

Body part
did you clear things up with the spiritual land of Israel guy about Ezek 37? It'll be a doozy.
Once AGAIN, you speak in riddles. It that the only way that a grammar scholar can speak?

Does a grammar scholar know about capitalizing a sentence?

That event, the resurrection, was the fulfillment of all those promises, indeed.
Nope, only ignorance can lead to that confusion/conclusion.

God made Jesus Lord and Christ, because his accomplishment 'blots out sins' (justifies people from their sins). Israel was then supposed to lead in proclaiming this to the whole world. When they fumbled, God confiscated Paul and made him do it to catch up for lost time.
:french:

As a "historian", it would really help you to learn about the TENSES: past, present and future.

Acts 3:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:19) ¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Interplanner

Once AGAIN, you speak in riddles. It that the only way that a grammar scholar can speak?

Does a grammar scholar know about capitalizing a sentence?

Nope, only ignorance can lead to that confusion/conclusion.

As a "historian", it would really help you to learn about the TENSES: past, present and future.

Acts 3:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:19) ¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (3:20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

re the fulfillment: then acts 13 etc is ignorant, isn't it?

re the tenses, you are wrong. The times of refreshing may come is 'optative'. It means they are the ideal for now
(their present) but there is a factor that could prevent the ideal from happening. (unbelief, unrepentance) All this was individually true, but the whole nation is addressed.

re the riddle. The guy over in Religion said that the graves of Ezek 37 was 'the Gentile nations' and made alive was 'to be back in the land of Israel'. he said that that was the spiritual meaning of the passage. That's who you called Dingleberry, but that's also what you believe. So go work it out with him!

Just to make sure I've covered v22's "For..." with you:
My mistake: I forgot to review v22's "For..." This is a critical connector in Peter's reasoning. It means "For (this reason)..."

That reason was the quote from Deut 18, the warning to hear Christ.

That is the reason why Christ was being sent (and the type of sending) here. It is not 1st or 2nd comings, it is warning Israel about their mission to the nations in the early days of the church.

Right Divider

Body part
re the fulfillment: then acts 13 etc is ignorant, isn't it?
Once AGAIN DB, absence in a passage is NOT CANCELLATION.

re the tenses, you are wrong. The times of refreshing may come is 'optative'. It means they are the ideal for now
(their present) but there is a factor that could prevent the ideal from happening. (unbelief, unrepentance) All this was individually true, but the whole nation is addressed.

re the riddle. The guy over in Religion said that the graves of Ezek 37 was 'the Gentile nations' and made alive was 'to be back in the land of Israel'. he said that that was the spiritual meaning of the passage. That's who you called Dingleberry, but that's also what you believe. So go work it out with him!
No, I call YOU DingleBerry.

But whoever said that the graves in Ezek 37 was "the Gentile nations" sounds like someone as confused as you.

Just to make sure I've covered v22's "For..." with you:
My mistake: I forgot to review v22's "For..." This is a critical connector in Peter's reasoning. It means "For (this reason)..."
Verse 22 of WHAT?

That reason was the quote from Deut 18, the warning to hear Christ.

That is the reason why Christ was being sent (and the type of sending) here. It is not 1st or 2nd comings, it is warning Israel about their mission to the nations in the early days of the church.
There were a number of reasons Christ was sent, here's one:

Rom 15:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers: (15:9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for [his] mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (15:10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (15:11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (15:12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Interplanner

Once AGAIN DB, absence in a passage is NOT CANCELLATION.

No, I call YOU DingleBerry.

But whoever said that the graves in Ezek 37 was "the Gentile nations" sounds like someone as confused as you.

Verse 22 of WHAT?

There were a number of reasons Christ was sent, here's one:

Rom 15:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers: (15:9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for [his] mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (15:10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (15:11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (15:12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

But when significant passage after passage after passage says nothing about the land, come on, give me a break. You even quoted Rom 15 as thought it was Judaistic and theocratic which it is not. God made Jesus Christ and Lord and that is the kind of reign he (the prophet) had in mind. It is not a Judaistic theocracy in our history.

Cartoons for the optative verb, huh? It is older English but that's what 'may' means. The times of refreshing, don't come to people who reject them, but they could. It is what many of the prophets spoke of about 'rain' and the coming of the Spirit, which we know from Acts 2 was going on right then.

I know you called me another 40 year old cliche name, but that person actually said all that and called it the literal truth. the graves were gentile nations and rising up meant being back in Israel. And why not? That's what matters to 2P2P.

Can you actually not follow an argument when an additional verse is mentioned. There is only one debated 'times of refreshing' passage in the NT / AAL!!! ARe you really that much of a simpleton? It's v 22 of THAT chapter. What a concept!!!

I think your quote of Rom 15 is great but why would that resolve what the tricky expression 'send you Jesus' meant. I happen to think they are unified not disparate.

back to v22. the grammar is connecting the quote of Moses with the reason for the sending: he is warning Israel for the last time, on pain of disinheritance, cutting off. That's what Acts and the DofJ is about.