Would it be wrong to eradicate a species?

CherubRam

Mosquitoes are involved in pollination, so I'd be nervous of removing them. And when the niche is filled with another insect who's to say it won't be worse?

A better way to deal with mosquitos is to deal with the pathogens they carry, treating the mosquitos, genetically engineering them, developing better postdocs, or reduce the populations in specific locations.

I doubt that humans can exterminate any mosquito species anyway, so the op question is moot. Evolution will likely weaken any attacks over time, producing resistant species.

I have never seen Mosquitoes pollinate anything.

theophilus

I don't believe we should eradicate anything God has made. He saw it all and said it was "very good" - Gen. 1:31

PureX

I don't believe it's possible for us to eradicate mosquitos. And even if we did, some other insect would evolve to take it's niche.

I think the human intellect would better serve us by our learning to live in alignment with nature, instead of trying to dominate it according to our own desires. But presuming ourselves the right to judge and condemn all creation was mankind's original sin in the Bible, and it remains at the heart of all mankind's sins to this day. So I doubt we'll see any change.