• Zakath

Votes: 32 36.0%

• Total voters

claire

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Turbo
God.

Nice answer, Turbo :D And you are right ya know...regardless of the excellent job both have done in the debate....and of course there is no winner because it is a question without a provable answer, God wins because debates such as this cause people to dig deep within themselves and assess their beliefs and faith....and presents issues which expand all of our minds....

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by claire
Nice answer, Turbo :D And you are right ya know...regardless of the excellent job both have done in the debate....and of course there is no winner because it is a question without a provable answer, God wins because debates such as this cause people to dig deep within themselves and assess their beliefs and faith....and presents issues which expand all of our minds....
Thanks Claire.

But I don't agree that the question has no provable answer. It's just that some people reject the proof and evidence that exists.

It's common for theists to say things like, "You can't prove God," but I think the logical argument based on the laws of thermodynamics used in Enyart's first post is adequate logical proof for a supernatural Creator.

I also recognize that Christ's resurrection is supported by overwhelming historical and archaeological evidence. Together, these pieces of evidence prove the resurrection actually took place, just like evidence is used to prove whether a crime suspect is guilty, and therefore prove that Jesus is the God he claimed to be.

Z Man

Unless an atheist is born-again, they'll never believe, no matter what evidence is brought before them...

Curtsibling

At the end of the day, both men will still have their beliefs.

Has anyone drawn any interesting ideas from the debate?
Has it changed you any? :)

Z Man

Originally posted by Tye Porter

One can Pray, Z-man, it is the best resource.
One can do nothing in reguards to their salvation. That's what the definition of grace is. That's why it's so amazing, and that's what makes Christianity different from all the other religions out there today.

Prayer doesn't lead to salvation; salvation leads to prayer.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Z Man
One can do nothing in reguards to their salvation. That's what the definition of grace is. That's why it's so amazing, and that's what makes Christianity different from all the other religions out there today.

Prayer doesn't lead to salvation; salvation leads to prayer.
Z Man please read your Bible!

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:10

Z Man

Originally posted by Tye Porter

You're saying that I have no need, nor should I ever, pray for this man's salvation? My prayers are useless?
No, no, no... That's definitely not what I'm saying at all. Please pray that God saves him, by all means. And I'm not saying that a person must not pray to find favor in God's eyes and be saved, Knight. A person who is saved will pray to God. Like Paul was saying in the verse Knight quoted from, to believe in your heart and confess with you mouth is to be saved! But please, don't think that Paul was stating that in order to recieve salvation, one must pray...

Praying is not a requirement to recieve salvation. In fact, nothing is. That's what makes God's grace so amazing. There is nothing we can do to obtain or keep our salvation.

That's all I was saying... ;)

.Ant

Bob's still winning - he has brought up more evidence while Zakath hasn't tidied up any of Bob's old points since last time (IIRC).

ZroKewl

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Z Man
Unless an atheist is born-again, they'll never believe, no matter what evidence is brought before them...
Unless a Christian thinks objectively, they'll never stop believing, no matter what evidence is brought before them...

--ZK

BlueChild

I think Bob Enyart is winning, but only by a nose. He's had more good posts, and Zakath has had a couple bad ones. I am glad when Zakath responds directly to Bob Enyart's points - seems like he evades too much.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by ZroKewl
Unless a Christian thinks objectively, they'll never stop believing, no matter what evidence is brought before them...

--ZK
In your opinion... how does one think objectively?

RogerB

Originally posted by novice
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--ZK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it has something to do with ignoring that which you already know to be true. :kookoo:

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by heusdens
Thinking is subjective, never objective.

But this does not proof that there is no objective reality.
Lets see what ZroKewl has to say.

ZroKewl

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by novice
Well, Heusden is right... I'm using the term "objective thinking" in it's usual connotation. That being to consider all of the evidence in as unbiased a way as you can. Objectivity is not an on or off sort of thing. You can be "mostly objective" or "only barely objective". We all tend to see only that which supports our beliefs. Our preconceptions will shade everything so as to make it seem to support our world view. If you can be aware of that, and try to see things from another point of view, then you are on your way to thinking objectively (although you can never do so 100%). Those on this board that have the mindset of not wanting to hear or seriously consider world views that don't include the Christian God -- but would rather just learn more about their God-centered world view are not being objective in this area.

An example would be Zakath. He honestly considered the Christian world view for years. Now, he is considering another world view. By "considering", I mean researching and learning about in depth. Zakath, therefore, has a "more objective" stance than Pastor Bob (presumably), since Bob hasn't honestly considered a non-God centered world view.

Hope that answers your question...

--ZK

Vitamin J

An example would be Zakath. He honestly considered the Christian world view for years. Now, he is considering another world view. By "considering", I mean researching and learning about in depth. Zakath, therefore, has a "more objective" stance than Pastor Bob (presumably), since Bob hasn't honestly considered a non-God centered world view.

Hope that answers your question...

--ZK
Why don't you admit that is total conjecture on your part?

You have no idea if Bob honestly considered the atheist worldview NOR do you have any idea if Zakath is HONESTLY (or has) considering the Christian worldview.

And even so, what would it matter? Can't someone honestly consider something, choose it but be in error? Of course they can!