ECT Will there be a temple, to worship the one true God, in the future?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

The LORD Jesus shall sit on the throne of David, which is Jerusalem, at His second coming, just as promised.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts shall accomplish this, just as He said.

There are so many, that claim to believe the scriptures, who stand in direct opposition to GOD's plain statements on this.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

The LORD Jesus shall sit on the throne of David, which is Jerusalem, at His second coming, just as promised.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts shall accomplish this, just as He said.

There are so many, that claim to believe the scriptures, who stand in direct opposition to GOD's plain statements on this.

All these scriptures were fulfilled when Christ resurrected from His first visitation. He sits on the throne of David NOW & FOREVER.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
All these scriptures were fulfilled when Christ resurrected from His first visitation. He sits on the throne of David NOW & FOREVER.

The Lord Jesus sits at the right hand of His Father in His Father's throne.
David never had a throne in Heaven, nor was his throne transferred to Heaven.
The Father has reigned over His Universal Kingdom from His throne in heaven since the beginning of creation. It was never called David's throne.

The Lord Jesus says plainly that He will sit on His glorious throne at His coming with His holy angels. At that time He will judge the nations. It is yet future.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Father has reigned over His Universal Kingdom from His throne in heaven since the beginning of creation. It was never called David's throne.

The Lord Jesus says plainly that He will sit on His glorious throne at His coming with His holy angels. At that time He will judge the nations. It is yet future.

:patrol:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The Davidic Covenant promised an eternal throne to David, realized through the Incarnation of God the Son as the physical seed and heir of David.

You are mistaken. Such was the very purpose and fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant achieved by the Incarnate Christ.

He sits on the eternal (promised) throne now which will be witnessed by all men at His second coming.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Davidic Covenant promised an eternal throne to David,

Yes, indeed!

realized through the Incarnation of God the Son as the physical seed and heir of David.

Not realized but secured and assured to be realized in the future. The zeal of YHVH of Hosts will accomplish it.

You are mistaken. Such was the very purpose and fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant achieved by the Incarnate Christ.

So...you deny that the Father has reigned over His Universal Kingdom since the beginning of creation. I wouldn't have thought that.

He sits on the eternal (promised) throne now which will be witnessed by all men at His second coming.

The Lord Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father in His Father's throne, as the scriptures repeatedly declare.

There are two thrones referenced here.
One is the Father's in which Jesus is now sitting.
The other belongs to the Lord Jesus which is yet future.
David never occupied the Father's throne in heaven and it is never called David's throne.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

David's throne was and shall be over Jacob/Israel. Luk 1:32 Luk 1:33

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
steko,

I believe Nang is talking about the Messianic prophecies, that a Messiah King would come. This was fulfilled in Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the Lord Jesus is the Messianic King, however.....He is not presently sitting on the throne of David. That takes place at His second coming.
He was born to be King and testify to the truth.

Was He King when He was born? I think so.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He is King of Kings and LORD of Lords!
Are you talking about His Father?

John 18:37 NASB - Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you talking about His Father?

John 18:37 NASB - Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

No....I'm talking about the LORD Jesus.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No....I'm talking about the LORD Jesus.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
LORD is YHVH (this is God's name). Lord is Jesus, God's Son.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Adonai is only used of YHVH. Why is the Lord[Adon vs 1] who is sitting at YHVH's right hand in Ps 110 also called Adonai in verse 5?

Psa 110:5 The Lord[Adonai] at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
No. Jesus is Lord and at YHVH(God)'s right hand. Do you think in this I am mistaken?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No. Jesus is Lord and at YHVH(God)'s right hand. Do you think in this I am mistaken?

No, I don't think you are mistaken but I also don't think that I'm getting my point across to you.

That's what I said....Jesus is Lord[Adon/Kurios] per Ps 110:1.
But that same Lord[Adon] in Ps 110:1 is called Lord[Adonai] in Ps 110:5. Adonai is never applied to anyone but YHVH in the OT.
How do you explain its application to the Lord Jesus in vs 5?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, I don't think you are mistaken but I also don't think that I'm getting my point across to you.

But that same Lord[Adon] in Ps 110:1 is called Lord[Adonai] in Ps 110:5. Adonai is never applied to anyone but YHVH in the OT.
My understanding is that YHVH said to Jesus (Lord).

JosephR

Hashem said unto Adoni [i.e., Moshiach Adoneinu; Malachi 3:1], Sit thou at My right hand, until I make thine enemies a footstool for thy feet.

Tehillim 110:5O

5 (6) Adonoi at thy right hand shall dash melachim (kings) in pieces in the Yom Afo (Day of His Wrath).

The Father is speaking to the Messiah.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God

This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.

If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.

Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).

Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?

“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”

Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.

Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]

Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).

“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).

“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).

“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).

“The lengthening of the ā on Adonai [the Lord God] may be traced to the concern of the Masoretes to mark the word as sacred by a small external sign” (Theological Dictionary of the OT, “Adon,” p. 63 and Theological Dictionary of the NT, III, 1060ff. n.109).

“The form ‘to my lord,’ l’adoni, is never used in the OT as a divine reference…the generally accepted fact that the masoretic pointing distinguishes divine references (adonai) from human references (adoni)” (Wigram, The Englishman’s Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the OT, p. 22) (Herbert Bateman, “Psalm 110:1 and the NT,” Bibliothecra Sacra, Oct.-Dec., 1992, p. 438).

http://focusonthekingdom.org/articles/adonai.htm