Wiki Leaks, Catholics and Aliens

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Do you think that's impossible?

If an intelligent alien species became known to us (highly unlikely), would it in any way affect your Christian faith?
Good question.

There are some people who view aliens as saviors who will save both people and the earth from destruction. The people who believe this claim to be in contact with these aliens and that they receive information and instructions from them. This goes against Christian theology and the number of people who accept and believe this is growing.
Well, in that case its the people who are screwy, not the aliens.

6days

Do you think that's impossible?
If an intelligent alien species became known to us (highly unlikely), would it in any way affect your Christian faith?
Yes...it is impossible that intelligent moral beings exist elsewhere in the universe.
I'm not sure if you agreed, but scripture tells us that "all creation groans" because of the sin of Adam. Aliens thus would be unjustly subject to the consequences of mans sin (pain, suffering, death)... And, they would be sentenced to a Christless eternity, since Christ's atoning death was for the descendants of Adam. Christ did not go to other planets to die for alien worlds... He "died ONCE for all" Rom.6:10, Heb. 9:26, 1Pet.3:18

glassjester

Yes...it is impossible that intelligent moral beings exist elsewhere in the universe.

Angels are intelligent, moral beings. God created them. Some are unfallen. Some are fallen, and will not be redeemed. It is possible for such a being to exist.

There are intelligent, moral beings besides humans. This we know. This, Scripture confirms.

Can there not be any others?

glassjester

Aliens would not be descendants of Adam and Eve and all of God's communication has been with humans.

So I do not see how the existence or nonexistence of alien creatures would have any effect on God's plan for the salvation of Man.

Remember that Scripture tells us there are other intelligent beings created by God, who are not descendants of Adam and Eve, and are not saved by Christ. Namely, angels.

Although angels are spiritual creatures, can we truly say with any certainty that there could be no similar corporeal creatures?

By the way, have you read any of C.S. Lewis' space trilogy - Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength?

6days

Are angels part of creation?
I think likely they were created during the creation week.
Angels are intelligent, moral beings. God created them. Some are unfallen. Some are fallen, and will not be redeemed. It is possible for such a being to exist.

There are intelligent, moral beings besides humans. This we know. This, Scripture confirms.

Great question.... and, I don't think I have a great answer.
But.....Romans 8 tells us that all creation groans. In context, the word 'creation' (ktisis) seems to be referring to all creation including nature, and to us who are in bondage to sin. Verse 21 would exclude demons and angels since they will not be liberated and "brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God".

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Yes...it is impossible that intelligent moral beings exist elsewhere in the universe..........

That is possibly the most ignorant statement I have ever seen in this forum. You have no business saying that ANYTHING is impossible with God. You haven't got the slightest clue what God may or may not have done in this infinite universe.

.......Aliens would not be descendants of Adam and Eve and all of God's communication has been with humans.
Excellent point. OUR salvation history is from Adam to Jesus and the history of this world. Jesus came to take away the Sin of the World, which is to say the sin of Adam and THIS world. What God may or may not have done throughout the rest of the universe, nobody knows.

6days

That is possibly the most ignorant statement I have ever seen in this forum.
Wow.... There must be a hall of fame for such statements?? :)
You have no business saying that ANYTHING is impossible with God.
We know from Scripture that God can not do anything illogical or against His nature. God can't create a rock so big that He can't lift it. (illogical) God can't be unjust or tell a lie. (against His nature).

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.....You have no business saying that ANYTHING is impossible with God.......
.....We know from Scripture that God can not do anything illogical or against His nature......
We know from scripture that God created man, therefore is is NOT against his nature to create beings on worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilstu

Do Demons or devils exist?

glorydaz

Recently I posted a thread suggesting any 'alien invasion' will actually be demons and Satans attempt at gaining the world.

Today.... it seems like the Vatican is in getting people to believe and accept aliens as being compatible with scripture. Part of the most rent Wiki leaks dump contains letters from people with Vatican connections. Excert from the article...
The first step, however, seems to be to have religious people accept the fact that ‘ET’ doesn’t have to contradict what*
they believe in.
The existence of these beings is real. We can’t have doubts.”
http://www.collective-evolution.com...cans-possible-knowledge-of-extraterrestrials/

Do you think the Vatican and 'aliens' may play a part in bringing a temporary peace on earth?

Yikes....I had no idea. This goes right along with evolution and even "global warming". Get people to swallow bigger and bigger chunks of nonsense until we believe anything they dish out.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would the mere possibility of alien life be incompatible with the Christian faith?

And? So what. What does that prove. What would YOU do if you met an alien. If you believe God created all things then you have to believe that God created that alien too. Would you shoot the alien? Why not baptize him. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO! Why is that so crazy. You're such an anti-Catholic jerk. Stop being an imbecile with your conspiracy theories. Maybe you think the Pope is hiding aliens in the basement too. LOL

Did the Lord Jesus die for the aliens?
Wouldn't He have to be related to the aliens in order to die for the aliena?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why would the mere possibility of alien life be incompatible with the Christian faith?

By the way, have you read any of C.S. Lewis' space trilogy - Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength?

I read them. While entertaining, they are far away from reality.
I appreciate Lewis' other writings much more, though I disagree with him on much.

glassjester

I read them. While entertaining, they are far away from reality.

If I remember right (in Perelandra), God's plan for the salvation of Man had absolutely nothing to do with the salvation of other alien creatures. Likewise, the existence of nonhuman creatures would have nothing to do with His plan for our salvation.

No more so than the existence of a toad, right here on Earth.