Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

You have made an error in judgment, I have no faith.
You aren't being honest with yourself. You are 'trying' to make Universalists. That means you are trying to get others to come to your 'faith.'
I am not in a church or religion
Neither was Joseph Smith, or Charles Taze Russell.
I do not hold to any particular doctrine
You do, it is called universalism.

my personal faith is weak
:nono: Your thread is much beyond that. You have an incredible drive to pick these fights all over the internet.

and I only have a two year college education.
I do not disdain men their lack of education. I disdain their over-assertion over it, and your rejection of people that might care about you a bit more than a started fight like this allows. The Universalist has severe problems with Christ and the rest of scripture, but you aren't open to listening. You'd do well to leave this thread alone a bit and try to understand who and where you are posting. In that sense, TOL is a good place. It can allow someone like you to have a place to be. You seem at the moment, like you'd like to not have to go someplace else. It'd be good if you learned to discuss with people here, why they disagree with you, while also learning about other topics. Some here have a small handle on scripture, some are very good in their specific areas God has enabled them in, and there are a few very well educated men and women here.

And I have never, ever denied God or Christ, your true gripe with me is my denial of Christianity , that is what gets your goat. See because you hold Christianity so high, you think its wrong not to.
Well, lift up the mirror, you do a good amount of this to yourself, and on purpose. You make a hard indelible stand. Truth must out. I have found that out, no matter my championing a thing, just because I'm right doesn't prove anything. God must reveal it. I do NOT think Universalism fits well at all with scriptures. I believe it is seriously against them, genuinely.

So when someone views your understanding as faulty, your pride is offended.
Well, look at your prior humility▲ God gives grace to the humble. It 'looks' like, for a moment, you humbled yourself. Would you undo that now with accusation of pride in another? There are a few 2 year college degree folks here, there are some that have Doctorate degrees.

And I understand that. The pride in Christianity is large.
I'm not sure you get the full of it. It isn't pride, for me. If you could prove me wrong, I'd change. I am fully convinced scripture is against you on this. I'd even say, if I were to be in heaven, and it would mess it up for the rest of humanity, I would that I would burn in hell for eternity, than suffer any one of you the hell I'd bring if God could not remove my iniquity as far as the East from the West. I don't like my sin. It DOES hurt people. God does not/cannot wink at it.

Lon

I know you have a need to accuse me of blasphemy , and that you will accuse me every chance you get, because you are intimidated, and I understand that.
:nono: In a moment of kindness, I'm trying to tell you, you are breaking a TOL rule.

The bible clearly states that God winks at sin, it means he is not counting it against the sinner , he thus does not see it. He never approves of sin, you just threw that term" Approval" in there to help with your slander.
Well, there you go. I was pretty sure you didn't know what it meant. Now I'm sure. You don't know what it means.
I gave the scripture that shows he winks at sin, and its nothing you can do about that, but try your slander.

:nono: There is NO verse that says "God winks at sin." Find it. If you do Google all the time for verses this should be easy. Find it and post it. I have never read any version that says this.

Mickiel

You aren't being honest with yourself. You are 'trying' to make Universalists. That means you are trying to get others to come to your 'faith.' Quote

I have no faith, and could care less what faith people want to be in. I don't try to convince others of my views, I simply share them.
People can believe as they wish.

I don't like my sin. It DOES hurt people. God does not/cannot wink at it.

Acts 17:30, God has winked at sin. Period. The latter part of same verse has God commanding men to repent after he winked; you repent from sin.

Mickiel

I'm not sure you get the full of it. It isn't pride, for me. If you could prove me wrong, I'd change. I am fully convinced scripture is against you on this. I'd even say, if I were to be in heaven, and it would mess it up for the rest of humanity, I would that I would burn in hell for eternity, than suffer any one of you the hell I'd bring if God could not remove my iniquity as far as the East from the West. I don't like my sin. It DOES hurt people. God does not/cannot wink at it.

I hold no interest in proving you or anyone here wrong. I believe you, and everyone here is saved. Its just that I see the salvation of all others too.

Apple7

See now your trying to push that I don't believe in the bible and that I bash it, it sounded good coming out of your mouth at the time, but you don't realize its false. I have used closing in on 200 scriptures in this thread ; and you stunningly accuse me of such rabble. Now others may let you get away with it, but your way does not work on me, its transparent and I see through it.

If you believed in the Holy Bible, then you could not possibly have made this prior comment...

I am not Christian, so my understanding is not Christian, I do not view biblical things as a Christian would. I do not view Jesus as being God; Jesus is Jesus, God is God, two separate beings. I do not believe in the Christian trinity, I see only one God. Now, what is Jesus now? Is he a God? I am not really sure on that, I don't know what Jesus is, but he is the Son of a God. He is second in command and sits on the right hand of God. I don't know a whole lot about Jesus, I wish I did.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4566520&postcount=523

Now...

How could anyone in their right mind keep claiming that they believe in the Holy Bible, and come away with your pathetically stupid response of....'I don't know a whole lot about Jesus; I wish I did'...'He is second in command'....'I don't know what Jesus is'...'I do not view Jesus as being God'...etc, etc...

You redefine hypocrisy.

Prizebeatz1

Can someone please explain to me how all paths could NOT lead to God if God is everywhere? I feel this thread has stopped helping us reach a resolution to the original question. And please don't try to skip this question because it's inconvenient. I honestly want to hear what people have to say.

Mickiel

If you believed in the Holy Bible, then you could not possibly have made this prior comment...

Now...

How could anyone in their right mind keep claiming that they believe in the Holy Bible, and come away with your pathetically stupid response of....'I don't know a whole lot about Jesus; I wish I did'...'He is second in command'....'I don't know what Jesus is'...'I do not view Jesus as being God'...etc, etc...

You redefine hypocrisy.

Well I don't know a lot about Jesus , I don't know if Jesus is a God. In John 1:1 he is " The Word", then it says the Word was God. I don't understand that when I compare it to Isaiah 43:11, 44:6 and 45:5 where God himself says that he alone is God, and besides him there is no other God, and Jesus was sitting besides him each time he said that. So I kind of go with what God said, but I still am not totally clear on it.

Apple7

Can someone please explain to me how all paths could NOT lead to God if God is everywhere? I feel this thread has stopped helping us reach a resolution to the original question. And please don't try to skip this question because it's inconvenient. I honestly want to hear what people have to say.

How many ways did Jesus say there were?

Mickiel

Well I have a differing view on the meaning of God being omnipresent. When the bible says in proverbs that the eyes of the Lord are everywhere, I think that means his angels are everywhere, looking for him. I do not view God as omnipresent by being everywhere at the same time. Why would God need to be everywhere? God sits on a throne , so we know he can be in a single place at a single time, but I don't think he is literally spread out everywhere, no.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well I don't know a lot about Jesus , I don't know if Jesus is a God. In John 1:1 he is " The Word", then it says the Word was God. I don't understand that when I compare it to Isaiah 43:11, 44:6 and 45:5 where God himself says that he alone is God, and besides him there is no other God, and Jesus was sitting besides him each time he said that. So I kind of go with what God said, but I still am not totally clear on it.

The truth comes out on Mikiel, a Christ denier who rejects Jesus Christ is God. It took long enough :devil:

Apple7

I'm hearing a lot of 'I don't Knows', brother.

You don't sound very confident in your knowledge of the Holy Bible, and your Creator....but, you sure as heck want to use it for your lame position of universal salvation!!!

As I said before, this is why we keep people like you around....so that they can be exposed for the scriptural-ignorants that they most assuredly are...

Mickiel

The truth comes out on Mikiel, a Christ denier who rejects Jesus Christ is God. It took long enough :devil:

I don't think Jesus is God, but as far as him " Being a God", that may be possible, but I doubt it. God cannot die, Jesus died. God cannot be tempted by anything, Jesus got tempted by the devil, although it did not work. And I have other reasons that concern me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:nono: In a moment of kindness, I'm trying to tell you, you are breaking a TOL rule.

Well, there you go. I was pretty sure you didn't know what it meant. Now I'm sure. You don't know what it means.

:nono: There is NO verse that says "God winks at sin." Find it. If you do Google all the time for verses this should be easy. Find it and post it. I have never read any version that says this.

Hebrews 8:12 KJV - but Mikiel confuses this and other verses like this, and thinks it's ok to sin willfully

Mickiel

I'm hearing a lot of 'I don't Knows', brother.

You don't sound very confident in your knowledge of the Holy Bible, and your Creator....but, you sure as heck want to use it for your lame position of universal salvation!!!

As I said before, this is why we keep people like you around....so that they can be exposed for the scriptural-ignorants that they most assuredly are...

Well now, at least you seem to have backed off of that kick me out attitude, I never did see what I did to deserve it while that lynch mob spirit was here for a minute.

Strange, I have used just about 200 scriptures, and you have yet to show a willingness to discuss any of them in detail. And my biblical knowledge is growing, but I am ignorant of many things that I would like to know. For now.

Lon

Acts 17:30, God has winked at sin. Period. The latter part of same verse has God commanding men to repent after he winked; you repent from sin.
Which translation are you using? I think that's the problem, thanks for finding it.

τοὺς μὲν ον χρόνους τῆς ἀγνοίας ὑπεριδὼν ὁ Θεὸς
Now men the time of ignorance overlooked God

I see even Strong's uses 'winked' but not primarily. Winked at is a problematic connotations but at the time, they didn't mean to knowlingly participate or approve, which is part of the dictionary definition, today. I just think there are better words to uses, especially as the word given means literally look over.

Mickiel

Hebrews 8:12 KJV - but Mikiel confuses this and other verses like this, and thinks it's ok to sin willfully

I don't think its okay to sin willfully, and it is impossible for you to show me saying that here ; because I have not. I just believe the bible when it says we have an advocate for our sins, and I believe Jesus when he said he took the sins of the world away. I think its a waste of time and belief to form church doctrines that bring those sins back that got took away, just to pin them on unbelievers. I don't like that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think Jesus is God, but as far as him " Being a God", that may be possible, but I doubt it. God cannot die, Jesus died. God cannot be tempted by anything, Jesus got tempted by the devil, although it did not work. And I have other reasons that concern me.

Most of us thought you believed in the Trinity; the Godhead. It simply destroys your credibility with me.

Colossians 2:9 KJV - plus you can hover your mouse over my signature scriptures one by one and read more in under a minute.

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think its okay to sin willfully, and it is impossible for you to show me saying that here ; because I have not. I just believe the bible when it says we have an advocate for our sins, and I believe Jesus when he said he took the sins of the world away. I think its a waste of time and belief to form church doctrines that bring those sins back that got took away, just to pin them on unbelievers. I don't like that.

How could Jesus save you if he's not God ?:duh:

Status
Not open for further replies.