ECT Why the NT refers to the promise as one/singular

SaulToPaul 2

Christ was the hope, and fulfilled it. His message automatically becomes a mission, which is also the fulfillment of what was promised.

There is no promise about the land of Israel that matters for any reason. Everything is complete and unified, and coherent in the above 'fulfillment within a fulfillment'.

Made up. Bible believers do not talk like you, but commentary worshipers do.

Interplanner

Christ is also the total fulfillment of Zechariah's vision's which are quoted heavily, and mostly about the kingdom and temple coming, which was Christ. That is why living water flows. It is not about waiting for a replica of the monarchy of old. It was about Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

Christ is also the total fulfillment of Zechariah's vision's which are quoted heavily, and mostly about the kingdom and temple coming, which was Christ. That is why living water flows. It is not about waiting for a replica of the monarchy of old. It was about Christ.

From a commentary, not the Holy Bible.

SaulToPaul 2

Christ is also the total fulfillment of Zechariah's vision's

Zech 5
6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

SaulToPaul 2

Zech 5
6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

:idunno:

Interplanner

The reason the coming temple in Hag 2 is greater than the existing one is not a matter of physical or aesthetic impressiveness. This makes the temple of Herod that much more of a paradox, following the miserable one Hag 2 mentions. It was that it was going to be Christ and the living temple.

SaulToPaul 2

The reason the coming temple in Hag 2 is greater than the existing one is not a matter of physical or aesthetic impressiveness. This makes the temple of Herod that much more of a paradox, following the miserable one Hag 2 mentions. It was that it was going to be Christ and the living temple.

Put down the commentaries.

SaulToPaul 2

Is Christ the total fulfillment of Zechariah 5?

Interplanner

I have heard the typical futurist at a churchianity church on Malachi say that its temple prophecies were not fulfilled in Christ and his Gospel but was coming later. The pastor was then asked 'well, what were things like at the end of the 400 'silent' years?' (since the presentation was saying that Malachi was the last word for 400 years). He had no background on the Pharisee movement, no explanation for what Herod's behemoth was like, nothing about zealots--even though one escaped execution in Jesus' own trial, etc.

The Bible is made complicated when removed from its historic setting.

SaulToPaul 2

I have heard the typical futurist at a churchianity church on Malachi say that its temple prophecies were not fulfilled in Christ and his Gospel but was coming later. The pastor was then asked 'well, what were things like at the end of the 400 'silent' years?' (since the presentation was saying that Malachi was the last word for 400 years). He had no background on the Pharisee movement, no explanation for what Herod's behemoth was like, nothing about zealots--even though one escaped execution in Jesus' own trial, etc.

The Bible is made complicated when removed from its historic setting.

Only the intellectual elite and history experts, like IP, have a chance of understanding the Holy Bible.

Interplanner

STP: I have you on ignore. If someone quotes you because it is worthwhile, I'll have a look at it. Just saving you some effort. You seem to respond 2-4x to my posts. I don't consider yours worth responding to, after 3 months trying.

SaulToPaul 2

STP: I have you on ignore. If someone quotes you because it is worthwhile, I'll have a look at it. Just saving you some effort. You seem to respond 2-4x to my posts. I don't consider yours worth responding to, after 3 months trying.

My responses aren't to you, they are to mark you as a wolf for others to see.

dodge

Made up. Bible believers do not talk like you, but commentary worshipers do.

STP, Since the first mention of Jesus is Genesis 3 you don't believe Jesus D.B.R, resurrection, and ascension is a fulfillment of the majority of prophecies ? The prophecies that are left have to do with tribulation on earth and even those are about the return of Jesus after the tribulation.