Why Stop At Birth?

Kit the Coyote

This is being "POLITE". Seriously? :rolleyes:

An error on my part. I felt a loaded question was being put to me and jokingly replied with the classic example of a loaded question. Looking back at it I think I was in error in both cases and I apologize to the board. I do endeavor to be polite in discussions and humorous as well when the mood strikes me but I am not perfect.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Surely not?
As far as I can tell.

I asked numerous times for an example of a state that does not allow abortion up till birth. The only response I got — Oklahoma? Ohio? Can't remember :noid: — did just that.

Internationally it is the same. New Zealand for one.

Kit the Coyote

As far as I can tell.

I asked numerous times for an example of a state that does not allow abortion up till birth. The only response I got — Oklahoma? Ohio? Can't remember :noid: — did just that.

Internationally it is the same. New Zealand for one.

Most states allow it because the court cases have made clear that you cannot impose a blanket ban that does not allow for an exemption when the life and/or health of the mother is at risk. To the best of my knowledge, nearly all states impose restrictions on late-term abortions with those exemptions in mind.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Most states allow it

And they shouldn't allow abortion or infanticide at all.

because the court cases have made clear

The law isn't decided by court cases.

If we're just talking about the US Legal system, the law is decided by legislators, not judges. Judges can give their opinions, but that does not make their opinions law.

Moral law, however, says that killing the innocent is a capital crime. A baby, in the womb or out, from the moment of conception, is innocent.

that you cannot impose a blanket ban that does not allow for an exemption when the life and/or health of the mother is at risk.

Life of the mother is an excuse to kill one's child. There is never a valid reason to kill an innocent person to save someone else.

To the best of my knowledge, nearly all states impose restrictions on late-term abortions with those exemptions in mind.

Which is basically just another way of saying that not a single child is saved from being slaughtered.

Kit the Coyote

And they shouldn't allow abortion or infanticide at all.

That would be the ideal, yes.

Life of the mother is an excuse to kill one's child. There is never a valid reason to kill an innocent person to save someone else.

So if it comes down to a choice between the life of a mother and her unborn child the mother is automatically the one to die by government mandate? Shouldn't that be a choice of the family, not some unrelated lawmaker?
What about a case where only the mother could live?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That would be the ideal, yes.

That's the goal, not just an ideal.

So if it comes down to a choice between the life of a mother and her unborn child the mother is automatically the one to die by government mandate?

No.

The goal is to save as many lives as possible.

If it is not possible to save one of the lives, then you don't kill the person, nor do you stop caring for them.

Shouldn't that be a choice of the family, not some unrelated lawmaker?

No one has the right to tell an innocent person they must die so that someone else can live. That goes for babies too.

What about a case where only the mother could live?

Care to provide an example?

Kit the Coyote

That's the goal, not just an ideal.

Agreed

No.

The goal is to save as many lives as possible.

Agreed

If it is not possible to save one of the lives, then you don't kill the person, nor do you stop caring for them.

Ideally, but that may not always be possible.

Care to provide an example?

A question best asked of the medical experts debating the issue. I am not a doctor and only play a healer in RPGs. The best I can provide off the top of my head is what the NY law was calling a non-viable child. A child that may not be dead in the womb but will not live once it is born.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
my scumbag governor :vomit:

Separate kids from their families.
Reduce the budget allotment for low-income children.
Get rid of WIC.
Help more people to ignore emergency heart surgery for infants and children.
As Christians, focus on Psalm 137:9:
"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks!”
Put more children in prison.
Be pro-life, but say nothing about war, genocide, capital punishment, or violence in general.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most states allow it because the court cases have made clear that you cannot impose a blanket ban that does not allow for an exemption when the life and/or health of the mother is at risk. To the best of my knowledge, nearly all states impose restrictions on late-term abortions with those exemptions in mind.
And so does New York.

The point was, the New York law is nothing different from what happens elsewhere. Babies being murdered is routine, wherever you go.

But thanks for muddying the waters again.

Last edited:

Kit the Coyote

Which has nothing to do with what you were asked about.

It is the best answer I can give, I am not a doctor nor am I going to pretend that I know the circumstances where such a decision would be necessary. I find it rather doubtful that they do not exist but would be greatly pleased to be wrong in that.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it rather doubtful that they do not exist but would be greatly pleased to be wrong in that.

In an emergency situation, sometimes the best course of action is to deliver the baby. There is never a need to stop delivering the baby in order to kill him.

Abortion is never necessary for the life of the mother. Delivery might be the best bet. It is never necessary to stop delivering the baby in order to murder her.

Abortion is never necessary.

Kit the Coyote

In an emergency situation, sometimes the best course of action is to deliver the baby. There is never a need to stop delivering the baby in order to kill him.

Abortion is never necessary for the life of the mother. Delivery might be the best bet. It is never necessary to stop delivering the baby in order to murder her.

Abortion is never necessary.

You seem to be narrowing the situation to justify the answer. My understanding is you are right, you would not stop a delivery in progress to perform an abortion, that would actually be more dangerous. That does not mean that a situation outside those bounds might exist that makes it necessary. But you are welcome to provide your medical expertise to the lawmakers involved.