ECT WHY NO ONE FOLLOWS JESUS ??

heir

TOL Subscriber
Here's your answer.

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works... (Hebrews 6:1 NKJV)​

Jesus told the Jews to repent and believe the gospel so repentance is one of his precepts.
You still haven't answered the question. It would be nice if you would.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You have neither...it's the same word
Nope. Love fails all the time. Charity is defined right there in a King James Bible and it never faileth!

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

love

charity

It's spelled different and is different!

The Greek "agape" is translated "love" 86 times in the KJV New Testament, and "charity" 27 times. Why? The KJV translators saw a different meaning in the type of love. This love in certain passages is different from love of God or other types of love than, specifically, the love between Christian brothers and sisters, where "charity" is used for this type of love. Beyond 1 Corinthians 13, the "love chapter," also see 2 Thessalonians 1:3, 1 Peter 4:8-9, 3 John 1:5-6 in the KJV.

Of course, in modern terms, "charity" being the likes of giving to organizations that help the poor or some need is not the charity of the KJV, obviously so, since an abundant giver can lack "charity" in this verse:

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This is one of those words, as a modern person, you learn of the KJV, which imparts a deeper meaning, when you see what's behind it, making the KJV, as always, the most remarkable of English Bibles.

DAN P

The Greek "agape" is translated "love" 86 times in the KJV New Testament, and "charity" 27 times. Why? The KJV translators saw a different meaning in the type of love. This love in certain passages is different from love of God or other types of love than, specifically, the love between Christian brothers and sisters, where "charity" is used for this type of love. Beyond 1 Corinthians 13, the "love chapter," also see 2 Thessalonians 1:3, 1 Peter 4:8-9, 3 John 1:5-6 in the KJV.

Of course, in modern terms, "charity" being the likes of giving to organizations that help the poor or some need is not the charity of the KJV, obviously so, since an abundant giver can lack "charity" in this verse:

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This is one of those words, as a modern person, you learn of the KJV, which imparts a deeper meaning, when you see what's behind it, making the KJV, as always, the most remarkable of English Bibles.

Hi and why not look at Col 1:26 and Explain that word " KEPT SECRET " instead of pilling on heir and impress me !!

dan p