ECT Why Mathew 24:34 Is the "Death Knell" to Preterism

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Mathew 24:34 "This generation shall not pass"

Jesus told the generation of His 1st Advent this...

Mt. 16:4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.

All of Mt. 24 shows signs that Jesus prophesied to Israel. This is an easy win because Jesus explains that ALL will SEE HIM. He makes it clear that it is a global event when He returns. It will be the Judgment and the Supernatural will occur.

The 70 A.D. "Death Knell" is that all eyes didn't see! The generation of that day was told that all they would receive is the Sign of Jonah, which is Jesus' Death, Burial and Resurrection.

Let's bury this 70 A.D. Heresy with scripture and make fun of the Preterists as they rush to their commentaries.

Pick up that B-I-B-L-E and keep these Dispensational posts right out of scripture so the preterists can be seen for the Pharisees hanging on to their modern Extra biblical lies that they are.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Luke 7:31) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

(Luke 11:30) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(Luke 11:32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

As wee see above, every time Luke used the phrase "This Generation" it referred to the generation of Jesus' and Luke's contemporaries in the first century.

Luke was NOT referring to a generation 2,000 years into the future.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the verse, the word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

Had Jesus been referring to a future generation of people, then the proper demonstrative adjective would be "that".

The rules of grammar prove dispensationalism wrong in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13.

DAN P

(Luke 7:31) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

(Luke 11:30) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(Luke 11:32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

As wee see above, every time Luke used the phrase "This Generation" it referred to the generation of Jesus' and Luke's contemporaries in the first century.

Luke was NOT referring to a generation 2,000 years into the future.

Hi and Matt 24 and the whole book of the Revelation is yet FUTURE as GENERATION / GENEA has many meanings , like , GENERATION , TIME , AGE , NATION !!

Acts 2:16-22 are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and is inescapable !!

THE passages in Acts 2 are the NEAR VIEW and the Passage in Matt 24 and the book of the Revelation , is the FAR VIEW so it is yet FUTURE !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mathew 24:34 "This generation shall not pass"

Jesus told the generation of His 1st Advent this...

Mt. 16:4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.

All of Mt. 24 shows signs that Jesus prophesied to Israel. This is an easy win because Jesus explains that ALL will SEE HIM. He makes it clear that it is a global event when He returns. It will be the Judgment and the Supernatural will occur.

The 70 A.D. "Death Knell" is that all eyes didn't see! The generation of that day was told that all they would receive is the Sign of Jonah, which is Jesus' Death, Burial and Resurrection.

Let's bury this 70 A.D. Heresy with scripture and make fun of the Preterists as they rush to their commentaries.

Pick up that B-I-B-L-E and keep these Dispensational posts right out of scripture so the preterists can be seen for the Pharisees hanging on to their modern Extra biblical lies that they are.
That's the end of preterism on TOL !!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are still tears, pain and suffering

Not in the kingdom.

However, the kingdom is not on planet earth, nor will it ever be on planet earth.

(John 18:36) Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

Dispensationalism is a mess!

DAN P

Not in the kingdom.

However, the kingdom is not on planet earth, nor will it ever be on planet earth.

(John 18:36) Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

Dispensationalism is a mess!

Hi and the CONTEXT is during Jesus ministry for ONE !!

Jesus said MY KINGDOM is not of this world is very true for it is in the hands of SATAN !!

The Greek word for WORLD / KOSMOS has many meaning , like , WORLD , UNIVERSE , INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH , WORLD AFFAIRS , and Christ will reign when the EARTH becomes His FOOTSTOOL !!

But IF my Kingdom were of this world , then would His servants FIGHT which is a verb in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and means it would be a short FIGHT !!

At the end of the GREAT TRIBULATION , then Christ Kingdom will be in CONTROL !!

dan p

genuineoriginal

Matthew 24:1-8
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.​

Matthew 24:32-33
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.​

The writings of Josephus show that the buildings of the temple were destroyed in 70 CE.
That fulfilled the prophecy that, "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

However, the fulfillment of all these things only indicated the start of something bigger, as shown by the prophecy, "when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.​

The destruction of the buildings of the temple in 70 CE was a sign that the great tribulation was about to start.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 24:1-8
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.​

Matthew 24:32-33
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.​

The writings of Josephus show that the buildings of the temple were destroyed in 70 CE.
That fulfilled the prophecy that, "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

However, the fulfillment of all these things only indicated the start of something bigger, as shown by the prophecy, "when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.​

The destruction of the buildings of the temple in 70 CE was a sign that the great tribulation was about to start.

I am very familliar with this view and it holds much supporting validity. The events of Revelation and all Prophetic scripture have partial fulfillment all over the place and with the reemergence of the literal nation of Israel (I say literal to distinguish Israel from the false perception entitled "spiritual Israel" by replacement doctrine types)and its division coupled with growing national focus for positive and mostly negative on the global conglomerate of nations, we can rapidly see scripture jumping off the page and onto the news.

You reminded me of the massive verse that full Preterism seems to glean over without thought...

Matthew 13:49 So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous

No matter how systematic Preterism thinks it is, it has to pretend that the wicked and the righteous have been separated by angels.

This amazes me, because this literally points to a binding of earthly wickedness. If wickedness is bound, I do believe we have to re read scripture and re define wickedness, because things just ain't right on this side of life.

genuineoriginal

I am very familliar with this view and it holds much supporting validity. The events of Revelation and all Prophetic scripture have partial fulfillment all over the place and with the reemergence of the literal nation of Israel (I say literal to distinguish Israel from the false perception entitled "spiritual Israel" by replacement doctrine types)and its division coupled with growing national focus for positive and mostly negative on the global conglomerate of nations, we can rapidly see scripture jumping off the page and onto the news.

You reminded me of the massive verse that full Preterism seems to glean over without thought...

Matthew 13:49 So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous

No matter how systematic Preterism thinks it is, it has to pretend that the wicked and the righteous have been separated by angels.

This amazes me, because this literally points to a binding of earthly wickedness. If wickedness is bound, I do believe we have to re read scripture and re define wickedness, because things just ain't right on this side of life.

In my studies of prophecy, I learned that the "great tribulation" is describing the exile of the children of Israel from the land of promise.
This exile is also known as the Diaspora.
We have witnessing the beginning of the end of the Diaspora with the birth of Israel as a nation in 1948.
This came about because God called the children of Israel back to the land of promise.
There are still many of the children of Israel living in Diaspora.
Prophecy suggests that there will be a final exodus of the children of Israel from the nations to signal the end of the "great tribulation".

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
In my studies of prophecy, I learned that the "great tribulation" is describing the exile of the children of Israel from the land of promise.
This exile is also known as the Diaspora.
We have witnessing the beginning of the end of the Diaspora with the birth of Israel as a nation in 1948.
This came about because God called the children of Israel back to the land of promise.
There are still many of the children of Israel living in Diaspora.
Prophecy suggests that there will be a final exodus of the children of Israel from the nations to signal the end of the "great tribulation".

As always, I cite the disclaimer that no one should draw up their "end is nigh" signs... but.., yes... this is an enormously genuine view that holds an abundance of support from scripture.

Well said!

Wick Stick

children-the_end_is_near-the_end_is_nigh-the_end-end_of_the_world-the_rapture-rmo0290_low.jpg

Interplanner

As always, I cite the disclaimer that no one should draw up their "end is nigh" signs... but.., yes... this is an enormously genuine view that holds an abundance of support from scripture.

Well said!

There are many mistakes about the GO's post.
1, the renewed interest in the land started in northern Europe in the 1800s. (It was known as a common thing in such novels as DANIEL DERONDA, set in London). The interest was among Jews and they were reading their Old Testament texts without any reference to the NT. There is no difference between that and what Jesus ran into, nor any difference between that and the modern Hassidic-appeal movie DOVID MEYER, 2013. Both are appeals to re-energize Hassidic Judaism apart from any reference to Christ. Yet DOVID MEYER was shown this spring on DAYSTAR which is supposedly a Christian network!

2, the time of enormous turmoil as seen by GO is actually a highly minority view. It would mean that we would have to shift the POV from what would happen to Christians believing in Christ and their persecution to what would happen to Jews all around the world for some 2000 years and their persecution. Normally futurism treats the "Great Tribulation" as a 7 year period yet to come. So GO is pretty far off, even from organized futurism.

The time of unbelievable turmoil, says the text, was in that generation in Judea. It is a historic event about which futurism has buried the information and common knowledge simply by neglect or by tritely referring to "70AD" as a blip. The massive problems of Judaistic zealots and all that they caused Israel at that time are actually major background considerations from the time of Judas the Galilean's revolt (Lk 5:36) to Bar Kochba in 135.

All this was expected since Dan 8:13--the rebellion that desolates the country. Dan 9 even has a prayer which is answered by God's messenger, that while Israel falls apart, Messiah accomplishes everything in the 70th week for the righteousness of God to be known to the world--his death and resurrection. Paul expected the end of the world right after Jerusalem's collapse. And Rom 1 and 13 speak of the instrument of God's wrath upon those who are rebellious, which validates the Roman policing of Judea at the time. In spite of its faults, Paul knew Rome was in place with its roads, ships and simple Greek communication to sweep the known world with the Gospel mission.

In Mt 24 at v29 we see that the focus/setting shifts from 1st century Judea to the whole world and its judgement and is expected (though not finalized) immediately after the destruction of Jerusalem.

btw, the siege of Jerusalem to deal with Judaism's zealots once for all was roughly 3.5 years.

So GO is too far off to be of any interest, and 1948 means almost nothing, and modern Israel is no more than 8% evangelical, last I checked, and I'm glad it exists instead of a caliphate; that part of the world needs it.

SaulToPaul 2

There are many mistakes about the GO's post.
1, the renewed interest in the land started in northern Europe in the 1800s. (It was known as a common thing in such novels as DANIEL DERONDA, set in London). The interest was among Jews and they were reading their Old Testament texts without any reference to the NT. There is no difference between that and what Jesus ran into, nor any difference between that and the modern Hassidic-appeal movie DOVID MEYER, 2013. Both are appeals to re-energize Hassidic Judaism apart from any reference to Christ. Yet DOVID MEYER was shown this spring on DAYSTAR which is supposedly a Christian network!

2, the time of enormous turmoil as seen by GO is actually a highly minority view. It would mean that we would have to shift the POV from what would happen to Christians believing in Christ and their persecution to what would happen to Jews all around the world for some 2000 years and their persecution. Normally futurism treats the "Great Tribulation" as a 7 year period yet to come. So GO is pretty far off, even from organized futurism.

The time of unbelievable turmoil, says the text, was in that generation in Judea. It is a historic event about which futurism has buried the information and common knowledge simply by neglect or by tritely referring to "70AD" as a blip. The massive problems of Judaistic zealots and all that they caused Israel at that time are actually major background considerations from the time of Judas the Galilean's revolt (Lk 5:36) to Bar Kochba in 135.

All this was expected since Dan 8:13--the rebellion that desolates the country. Dan 9 even has a prayer which is answered by God's messenger, that while Israel falls apart, Messiah accomplishes everything in the 70th week for the righteousness of God to be known to the world--his death and resurrection. Paul expected the end of the world right after Jerusalem's collapse. And Rom 1 and 13 speak of the instrument of God's wrath upon those who are rebellious, which validates the Roman policing of Judea at the time. In spite of its faults, Paul knew Rome was in place with its roads, ships and simple Greek communication to sweep the known world with the Gospel mission.

In Mt 24 at v29 we see that the focus/setting shifts from 1st century Judea to the whole world and its judgement and is expected (though not finalized) immediately after the destruction of Jerusalem.

btw, the siege of Jerusalem to deal with Judaism's zealots once for all was roughly 3.5 years.

So GO is too far off to be of any interest, and 1948 means almost nothing, and modern Israel is no more than 8% evangelical, last I checked, and I'm glad it exists instead of a caliphate; that part of the world needs it.

Oh. Thanks.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you read the New Testament carefully, you'll see that while, yes, everything that was going on in Acts prior to Paul's conversion was a fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the end times (Revelation came later, if I remember correctly...), you'll notice that after his conversion, the persecutions stopped (for the most part, at least as far as what was recorded), the Israelites were dispersed, and there was no second coming of Christ.

Peter even said that everything that was happening was happening as Joel prophesied.

So what happened? Did Jesus lie? Was Peter wrong? No.

Jesus was not lying, but the circumstances changed, and so God turned His back on Israel, so that He could work with the rest of the world to redeem them.

God promised them that He would return quickly, but they rebelled against him, and so God changed His mind about coming back.

The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying:“Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.”Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel.And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:“O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it. - Jeremiah 18:1-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah18:1-10&version=NKJV

Interplanner

The generation following Jesus rebelled against working in his mission, and the natural effect of that was to be consumed by the rebellion against Rome (Jesus tried to salvage Galilean zealots as a prime target, because they were most inclined to fan the rebellion back in to full force).

He doesn't do anything with races anymore, Rom 11:30. It is all in and through Christ.

There is nothing to be done with the race of Israel at the 2nd coming, 2 Peter 3, Acts 17 and several other ordinary/non-symbolic passages on it. The whole world will be judged through Christ who will condemn unbelief to punishment and redo the universe as the NHNE.

SaulToPaul 2

The generation following Jesus rebelled against working in his mission, and the natural effect of that was to be consumed by the rebellion against Rome (Jesus tried to salvage Galilean zealots as a prime target, because they were most inclined to fan the rebellion back in to full force).

He doesn't do anything with races anymore, Rom 11:30. It is all in and through Christ.

There is nothing to be done with the race of Israel at the 2nd coming, 2 Peter 3, Acts 17 and several other ordinary/non-symbolic passages on it. The whole world will be judged through Christ who will condemn unbelief to punishment and redo the universe as the NHNE.

:chuckle:

Matthew 10:23 (KJV) regarding "his mission"