Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have an idea but there's no way any answer to this question coming from me would be taken seriously....
I'd back you up ... probably .... most likely ... ummm ... maybe .... :noid:

:D

Because Nick M and Lighthouse are MAD's.

And there is a whole other world outside of TOL where people are vulgar, uncouth and insulting beyond measure. Many of them share traits as well. Pointing out that a couple of MAD people on TOL like to call people morons is kinda passe.

How about I strap an "I'm YEC" to your chest and send you into PZ's camp for a few minutes.

You crybabies really need to grow a bit of a thicker skin (or learn to ignore people you don't like).

bybee

Indeed

Indeed

I'd back you up ... probably .... most likely ... ummm ... maybe .... :noid:

:D

And there is a whole other world outside of TOL where people are vulgar, uncouth and insulting beyond measure. Many of them share traits as well. Pointing out that a couple of MAD people on TOL like to call people morons is kinda passe.

How about I strap an "I'm YEC" to your chest and send you into PZ's camp for a few minutes.

You crybabies really need to grow a bit of a thicker skin (or learn to ignore people you don't like).

I used to participate on a great forum site until the "F" word and it's ilk became so common that I had to bow out.
But, name calling is a "One-upmanship" activity. I don't usually, er, um, mostly, don't start name calling but I am delighted to oblige those who do start it with me!
When Little Nicky Name-caller starts in I have laughed out loud. His umbrage is a delight to behold! peace, bybee

SaulToPaul 2

Dear boy! How could anyone ignore you? I find you to be charming, erudite, informative, occasionally witty and I would claim you for a son in a heart beat!
bybee

Thank you, dear bybee.

But, you aren't a grouchy ole beer swillin' catholic like dear chrysostom.

Letsargue

Do you go to a church on Sunday morning and fellowship with other believers??

Believers are Christians, and Christians are the Believers. -- Not a bunch of people that hang togerther to support some false doctrine. There is NO Christian Church in your modern world today; NONE. What does it take to get some of you to see that?

All the churches cannot be right with Christ! - Show me JUST ONE that is.

No! I don't worship with false christians!

Paul -- 071210

Letsargue

Back in the years when I actually owned a Bible, I do not recall Jesus EVER using his religion to be out and out offense and cruel to others.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a fool, serpent or liar as compared to using words such as fag, pervert, etc. and salivating over the idea of nonbelievers being tortured for all eternity.

Sure there is ... as a matter of fact I would endorse a few that many of the "get out of hell free" type Christians seem to ignore.

Matthew 7:1-3 (KJV) Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Matthew 22:37-40 (New International Version)

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Nope ... non Christians can read and quote scripture. However, it does take a truly special, self righteous type of *Christian* (such as yourself) to get all indignant when someone dares to question the type of Christian who takes pleasure in being nasty to others.

STILL, you have not corrected anything in my THREADS with the Scripture. You only put yourself in the same bunch you just put me. "A sarcastic liar, and foollish nonbeliever".

Paul -- 071210

Letsargue

We're hateful, angry, and confused. It's just the sad state of the human condition, and why we need a Savior to begin with.

You all would gang up on the the Lord and kill him, or you would do the worst thing you could get away with. You all always do. - SUCH LOVE! - And some of you dare to call me "hateful". - Hell's children always smoke together.

Paul -- 071210

some other dude

Believers are Christians, and Christians are the Believers. -- Not a bunch of people that hang togerther to support some false doctrine. There is NO Christian Church in your modern world today; NONE. What does it take to get some of you to see that?

All the churches cannot be right with Christ! - Show me JUST ONE that is.

No! I don't worship with false christians!

Paul -- 071210

Were the apostles "right" with Christ? Of course not. And yet He did not reject them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I couldn't care less that Nick M and Lighthouse call me names. It's been over two years, it really doesn't have much effect anymore.

Just five days ago Nick M said the following in a neg rep to me:

You are a perverted Christ hating pig

Didn't even phase me, in fact most of the times I just laugh.

Your question was why do threads about hate and anger always bring up MADists? I was giving my reason why I believe the MADists always come up.

You have to admit that you don't see a lot of Mormons or Jews names come up when hate and anger are discussed.

Why don't you tell us why Nick M, Lighthouse, Butterfly, John W, Voltaire, etc (all MADists) names are mentioned when threads about hate and anger are started.

BTW, I'm not a YEC so I would probably be in agreement with whoever PZ is.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
STILL, you have not corrected anything in my THREADS with the Scripture. You only put yourself in the same bunch you just put me. "A sarcastic liar, and foollish nonbeliever".

Paul -- 071210

I am not sure I have ever read one of *your threads*. Once again, I do NOT own a Bible nor do I place any personal value on the words contained inside it.

This thread is about hate, anger and confusion. Something that you apparently enjoy contributing to.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Back in the years when I actually owned a Bible, I do not recall Jesus EVER using his religion to be out and out offense and cruel to others.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a fool, serpent or liar as compared to using words such as fag, pervert, etc. and salivating over the idea of nonbelievers being tortured for all eternity.
Then why was he referred to as the rock of offense by Isaiah, Paul and Peter?

Sure there is ... as a matter of fact I would endorse a few that many of the "get out of hell free" type Christians seem to ignore.

Matthew 7:1-3 (KJV) Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
v4 & 5 are vital to the overall meaning of that section:

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Nope ... non Christians can read and quote scripture. However, it does take a truly special, self righteous type of *Christian* (such as yourself) to get all indignant when someone dares to question the type of Christian who takes pleasure in being nasty to others.
However, according to Scripture one must have the mind of Christ in order to understand Scripture, and therefore use it properly.

No, not "a friend of Lighthouse". I AM LIGHTHOUSE!
Just to clarify, this statement is untrue. Stripe and I are not the same person. We don't even live near each other. He is older than I. We were born in different countries, even. And he is married. To an Asian woman, no less. I wish I was. Not his wife, though. That would be a sin. For me to wish to be married to her.

Letsargue

Were the apostles "right" with Christ? Of course not. And yet He did not reject them.

Of course not! - Of course not! --There was just so much that HAD it be accompleshed before Jesus died. Then there was just so much that had to be done before Jerusalem fell in AD 70. -- When the Revelation was presented to John, the Church and the Christians were a total mess. They couldn't have been made streight. However, Christ gave the Churches commands that even any lost fool could accomplish.

Revelation 2:5-6 KJV – “Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 6- But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate”.

Revelation 3:1-2 KJV – “I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God”.

Revelation 3:17-18 KJV – “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18- I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see”.

Some commandments were much less than these.

Paul -- 071210

Glenda

It couldn't happen if it wasn't allowed. Just imagine how many have been on the fence about faith and was totally put off after reading a few comments or threads.

You are right and it puts a lot of scary responsibility on us all
peace to you

gotta spread some rep ... getting harder all the time

Letsargue

It couldn't happen if it wasn't allowed. Just imagine how many have been on the fence about faith and was totally put off after reading a few comments or threads.

WELL NOW! - OK! - Lets really be LIBERAL here now, like you Liberals have Political Correctness, LETS JUST DO THAT HERE, and have your Spiritual Corectness! - So none of you can be ~embarrassed~ when you're corrected!

Paul -- 071410

Status
Not open for further replies.