Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

some other dude

Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand, to antagonize, to insult and strike out. And they claim to have the Lord in them. Are they lying? Are they deluded? Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?

lucy

Don't waste your time trying to figure it out. There are a few here that seem to think it is the "duty" of Christians to dump on those who are unbelievers and those who are believers but who do not think exactly like they think. Some take their personal theological systems to the extreme that if others do not adhere to their system, they are not Christians and should be dumped on until they leave TOL

Here are a few of the systems that are taken to extreme:

1. Mid Acts Dispensationalists (call themselves MAD) This is a form of hyper-dispensationalism. Look it up on the internet to find out what they believe. Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread on it!
An example of someone who believes this is Saul to Paul. Look up who his friends are on his profile and you will find who agrees with him. Not all of them are nasty to others, but you will figure out pretty quickly which ones are the ones to avoid.

2. Hyper- Calvinists (believe in limited atonement, that is, that God has pre-chosen who will and who will not be saved). Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread to ask about this, either. Go back and look at some old threads with this topic and you will figure it out.
Most of these people are not as vitriolic as the MAD people. Examples are: Nang, Assurance Agent (he's not hyper-Calvinist tho, just a Calvinist), and the guy who has TULIP in his avatar - can't remember his name right now..)

Jehovah's Witnesses (not Christians, but don't tell them that!
Squeaky is one example, and so is Keypurr.

Other: I have not figured out what these people believe as far as a particular theological system. They seem to have their own unique system, and some do not attend church but instead have home churches. If you start a conversation with them you will eventually get attacked. Examples are : Lighthouse, Nick M., Sozo, Elohiym (although I have to say, Elohiym is not as bad as some of them as far as name-calling is concerned), Butterfly, etc. These guys as a group seem to be the worst offenders, save Elohiym, at least, in my personal interactions with them...

In time, you will figure out who adheres to these beliefs and who makes it a habit to attack others. Avoid them and you will have a more pleasant interaction at TOL.

Last edited:

some other dude

Don't waste your time trying to figure it out. There are a few here that seem to think it is the "duty" of Christians to dump on those who are unbelievers and those who are believers but who do not think exactly like they think. Some take their personal theological systems to the extreme that if others do not adhere to their system, they are not Christians and should be dumped on until they leave TOL

1. Mid Acts Dispensationalists (call themselves MAD) This is a form of hyper-dispensationalism. Look it up on the internet to find out what they believe. Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread on it!
An example of someone who believes this is Saul to Paul. Look up who his friends are on his profile and you will find who agrees with him. Not all of them are nasty to others, but you will figure out pretty quickly which ones are the ones to avoid.

2. Hyper- Calvinists (believe in limited atonement, that is, that God has pre-chosen who will and who will not be saved). Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread to ask about this, either. Go back and look at some old threads with this topic and you will figure it out.
Most of these people are not as vitriolic as the MAD people. Examples are: Nang, Assurance Agent (he's not hyper-Calvinist tho, just a Calvinist), and the guy who has TULIP in his avatar - can't remember his name right now..)

Other: I have not figured out what these people believe as far as a particular theological system. They seem to have their own unique system, and some do not attend church but instead have home churches. If you start a conversation with them you will eventually get attacked. Examples are : Lighthouse, Nick M., Sozo, Elohiym (although I have to say, Elohiym is not as bad as some of them as far as name-calling is concerned), Butterfly, etc. These guys as a group seem to be the worst offenders, save Elohiym, at least, in my personal interactions with them...

In time, you will figure out who adheres to these beliefs and who makes it a habit to attack others. Avoid them and you will have a more pleasant interaction at TOL.

Thank you. Squeaky is one who puzzles me. He's a JW? Letsargue is another. He seems to be a KJV post-mil, but the "gospel" he shares is one that I had not encountered before.

And yes, I've encountered MAD's before. Some have been pleasant to converse with, some have not.

I suppose it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

lucy

Thank you. Squeaky is one who puzzles me. He's a JW? Letsargue is another. He seems to be a KJV post-mil, but the "gospel" he shares is one that I had not encountered before.

And yes, I've encountered MAD's before. Some have been pleasant to converse with, some have not.

Yep. Yeah, I forgot the KJV only people. They can get pretty ugly as well. Letsargue - I don't know what his problem is, but he is certainly strange, as is John W, another who is very vitriolic in his replies and also appears a bit "unhinged".

SaulToPaul 2

A little inventory. I have 33 friends. 17 of them are not "MAD".
That's 51.5% which are not "MAD".

I don't believe I have called you or 'some other dude' any names.

Letsargue

But the Christian is ordained or ordered / commanded to fight the good fight against false doctrine and their DOCTORS! - They are not the Christians, and it sounds like you have some nailed to their own barn door.

If that's not your spine showing, it's your brass.

Paul -- 071110

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They don't look like Christians. Are they just playing games?

Lucy gave some good advice. It just takes time to figure out who is sincere and wants to *share the good news* as compared to those who feel they need to beat you over the head with the *perceived* truth.

Letsargue

I am not a JW! - Or any other of those groups that call themselves anything other than just "CHRISTIAN", and there is none! - A Christian is a Christian, not a Mormon or Catholic or Baptist, or anything else; just CHRISTIAN (.)

Paul -- 071110

Letsargue

Lucy gave some good advice. It just takes time to figure out who is sincere and wants to *share the good news* as compared to those who feel they need to beat you over the head with the *perceived* truth.

OOOhhhh! Is that what Jesus and Paul did when they called the fools, fools, serpents, liars and whited walls? -- Beat them over the head WITH WHAT? - Scriptures? --- Is there not some Scripture somewhere that any of you could use to correct anything? - Or does it really take a Christian to use Scriptures?

Paul -- 071110

some other dude

I am not a JW! - Or any other of those groups that call themselves anything other than just "CHRISTIAN", and there is none! - A Christian is a Christian, not a Mormon or Catholic or Baptist, or anything else; just CHRISTIAN (.)

Paul -- 071110

Do you go to a church on Sunday morning and fellowship with other believers??

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OOOhhhh! Is that what Jesus and Paul did when they called the fools, fools, serpents, liars and whited walls? -- Beat them over the head WITH WHAT? - Scriptures? ---

Back in the years when I actually owned a Bible, I do not recall Jesus EVER using his religion to be out and out offense and cruel to others.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a fool, serpent or liar as compared to using words such as fag, pervert, etc. and salivating over the idea of nonbelievers being tortured for all eternity.

Is there not some Scripture somewhere that any of you could use to correct anything?

Sure there is ... as a matter of fact I would endorse a few that many of the "get out of hell free" type Christians seem to ignore.

Matthew 7:1-3 (KJV) Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Matthew 22:37-40 (New International Version)

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

- Or does it really take a Christian to use Scriptures?

Paul -- 071110

Nope ... non Christians can read and quote scripture. However, it does take a truly special, self righteous type of *Christian* (such as yourself) to get all indignant when someone dares to question the type of Christian who takes pleasure in being nasty to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.